+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Early 2.2 Opinions

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Apple's inability or unwillingness to add some features (listed below) that are common on almost every wireless phone out there, has let me to start thinking about getting the BlackBerry
    Thanks
    Default I'm already thinking STORM...
    Apple's inability or unwillingness to add some features (listed below) that are common on almost every wireless phone out there, has let me to start thinking about getting the BlackBerry Storm.

I hate to get and email and having to type some of the info in the email as a note in a contact. Most of these features are not a luxury, they are a necessity.

Features:
    1. Copy and Paste
    2. MMS
    3. Video recording
    4. Flash player
    5. Text forwarding
    6. Being able to dial numbers from Notes application

Apple time is running out!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me hollow0's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wisecat74 View Post
    Apple's inability or unwillingness to add some features (listed below) that are common on almost every wireless phone out there, has let me to start thinking about getting the BlackBerry Storm.

I hate to get and email and having to type some of the info in the email as a note in a contact. Most of these features are not a luxury, they are a necessity.

Features:
    1. Copy and Paste
    2. MMS
    3. Video recording
    4. Flash player
    5. Text forwarding
    6. Being able to dial numbers from Notes application

Apple time is running out!!!
    Well, with jailbreak, 2 of the 6 features you mentioned exist (MMS and Video Recording). I've never seen flash on a phone before.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I thought this was early impresiions of 2.2 not a wish list or cydia apps that screw it up...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Please excuse my noobishness...if there is another place to post this I will. But I cannot update my iPhone to 2.2... I have tried to upgrade it many times and I keep getting a message saying that my iPhone was dissconnected. Any suggestions?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I am not understanding why Apple is so proud of the iPhone features that resemble any iPod's. If we wanted to have a device for music playback, podcast, music downloads we would buy an iPod.This phone needs to provide for business usage or it has to go away because all the interface, the pretty icons and all the gadgets are just not going to be enough.
    I love my phone but as a business owner i find it more and more annoying that it simply does not provide funcionality for business use. If the Blacberry pushes the iPhone out of the market it is well deserved.
    I also find it highly upsetting that Apple who revolutionized the cellphone market with this device is bending over for AT&T and not taking control over issues like MMS,Teethering and can we please have SMS forwarding, copy and Paste and "business card" forwarding along with a decent GPS??

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

People bought the iPhone while back knowing what features were on the iPhone and what were missing.
    Although I do really want the features people request, what I really, really want is to edit a received a text and then forward it and ability to send files through bluetooth!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

cg_ai4 (11-25-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow, I haven't posted on here for quite some time. So long in fact that I believe it was still modmyifone! I'm itching to try 2.2 out and I'm liking the sound of being able to turn off auto correction! I get my iPhone back tomorrow from Apple. I sent it in because I was getting a big yellow spot in the corner of my screen. Somehow it managed to just burn up the screen over time I guess.( Still have the orginal iphone also)Back to topic though, I still can't believe we don't have landscape txting! There's currently a commercial for some new verizon phone and they zoom in and specifically show both vert/landscape txting I think just to spit in our faces. Anyway, where's our flash, MMS,copy & paste, other txting features like easy txt forwarding? Please update the next firmware for this already come on!

Oh almost forgot, my mail app has NEVER worked because I use Hotmail, and the only way to make it work is to forward my mail through some gay mail client and then they want to charge me to use their mail fetching features. I'm not paying anymore why can't you just get all mail domains to work with our phones it'd be a bit more convenient.
    Last edited by prodigy; 11-25-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol blackberry...you make me laugh... a friend of mine got the storm when it came out and put it on ebay the same day lmao. he let me try it and it is absolutly horrible..

Thanks

well as for me om very disappointed with 2.2 every time i reboot or restart my springboard all of my apps. change to different pages on my home screen and my phone app. crash every time i open it so i cannot make any calls only toy contacs but they have to hang off otherwise the call would continue and if i receive a call i have to turn off my iphone to hang off i dont like that have this happen anyone else?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tudtran's Avatar
    Thanks

Need MMS please.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cg_ai4 View Post
    well as for me om very disappointed with 2.2 every time i reboot or restart my springboard all of my apps. change to different pages on my home screen and my phone app. crash every time i open it so i cannot make any calls only toy contacs but they have to hang off otherwise the call would continue and if i receive a call i have to turn off my iphone to hang off i dont like that have this happen anyone else?

