+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MCleaner 1.6 - Hang up on Idiots Immediately

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cricketlang I personally find that feature AWESOME and will be purchasing this app right after i snag up swirlyMMS once my phone gets here. pick up and
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    I personally find that feature AWESOME and will be purchasing this app right after i snag up swirlyMMS once my phone gets here. pick up and hang up on someone.......without even touching your phone. amazing. ill pay 12 bucks for that any day
    if your phone dont have signal at the time the person that you block calls they will be able to leave you a Voicemail but im not sure if thats confirm..im looking to buy it as well let me know if that happens or anyone that has it and it does send to VM when no signal when MCleaner is on..

thanks
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pacmac View Post
    if your phone dont have signal at the time the person that you block calls they will be able to leave you a Voicemail but im not sure if thats confirm..im looking to buy it as well let me know if that happens or anyone that has it and it does send to VM when no signal when MCleaner is on..

thanks
    neither mcleaner nor iblacklist can filter calls if the phone is off or you dont have signal (tested this in Airplane mode).

If you are on another call both apps do their thing, but if a call comes in while you are making a call but before you connect they both send the blocked caller to vm.

I don't think there is much they can do about either of these scenarios,

Thanks

I have this app and i absolutly love it! My favorite feature of this app is the "fake for wrong password" option. Basically if someone enters the wrong password when opening the app it will open just like they have entered the correct password but everything is blank like the app hasnt even been used. I checked iBlacklist to see if it had that feature a while back and it didnt so i decided to stick with Mcleaner.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Green Apple
    Thanks
    haha this app is truly great.. a bit too expensive though...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Good App But a little 2 much for it
    I understand how much time you spent creating a app all the code and time, but 11.99 for license is a litte two mcuh for it i like the one it was 4.00 or 9.99

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

iBlacklist is better IMO, and I haven't had to replace my registration either after upgrading. Just entered my code they gave me and all works great. The GUI is a little nicer and it works solid. Just my .02c

Green Apple
    Thanks

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 06-09-2010 at 01:24 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    When talking about upgrading your device for example from a 1st Gen to a 3G phone this is equivalent to buying a new computer. WHen you buy software you are buying a license for ONE device or computer. If you sell that device the software which was paid for goes with it. I don't see the big deal in having to pay for it again since it works the same in the computer world (legally). If you break your device and get a replacement then that's a different story though... should get a free replacement key.
    this statement couldn't be further from the truth. First of all, you don't BUY software, you buy a license to use it. Second, you're licensing it for ONE(or qty) computer, not A computer. Meaning it cannot be installed on more than one computer at a time, but can be transferred to a new computer if desired.

Granted, whoever writes up the license for their software can decide it can only go on a single computer and never be installed anywhere else... but I've been dealing with software for years and have NEVER seen such a thing.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

When talking about upgrading your device for example from a 1st Gen to a 3G phone this is equivalent to buying a new computer. WHen you buy software you are buying a license for ONE device or computer. If you sell that device the software which was paid for goes with it. I don't see the big deal in having to pay for it again since it works the same in the computer world (legally). If you break your device and get a replacement then that's a different story though... should get a free replacement key.
    Yeah right. I'm getting really tired of having to buy Adobe CS3 and MS Office every time I upgrade my computer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonycortes View Post
    I understand what you are trying to say... but your argument is not solid. When you buy a new computer, you have the choice to migrate your software (install on new PC, and remove from old PC). It would be correct to say that when you buy software you are buying a LICENSE to have the software installed on one device at any given time (in most cases). It does not necessarily "go with it" (the software).

I think it should not be an issue to pay for a new license if the terms of agreement when purchasing the software was that the software license is non-transferable (as some PC software TOAs read). So NO it doesn't work the same in the PC world (majority) and I can tell you this first hand.. being an I.T. I transfer licenses all the time as allowed.
    Definitely interesting on both sides. I think everytime I have downloaded a app or game for cell phones I had I would have to repurchase everytime i upgraded if I had bought it from the provider.

Once I got into smartphones or windows mobile devices and purchased them from 3rd party devs tho it was always transferable.

I agree this is crap.

I purchased iBlacklist twice because I upgraded to 3g, however they did give me a free code when I got a replacement because my first 3g broke.

I guess ultimately its the dev's decision what their policy is but I bet if one or the other gave us what we want most people would go with them.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default iBlacklist by Dev team
    I use iBlacklist for the iPhone. It works wonderfully. It actually has an option so when a number calls you that you want to block, your carrier actually picks up and states "The caller you have dialed is outside of their coverage area, please try again later" or something like that and then goes to a busy signal. It's hilarious. Not sure how the phone tricks the carrier in thinking your phone is out of the coverage area, but it's a really nice option. The software is made by the dev team.

Thanks

Both MCleaner and iBlacklist are useful to consumers. The benefit of having it is to avoid receiving unwanted callers such as telemarketers. Another benefit is the savings in that some carriers charge for a similar feature but over time the cost adds up. Example here in Canada Rogers sells a feature called Call Manager which does basically the same thing though cost $5.00 CDN per month and over 12 months thats $60.00 CDN. As for the apps themselves I would like in the future for those with blocked telephone numbers to hear an automated message that states "The customer you are trying to reach does not accept blocked telephone numbers". This way if getting a call from someone you want to receive the caller can temporarily enable their call ID to show their number when calling you.

SOHO: MacBook Pro, iMac, Maya, Shake, FCS 2, iLife, iWork, Office, Time Capsule, iPhone 3G 16GB

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

For the I.T. guy and those people that LEGALLY! transfer licenses to new machines I can respect y'all. This means erasing the software from the old machine and following the EULA. The VAST majority of people pirate their software however so the Devs have to be a little bit more strict when it comes to handing out license codes like candy. The Devs of both iLog and iBlacklist offered me free codes on my 3G but since I kept my 1st Gen phone also I chose to pay for the apps again since I have 2 phones and thus 2 licenses.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

...The VAST majority of people pirate their software ...
    Where the hell did you get the statistics to support that notion?
    If most of the people you know steal software, then you're hanging out with the wrong people.
    Last edited by queritor; 11-29-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Thanks

For the I.T. guy and those people that LEGALLY! transfer licenses to new machines I can respect y'all. This means erasing the software from the old machine and following the EULA. The VAST majority of people pirate their software however so the Devs have to be a little bit more strict when it comes to handing out license codes like candy. The Devs of both iLog and iBlacklist offered me free codes on my 3G but since I kept my 1st Gen phone also I chose to pay for the apps again since I have 2 phones and thus 2 licenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by queritor View Post
    Where the hell did you get the statistics to support that notion?
    If most of the people you know steal software, then you're hanging out with the wrong people.
    no doubt! I paid for my app anyway and most of the people (i know a ton with iphones my company owns 30) would rather have registered product, support devs, ect. Seems to me the people that will steal it are gonna, even with all these precautions and charging us twice theres still a cracked version of mcleaner out there. I just dont see how making us pay twice is going to solve that. Dev's, just dont hand your codes out like candy and DONT give them to the vast majority of the people poseidon knows!

qnc
    Thanks

I don't know if anyone cares when trying iBlacklist and then MCleaner. I also like to straight to busy signal. Person calling does not know if it is a valid number, I like this since I will be going to no land line to ignore.

I email MCleaner suppport and asked them about blocked calls going to VM. the answer I got was it was a carrier issue. I dont know how it could be a carrier issue. I used iBlacklist on T-Mobile and ATT and it went straight to busy everytime I tested it.

iBlacklist is tops in my must have apps.
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bikermok View Post
    I have been using Mcleaner for near two months and find it works very well and useful, only that it sometimes crashes with some spring board functions. For example, if we set to 5 docks, it will crash . Hope Mcleaner team can improve it or spring board to improve??
    Thanks for your suggestion,we'll check and fix it.

[QUOTE=qumahlin;2759931]This is in a word. Lame. Is this MCleaner simply turning the fact that their "straight to busy" functionality worked like crap and still sent the person to voicemail? Why would I want my phone to pick up and hangup on someone when I can just have that person go straight to a busy signal.
    QUOTE]

while someone just don't want to get the call or even the voicemail.go straight to busy will also have the voicemail,if pick up and hangup,the call is blocked without getting voicemail. maybe you just don't need this feature.
    Last edited by mcleaner; 12-02-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcleaner View Post
    while someone just don't want to get the call or even the voicemail.go straight to busy will also have the voicemail,if pick up and hangup,the call is blocked without getting voicemail. maybe you just don't need this feature.

mcleaner i think what he is saying that your prior trait to busy functionality didnt. It sent blisted callers to vm just like ignore.
    on the new version the phone pics up, and then hangs up instead of sending them strait to bz like iblacklist does.

I like both these apps but definitely think iBlacklint has the edge at this point because this function works properly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

wa oh` it's really a hot discussion on this point

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Didn't receive serial # after payment made
    has anyone have had problems receiving the code after making payment? I have yet to receive a serial number to access the program after making payment via paypal. Please let me know.

Thanks