+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Open Letter from Steve Jobs to all iPhone users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
The $200 is generally for people who bought it with price protection on their purchases (AMEX, Citi, etc) or people who bought it within the 14 days.
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,800 Times in 1,224 Posts

The $200 is generally for people who bought it with price protection on their purchases (AMEX, Citi, etc) or people who bought it within the 14 days.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was pissed off as hell. I would have liked more, since it is a store credit meaning we have to use it at the an apple store again, but at least we got something. I'm sure they had it on the back burner and just waited to see how the iphone people reacted to the price cut.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

what cards have that price protrction thing??
    mod edit, old signature removed

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Amex.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Stealth1029's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow... I was so pissed, I was about to nuke apple headquarters, but Steve saved it.

P.S. This made AOL news yesterday.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how to get offering 100 store credit to all iphone owners. I dont have store credit, what do i do now, show me plz... Thanks

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Read the post. Geez.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1029 View Post
    Wow... I was so pissed, I was about to nuke apple headquarters, but Steve saved it.

P.S. This made AOL news yesterday.
    Sorry, but I'm still pissed. (And anyone calling *us* whiners will get choked if I can reach them) But to drop the price by $200 (Oh Apple NEVER does that) a month after and then give a rebates ONLY to people who bought it 14 days ago sux hard, even if I did have a use for an Apple store credit.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorFox View Post
    Sorry, but I'm still pissed. (And anyone calling *us* whiners will get choked if I can reach them) But to drop the price by $200 (Oh Apple NEVER does that) a month after and then give a rebates ONLY to people who bought it 14 days ago sux hard, even if I did have a use for an Apple store credit.
    I agree, more like anyone who isn't upset is a sucker, and must have spare cash lying around to suck up 200 bucks so easily.

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

The key thing for me was thinking back to when i bought it...i was ready and willing to pay $200. I'm not going to walk out on the street and just give that money away, but when i did buy it...that's what i was willing to pay. This extra $100 makes it that much nicer - now i have an iphone with some premium headphones (or whatever) for the very same $600...not bad IMHO.
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Green Apple
    Thanks

Exactly. When I first saw this in the news paper I think I was more pissed that I was getting a $100 credit than nothing at all. I mean WTF am I going to buy at an Apple store, which BTW does not exist in Louisiana. I have 3 cases, upgraded headphones and more than enough chargers...

This is the first and only Apple product that I own/bought and I got immediately screwed after buying it. What a wonderful first time purchasing experience that will make it more than likely my last.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Well you can always use the gift certificate online.

Dropping prices like this is common practice with cell phones and any "high-end" CE devices. Giving ANY money back just to be a "cool" company to their customers is NOT common practice at all.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Well you can always use the gift certificate online.

Yes, but for what? Unless I can buy 14 bags of red volcanic rock, a stainless steel trimmed microwave or a new InSINKerator from the Apple store, they don't have anything I'm shopping for.

Dropping prices like this is common practice with cell phones and any "high-end" CE devices. Giving ANY money back just to be a "cool" company to their customers is NOT common practice at all.

Sure, but not a month after it goes on sale and not by $200. And it's a rare action in Apple's past. I agree that giving anything back was totally uncommon, but still I feel cheap and used....
    Last edited by WindsorFox; 09-08-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

so i bought mine with my amex what do u suggest i do ???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radigroove View Post
    I plan on contacting my credit card to see if they will honor it or at least $100 to go with the store credit. That is, if I don't make Apple give me a full refund because they broke my sync capabilities in the last iTunes update.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radigroove View Post
    Call em. Tell em you bought something which is now $200 less and you would like to use your consumer electronic price protection deal to get the difference.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lifesmymachine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antiflash View Post
    The key thing for me was thinking back to when i bought it...i was ready and willing to pay $200. I'm not going to walk out on the street and just give that money away, but when i did buy it...that's what i was willing to pay. This extra $100 makes it that much nicer - now i have an iphone with some premium headphones (or whatever) for the very same $600...not bad IMHO.
    Well said..

We were all willing to pay "that much for a cellphone," otherwise we wouldn't have done it

Apple is simply making the product available to a larger market, and in perfect time for the holidays

Like others, I was bummed about the price drop, but the $100 dollar store credit is unneccessary (and very few other companies would do such a thing) and I am more than happy with it

The reason apple can lower the price is because they sold enough units to pay for at least some of the research and developement

Quote Originally Posted by WindsorFox View Post
    Exactly. When I first saw this in the news paper I think I was more pissed that I was getting a $100 credit than nothing at all. I mean WTF am I going to buy at an Apple store, which BTW does not exist in Louisiana. I have 3 cases, upgraded headphones and more than enough chargers...

This is the first and only Apple product that I own/bought and I got immediately screwed after buying it. What a wonderful first time purchasing experience that will make it more than likely my last.
    Buy an itunes gift certificate and then some music to fill up your phone... Or save it for the next iPhone model, or buy a mac, or a gift for someone (new nano anyone..)

You did not get screwed.

Do you like your phone? Do you like the way it works/ looks/ etc. Then why would a pricing issue make you NEVER buy an apple product again. Prices change. It's the nature of the technology beast. You can't be mad at a company for doing their best to lower prices for the consumer, and then after doing that taking an almost 100 million dollar hit by reufunding early purchasers with gift cards. I'd like to see Dell or Microsoft or Nokia or Sony or any other electronics company do that.

Give apple a chance, the more iPhones they sell, the better our experience will be.
    Last edited by lifesmymachine; 09-08-2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time you fall."

iPhone? More like MyPhone antiflash's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dyeguy View Post
    so hes offering 100 store credit to all iphone owners? that bought from att or apple? could somone clerify this
    more than likely, it will be at the apple store for everyone...it was their mistake, not ATT. no one has any details other than the open letter....wait until next week for more info...
    Black 16GB 3G iPhone w/bestskinever
    Q6600, 3GB RAM, Vista Ultimate Desktop Box
    2 Hands, 10 Fingers, etc
    Temporary Eee PC Portable

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lifesmymachine View Post
    Buy an itunes gift certificate and then some music to fill up your phone... Or save it for the next iPhone model, or buy a mac, or a gift for someone (new nano anyone..)
    I have about 6 computers around here. I build my own gaming machines, there is nothing on Apples eStore that I need or want, I looked carefully last night.
    You did not get screwed.
    The way *I* look at it, all the early adopters did.

Do you like your phone? Do you like the way it works/ looks/ etc. Then why would a pricing issue make you NEVER buy an apple product again. Prices change. It's the nature of the technology beast. You can't be mad at a company for doing their best to lower prices for the consumer, and then after doing that taking an almost 100 million dollar hit by reufunding early purchasers with gift cards. I'd like to see Dell or Microsoft or Nokia or Sony or any other electronics company do that.

Give apple a chance, the more iPhones they sell, the better our experience will be.
    I am *NOT* an Apple person and when I finally break down and hop on the boat They steal a 200 dollar bill from me. As I said I know technology drops in price, I'm a frigging poster child for that because of the cutting edge gaming machines I build especially on video cards. But even a video card, the biggest ripoff in the computer world won't drop $200 after one month. As for liking how it works, don't even get me started on the things I think need to be fixed. There are a LOT of updates that need to be done that would not be as harsh at $400.

Apple dropped the price because they had to, because it tanked and they sold a fraction of what they needed to and what they expected to. Apple has a habit of doing niggling little things that piss some people of really good. Lisa for instance...

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Different strokes...