Im tryin really hard to read this and re-read this and understand but Im still at a loss..

I think whats happening to you happened to me as far as the calls...

I got a call today and dismissed it by pushing the power button.
    The phone went back to what I was doing in cydia.

The LOCK icon was present up top and I couldnt navigate away from the screen.
    I was stuck staring at cydia but it wasnt frozen cause I could scroll up and down....

I pushed the home button and held it for over 20 seconds before reseting hoping it would send it home
    only a reset saved me.. nothing else would work-

This happened twice-

Thanks

On my 2.2 G3 iphone i've notice that you can screen grab by pressing the home and the power button at the same time....is this new?

Banned
    Thanks

^^^ lol as new as the invention of the round wheel.

Green Apple
    Thanks

WHY DONT YOU GO BUY A DIFFERENT PHONE ... OR CARRY AROUND A LAPTOP...
    well deserved....i know everyone has an opinion but if you hated yer iphone that much you would not be on this site
    ment to quote blackberry guy on pervious page
    Last edited by plukk; 11-25-2008 at 04:33 PM. Reason: n

iPhone? More like MyPhone HarlemState's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Hmmmm
    !!!!!!!!!!!FW 2.2 response time on a jailbroken 3g is beautiful!!!my category apps splashes much faster. 2.1 cate. apps use to splash foreverrrrr.. everything just seems faster, I thought it was just cuz of a fresh restore/update it would respondin like this......its been a couple days already and i just finished loadin my sh*t up wit themes and thirdparty apps with a response as fast as Bretts arm ....I also noticed in the new update "jailbroken", was that MySMS landscape keyboard lags with a keyboard theme i disable it and it works fine!!!!!!!!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Capslock is missing. Or is it just me?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post

I agree 150% of about a mail search! Thank god i use GMail, but i understand the headache of logging in through safari to find one message.
    not to sound like an ***** but dont u people even look through cydia-
    THERE ARE SEVERAL SEARCH APPS-

MailSearch- (FOR ONE)
    "Searches downloaded emails in any/all mailboxes for a particular string. Similar to the blackberry email search feature"

Searcher is another...

seriously.... you'd be amazed at the great stuff youd find if you just searched
    Last edited by Carrbone; 11-25-2008 at 07:19 PM.

Thanks

Yeah, its a REALLY stable version of iPhoe firmware, and you MUST give it that at least.

Its much quicker in loading and even runs apps more smoothly.

I haven't noticed any terrible crashes or anything!

So although it does lack a lot of features, it still was a worthy and solid release.

Even if EVERYTHING was added that we asked for there would be SOMETHING to complain about... you CAN'T deny that!

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    This is where Apple better step up & let loose of the "our way only". They may be ahead, but they won't be for long, if other manufactures give the consumer what they want.
    for apple the iPhone is meant to b the PERFECT PHONE but I agree and also to be the "perfect phone" it should have what people want!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carrbone View Post
    Im tryin really hard to read this and re-read this and understand but Im still at a loss..

I think whats happening to you happened to me as far as the calls...

I got a call today and dismissed it by pushing the power button.
    The phone went back to what I was doing in cydia.

The LOCK icon was present up top and I couldnt navigate away from the screen.
    I was stuck staring at cydia but it wasnt frozen cause I could scroll up and down....

I pushed the home button and held it for over 20 seconds before reseting hoping it would send it home
    only a reset saved me.. nothing else would work-

This happened twice-

It sounds like you and the previous person have "Kate" installed. I had a similar issue back when 2.1 came out and had Kate installed. It was incompatible with the new firmware and caused all of the exact same issues as you described with the phone not being able to hang up and the springboard icons re-arranging themselves every time it respringed or rebooted. Remove Kate through cydia/installer, then reboot and you should be fine.

FYI, even if Kate says its compatible, its usually not. Have had nothing but problems with it post 2.1, would just avoid it personally.

Hope this helps