+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MCleaner 1.6 - Hang up on Idiots Immediately

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
MCleaner is one of those nifty jailbreak apps which are actually useful. The app blocks unwanted callers (even texts from them), and recently posted an update which adds a feature
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Default MCleaner 1.6 - Hang up on Idiots Immediately
    MCleaner is one of those nifty jailbreak apps which are actually useful. The app blocks unwanted callers (even texts from them), and recently posted an update which adds a feature where the caller gets an immediate answer and hangup - so they can't even leave you a voicemail. Heh.

MCleaner has been around for a while, and runs on quite a few phones (check their site for a full list).

Its available on the iPhone via Cydia (and runs a steep $11.99, actually - up to you if that's something you want to block or accept ) with a 15 day trial.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

I'd buy it just for the answer and immediate hang-up

Green Apple
    Thanks

this app would be pretty handy, i have plenty of annoying people that clutter up my voicemail

Thanks

i do have a annoying ex texting me..it cost me 15 to change my number but she found out from a friend so i think this will be better to buy rather than spening 15 to change my number again..

price is high but chepper than changing my number..im going to check it out..thanks MChammer
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    i do have a annoying ex texting me..it cost me 15 to change my number but she found out from a friend so i think this will be better to buy rather than spening 15 to change my number again..

price is high but chepper than changing my number..im going to check it out..thanks MChammer
    Not to mention the satisfaction of auto hanging up on her everytime

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Not to mention the satisfaction of auto hanging up on her everytime
    yeah thats great..
    but one problem you have to disable MCleaner to use SPOOF APP because its set to block unwanted calls ect..you have to disable it so that you can use SPOOF APP..you have to go back an forth with the settings..its all good thoe..

also can anyone confirm this..when running MCleaner and the phone has no service and gets a call the person will be sent to voicemail and they can leave you a message.. does it still block calls when the phone has no service?

oh by the way i put "MC hammer" retard me i wont edit that go ahead and laugh at it..
    Last edited by pacmac; 11-26-2008 at 07:41 PM.
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Thanks

it blocks the call as it hits the phone so i think a powered down call would hit vm.

another really cool feature is hangup and reply sms.

So if yer at the titty bar you can ignore all calls, reply "in a meeting, cant talk try text" or just

or have it sms your black list "f%#@ off"

very nice feature and useful app. Worth every penny to me

Banned
    Thanks

Can anyone tell me how the registration process works? Im thinking about making the switch from Iblacklist because Ive had to rebuy that app 3 times now due to upgrading my iphone and getting a warranty replacement..... Its really nonsense that they dont offer some kind of discount or deal of some sort.

Due they offer replacement key if you get a new phone or is it like iblacklist where its device specific key and u have to keep re-buying.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This seems like a great app. Just to be fair I'm going to endorse iBlacklist as being equivalent and aweome! I have been using it for over a year now. It will also autoreply your SMS and give people a "fast busy" response so it can't even get through to voice mail. I think a little friendly competition will keep both these apps very useful! Oh and they're both the same price Thanks to both Devs!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Good Software
    I have been using Mcleaner for near two months and find it works very well and useful, only that it sometimes crashes with some spring board functions. For example, if we set to 5 docks, it will crash . Hope Mcleaner team can improve it or spring board to improve??

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is in a word. Lame. Is this MCleaner simply turning the fact that their "straight to busy" functionality worked like crap and still sent the person to voicemail? Why would I want my phone to pick up and hangup on someone when I can just have that person go straight to a busy signal.

While MCleaner has a nicer interface, iBlacklist is the more capable app.

Thanks
    good
    i can finally shut up those annoying lawyers that keep on calling me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

hmmmmm... I'm more like a iBlacklist kind of guy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    Can anyone tell me how the registration process works? Im thinking about making the switch from Iblacklist because Ive had to rebuy that app 3 times now due to upgrading my iphone and getting a warranty replacement..... Its really nonsense that they dont offer some kind of discount or deal of some sort.

Due they offer replacement key if you get a new phone or is it like iblacklist where its device specific key and u have to keep re-buying.
    same as iblacklist..... i've paid for that one twice already, been playing with both a bit tonight, I think im gonna stay with iblacklist i dont think they had the sms reply on the version i had last but since they do i think ill stick with it

iPhone? More like MyPhone blazingangel1986's Avatar
    Thanks

This truly would be nice it seems better than Pysl, i dont think it dose the auto hangup thing . I have 2 pests that seemed to have gotten a hold my cell number thank ya buddy
    www.ccbahamas.co.nr

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post

Hey, Carrbone

Sorry mate but this is not true. I've been replacing keys with no extra costs to our registered users who had their devices broken and switched by the warranty. All you need to do is get in contact with [email protected]

17. The Following User Says Thank You to spektro For This Useful Post:

mikdiamon (11-27-2008)

Thanks

Update: Had my new key in 8 minutes. Fair deal and great service. Nice!

That's GREAT news, I just had mt phone replaced recently I'll be emailing support next!

Just to be clear though Carrbone was also asking about when you upgrade your phone, and at least a few months ago I did have to purchase a new key when I upgraded to 3G.

Heres the reply I got just before purchasing iblacklist for the second time

anyway, glad I can get a new code since it was a replacement and really, I think thats fair. Talk to you soon!!!!

Mcleaner definately has some nice feature, but I think I will indeed stick with iblacklist. The interfaces are very competitive, I think iBlacklist has the upper hand in functionality and has less bugs at this point. I corresponded with both support departments tonight and both were fast, courteous, easily understood and helpful. I'm sticking with iBlacklist, partly because they hooked me up with a key, but I would not have any trouble buying mcleaner if I liked that better. Both great apps, Thanks devs!!!!

oh one feature mcleaner does have that I would love to see on iblacklist is the fake password. It allows someone to enter the wrong pass and opens the program to show blank logs and list and i could see it saving a snoopy wifes life! haha
    Last edited by mikdiamon; 11-27-2008 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Update

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bouzo's Avatar
    Thanks

You know what they say,

Once you go Black, you'll never go back!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When talking about upgrading your device for example from a 1st Gen to a 3G phone this is equivalent to buying a new computer. WHen you buy software you are buying a license for ONE device or computer. If you sell that device the software which was paid for goes with it. I don't see the big deal in having to pay for it again since it works the same in the computer world (legally). If you break your device and get a replacement then that's a different story though... should get a free replacement key.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Default Thats so awesome
    I personally find that feature AWESOME and will be purchasing this app right after i snag up swirlyMMS once my phone gets here. pick up and hang up on someone.......without even touching your phone. amazing. ill pay 12 bucks for that any day
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.