Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone DOOMed (finally)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhone DOOMed (finally)

iPhone DOOM has been in the works for over a year now with more or less success. For all of you that have been waiting for this for the last year it seems that the game is finally being refined into a more solid and playable version!

Steven Troughton-Smith of iphonedoom and Zodttd of Zodttd.com have been collaborating over the last few weeks to push out a playable iPhone DOOM! While it isn't perfect yet this version has controls that are quite a bit more usable than the previous public versions and the game's performance is quite good. The main problems for me on this version are the occasional crash and some issues navigating a couple menus. I'm sure Zodttd and Steven will be working consistently in the coming weeks to sort out bugs and polish the app up a bit.

The latest version is publically available via the Games section of Cydia for you to download. All you need to do is provide your own WAD files for Doom 1 or 2 and you'll be all good to go!

(A WAD file is a game data file required for you to be able to play DOOM. While these are easily findable on Google do not post them on MMi as they are warez. Find them yourself.)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

armend2008 (12-27-2008), bensen (11-30-2008), elr0y7 (11-30-2008)

way to go guys!!! Thanks for working so hard to get this out. I have been playing doom since the day it came out!!!

next step, halo?

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post
    next step, halo?
    I would pay a nonsensical amount of money for that.

next step, halo?
    Something close is already in the works:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEj2D_N8WVc&feature=related]YouTube - iHalo newest version 2.2.1 Beta[/ame]
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

7. The Following User Says Thank You to elr0y7 For This Useful Post:

MadMarine 525 (11-30-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

There's another game very similar to Doom/Quake/Halo out right now. It's called Cube. I have Quake on my iPhone but Cube runs much smoother.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK-2ZXF3bhc]YouTube - Download Cube for iPhone FREE!!! (First Person Shooter)[/ame]

Green Apple
    Thanks

as cool as this release is i have it running great on my phone, but he controls are a bit iffy. if you move you move much too fast ad its to hard to stop. but it is very cool and worth a play
    RY GUY!!!

next step, halo?
    God, lets hope not. I'd rather see dev time and effort go towards good games, with good skill based Mplayer. Duke 3d maybe? Or Rise of the Triad would be amazing on the iPhone.

Default wow!
    I remember reading somebodys post about world of warcraft on the iPhone. Now that would be the ultimate cash drop! Hopefully it dosent come out becuase my girlfriend would kill me!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

huhzaaa I'm so excited!!!

Via iPhone
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I have doom, just downloaded it today. I don't like it. I can't even control the dude, he runs faster than me.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.

Looks cool but the guy does run very fast, I'll try it some more later.
    Whats up with that cube joint though GADeputy?
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

next step, halo?
    Amen to that, i would pay cold hard cash for that
    www.ccbahamas.co.nr

Question Question!
    Does this work on old school firmwares like 1.1.1? Of course, with old school firmwares, nothing is available through Cydia or Installer anymore, but I stilled downloaded the application through google and SSHed it onto my phone. The application showed up on my iphone, but everytime I open it, my screen goes white and then it exits out. I even tried adding a .wad file to the application folder, but nothing was fixed. What should I do?!

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesChirac View Post
    Does this work on old school firmwares like 1.1.1? Of course, with old school firmwares, nothing is available through Cydia or Installer anymore, but I stilled downloaded the application through google and SSHed it onto my phone. The application showed up on my iphone, but everytime I open it, my screen goes white and then it exits out. I even tried adding a .wad file to the application folder, but nothing was fixed. What should I do?!
    what you should do is upgrade to 2.2. why are you still on 1.1.1? theres been lik 10 firmware releases since then. you cant do nothing on 1.1.1 not even move icons around. how could you even use a iphone like that. shoot i couldnt even stand a jailbroken 1.4 get with the times man. it will be a greeeeea improvement

19. The Following User Says Thank You to djfantom For This Useful Post:

JacquesChirac (11-30-2008)

I hate using the acceleromater for going forward and using buttons to turn. I would rather just play the emulater version on the iPhone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GADeputy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionarymc View Post
    Whats up with that cube joint though GADeputy?
    Don't know what you mean. I installed Cube from Appstore for free. It runs a lot smoother than Doom or Quake and is actually playable. It took me a while to find enemies to shoot at though.

Considering the amount of traffic here, might be a good idea to fix my name =)

Steven Troughton-Smith.

I've already given out to Zodttd for getting it wrong on his site haha.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steventroughtonsmith View Post
    Considering the amount of traffic here, might be a good idea to fix my name =)

Steven Troughton-Smith.

I've already given out to Zodttd for getting it wrong on his site haha.
    PM p_f or Cash and they can put a "-" in that name for yea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast