Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Early 2.2 Opinions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    not to sound like an ***** but dont u people even look through cydia-
    THERE ARE SEVERAL SEARCH APPS-

MailSearch- (FOR ONE)
    "Searches downloaded emails in any/all mailboxes for a particular string. Similar to the blackberry email search feature"

Searcher is another...

seriously.... you'd be amazed at the great stuff youd find if you just searched
    I just browse to m.gmail.com via safari and it provides a search feature at the bottom.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    im a complete noob, but i know that this version is way better than the last. no crashing, things opening faster, no wierd glitchy crap. i had all kinds of wierdness going on with 2.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Blurry pics in 2.2
    Blurry pics on 2.2 when saved from website or email what is up with this. My favorite pic of my son for my Bday taken with another iphone and it appears blurry and I canít use it as my wallpaper. Iím smoking mad now.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jollywombat View Post
    It sounds like you and the previous person have "Kate" installed. I had a similar issue back when 2.1 came out and had Kate installed. It was incompatible with the new firmware and caused all of the exact same issues as you described with the phone not being able to hang up and the springboard icons re-arranging themselves every time it respringed or rebooted. Remove Kate through cydia/installer, then reboot and you should be fine.

FYI, even if Kate says its compatible, its usually not. Have had nothing but problems with it post 2.1, would just avoid it personally.

Hope this helps
    no help at all... not even indirectly related to anything I said.
    dont use kate. never have, never will.

I never said I had any re-arranging nor problems hanging up the phone.

Cool Issues on v2.2
    First off I am a VERY happy iPhone 3G owner (in my country it's unlocked - the baseband)

I also use a Mac and with Pwnge Tools I couldn't be happier.

YES I have bought apps (and searched a lot trust me) so i have MMS,Video,PowerSearch,Cut-copy-paste from and to e-mails,notes,sms and docs,vCard mailer,Spreadsheet AND use DiskAid to completely manage all files on my iPhone,etc etc)

SO people please stop complaining! iPhone IS a SOLID device - it's just been handled very POORLY by Apple...

I Do have 2 issues regarding the 2.2 version (to which i updated without a thought since the phone works much smoother and faster)

iSSUE 1: Offline Maps DOESN'T WORK with v2.2 *

*Ooops...I just answered this one by searching the net...
    It seems many people are working hard out there for iPhone software!
    You can convert your offline maps for iphone v2.1 to v2.2 here:

iMapsManager

(site is in russian, no worries just download the Mapv4v5converter.zip file)

Many thanks to Offline Maps author, mask (maybe the best app ever for iphone)...

ISSUE 2: LogoMe doesn't work (it's not up to date yet since it downloads some files first)
    I'm fed up with pineapples... Want my own (football team) logo when I reboot....Plus a full restore will take me two days (cydia packages,custom icons etc - though a nice trick is to take screenshots of all your categories,cydia and installer packages to make the process faster)

Apart from this I can't LIVE without my iPhone and am happy to see it working faster on v2.2- especially categories....

BTW is there another phone where you can navigate using google maps without internet connection? Don't think so....
    Last edited by keysloser; 11-28-2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I upgraded both the baseband and the firmware since our company has at least 2 more years on our contract.

I've found both the connection and searching for signal is worse than 2.1 and the old baseband. I was duped into the better call setup and signal that was claimed by Apple. I manage a grocery store and had the lay of the store as far as signal from my 2g thru my 2.1 3g and it is now worse.

I have had more dropped calls since 2.2 than all the other firmwares combined. This is really getting ridiculous. I love my iPhone but it needs to function as a phone.
    Black iPhone 4 32gb. MacBook Pro (but still have a Gateway Desktop running Windows 7 Professional)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

all u 3g complainers seem to be the only ones.

all 2g users seem happy with the update, minus features that the iphone hasn't had since day 1 anyway so no reason to complain. steve jobs said it him self. its a damn pc phone, why do u want mms crappy pic sending? it has email, tell ur friends to stop being cheap and update to a real phone and they can recieve the emailed pics.

ill be updating my 2g iphone tonight and ill report back later with my results. all the complaints scared me but it seems to be all you unlucky 3g users.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

So far so good, Safari seems to crash less often, BUT, now my cookies apparently dont work anymore. I dont know if its just me, but my phone doesnt remember anything anymore as it used too. Even MMi acts crazy, I have to sign in everytime I go to it, and it bounces me back and forth from the iphone site to the regular site when I click on links.

If I sign into the MMi iphone site and click a link, it takes me to the regular site. If i'm on the regular site and click the banner to go back to the iphone site, I have to sign in again, even if I havn't closed the browser.... its making me nutz!!
    BTW, I have my cookie setting on ''always'', I tried changing it to ''visited'', same thing.
    Am I alone on this??
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry 2.2 is Garbage
    First off dont get me wrong i like how Apple has increase the speed of the phone, and the added Gmap thing, but its garbage for me and i have a 3G, i have had over 90% of my calls DROPPED in one day and i just got this phone a month ago, and i have NEVER had a dropped call until i updated to 2.2 can someone please tell me if i go back to 2.1 that will ERASE all traces of 2.2 off my phone, including that bandpass whatever that **** is? i am so FURIOUS right now, i wish i had never EVER updated to 2.2, can someone please tell me where i can go an download a Factory 2.1 Firmware. because i am totally DONE with 2.2, all this crap and i had to reinstall everything im so freakin PISSED

I'm coming from 1.1.2 fw with 2G iPhone, and 2.2 are top. Less fast than fw 1.1.2 but top.
    I think it's possible to overclocking with ibooter but dont know exactly how... devteam seem to be will prepare something to run ibooter
    Last edited by mikele1959; 12-01-2008 at 04:39 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Wrong thread :P
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 12-02-2008 at 07:35 AM.

What's Jailbreak? Cannonball-Lee's Avatar
    Thanks

battery life seems to go away quickly, im not doing anything diff with my phone since ive updated and hacked but for some reason with in one school day it used to only b 50% depleted when now its dead and off by the time school lets out...

I had an odd issue when i was using some ********* stuff where it would not update apps that i got from the appstore. After removing ********* i had no problems.

I will say that turning off autocorrect is nice, before i was using the bossprefs app.

Push appears to work a bit better, but it could be an isp thing too.

Im not really impresses with street view. It would seem you have to guess where it is supported as there is no real indicator for it on the map.

I would have prefered some tweaking to the gps tracking feature and navigation function to make it a bit more detailed.

Otherwise, i see no majour improvements.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/apple-a...ml#post2843921

It looks as though Apple has started locking the new games into 2.2 FW. Might want to watch this one if it is true. If someone with 2.1 wants to take a whack at installing monopoly. go for it. That's the latest app store release.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Question Battery Bug ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dangersnert View Post
    I'm not sure but I think my battery lasted longer on 2.1 today did about 20-30 sms, played around on face book, and played some games for about 30 minutes. Battery was down to 60%. Anyone else notice this?
    I am having a problem with battery life being reduced to 10% overnight 2 nights running.
    I had a sniff around and it seems its pretty common so wondered if there is a fix around yet ?

Here is what I read :
    http://iphone.click2creation.com/200...e-os-22-fixes/

Sorry If posting this link makes me a naughty boy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234