+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Open Letter from Steve Jobs to all iPhone users

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ~mike~ So even if i got my Iphone on ebay i would still get the 100.00 credit....I might go for a new ipod... It said at an
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ~mike~ View Post
    So even if i got my Iphone on ebay i would still get the 100.00 credit....I might go for a new ipod...
    It said at an apple store or in an att store... So my guess is whoever originally bought the phone will get the credit!! Just my thoughts

Thanks

I'm waiting in the apple store atm.. I asked to speak to a manager and was middlemanned by an employee who told me he was busy. I told him the gist of it and tomers receipt I printed out. He came back and did exactly what I expected: started to show me the Steve-letter.. I told him instantly I was aware of this and would like to speak to the manager personally. I talked to him and told him exactly what tomers had done. He repeated it back to me.. And said he'd be able to do it. Very calmly as if he didn't understand what I was trying to accomplish. I made sure he caught my drift.. He just said id have to do it through the genius bar so i made an appt for friday. I really really hope thos does in fact work out! Ive restored my phone and hope it wasnt in vain. Ive got my fingers crossed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jujubeanser View Post
    I'm waiting in the apple store atm.. I asked to speak to a manager and was middlemanned by an employee who told me he was busy. I told him the gist of it and tomers receipt I printed out. He came back and did exactly what I expected: started to show me the Steve-letter.. I told him instantly I was aware of this and would like to speak to the manager personally. I talked to him and told him exactly what tomers had done. He repeated it back to me.. And said he'd be able to do it. Very calmly as if he didn't understand what I was trying to accomplish. I made sure he caught my drift.. He just said id have to do it through the genius bar so i made an appt for friday. I really really hope thos does in fact work out! Ive restored my phone and hope it wasnt in vain. Ive got my fingers crossed
    tomers receipt??? what???

Thanks

Check out his "i exchanged my 4 for an8" thread

Thanks

ok thanks for the info

Thanks

what people fail to realize what he did although was nice he didnt have to do anything. But is still crap..

He didnt do it cause he wanted to. He did it to save his behind. The front page of both fox news and the wall street journal was angry iphone users, all over the forums on the web was angry iphone users.

Not a peep of the new ipod.. So he gives you a $100 credit which again I am thankful. But in reality it will only generate him more money since most will spend more than $100 in the store and his markup and cost is significantly lower hes probably giving us $25. Then there is tax and shipping if you pay online and I can tell you all 3x ive ordered online I payed more shipping than what it costed. So hes making money there to.

He did this for one reason and one reason only to stop this and get back to the hyping at hand the iPods.

Not cause he wanted to.. Cause he needed to.

my 2 cents.

I am a owner of a 4gb iPhone and im thankful for the $100 but I still got hosed.. 18 days and my phone is discontinued. $100 is a bandaid to the anger I feel. Not a fix.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post
    what people fail to realize what he did although was nice he didnt have to do anything. But is still crap..

He didnt do it cause he wanted to. He did it to save his behind. The front page of both fox news and the wall street journal was angry iphone users, all over the forums on the web was angry iphone users.

Not a peep of the new ipod.. So he gives you a $100 credit which again I am thankful. But in reality it will only generate him more money since most will spend more than $100 in the store and his markup and cost is significantly lower hes probably giving us $25. Then there is tax and shipping if you pay online and I can tell you all 3x ive ordered online I payed more shipping than what it costed. So hes making money there to.

He did this for one reason and one reason only to stop this and get back to the hyping at hand the iPods.

my 2 cents.

I am a owner of a 4gb iPhone and im thankful for the $100 but I still got hosed.. 18 days and my phone is discontinued. $100 is a bandaid to the anger I feel. Not a fix.
    Perfectly put, i feel the same way.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ibanezcollector View Post

my 2 cents.

yea ur right...
    mod edit, old signature removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm just happy to get something out of the deal

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is fantastic news and was completely unexpected. I was ready to just accept the fact that I got screwed and move on. This is so awesome and so appreciated! You tha man Steve!

Thanks

I cant believe people will go as far as saying your the man..

He had no choice but to do this to stop the huge backlash it would have on his upcoming business.. Not that he gives to craps about any of the previous buyers.

When you release some of the most technical MP3 players known to mankind and all people talk about is getting screwed.. You got to do something. And for some a $100 shuts ya up..

But for me ill take it but its not going to shut me up. I bought a phone that 18 days after purchase doesnt exist anymore. The $100 is almost another slap in the face, thinking that us 4Gb people are going to be content with that.

Steve does not rock anymore. Steve does not care about his users, he cares about one thing and one thing only and thats sales figures.

Most will shut up with a simple $100 but for the ones that really got shafted the 4Gb owners this is leaving a everlasting impression.

And this is coming from a diehard apple fanboy. My attitude towards the company has changed. and its going to take more than $100 to win my respect back.

I dont appreciate being taken, and I dont appreciate the mild attempt to shut my opinion up on how this was handled. My respect is worth more than a $100

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a rip off. That dramatic of a price cut and $100 credit is not enough. I want $$$ back. I ventured out on the limb on a new product. I have told friends about the IPhone. I now look like an idiot for purchasing the new IPhone, a new Apple product. I now feel embarrassed that I purchased an IPhone from Apple. My tune now is "the buck stops there...." My charge for that is $200!!!!

Thanks

uccess! After patiently waiting and being ignored.. I finally had a chat with the manager. He told me he wasn't suppoed to do it, but that he'd do it for me. I asked if Id be able to get my fathered exchanged as well and he just gave me a schpeal about how he wasn't even supposed to do one and that he definitely wouldn't be able to do two (I bought them both (both4gigs) on the first day of its release). But hey, I'm satisfied!! Good thing I didn't restore for nothing! And plus I forge to upload all my pictures which also really sucks. But I'll have a brand new 8gig iPhone tomorrow! That's consolation enough for me

I'd reccomend everyone with a 4gig to at least attempt this! Bring in a print out of t's receipt from his thread, your receipt, and box. Be nice and passive agressive . I also said it was a buddy of mine who got this done and not just some random dude from an iPhone modding forum heh. But yeah. Ask to talk to the manager! Don't take any middlemanning b/s. Say you're aware of the Steve letter, and its not what you're looking for. And most of all: DO IT TOMORROW. I highly doubt anyone will be able to do this next week.

Good luck everyone!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As always, some people will never be happy, I'm just glad he decided to do anything at all, after all, like others have said, he didn't have to do anything at all, such is life.

Thanks

but what some people dont understand..

IS HE HAD TO DO SOMETHING.. When negative press out does postive something has to be done..

He released a slew of some of the coolest mp3 players to hit the market and not a peep of talk about them..

What was talked about was what he did to the iPhone buyers.

So he had to do something to take the heat off of Apple, and get back to hyping the iPhones/iPods which is now what is going on.

He didnt do this cause he felt bad, he didnt lose one minute of sleep over it, He did it to stop the negative reactions before it hurt future sales.

Hes not stupid. He made a huge misjudgment in the sake of greed and to make more sales. He knew what was going to happen but not to what extent. When it got out of control he thru the dogs a bone.. Some took it thinking there getting something for nothing.

It comes down to this for me I can say it enough..

I bought a phone that is 18 days old and already discontinued. $100 isnt going to take the sting out of that. PERIOD.

Thanks

^^^well hey man you might as well go in and try to evoke some sympathy! There's a good chance they'll hook you up seeing as you were FOUR days too early

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Doesn't Apple offer a 30 day return policy?

ibanezcollector, your only posts pertain to how you got screwed over, I'm starting to feel like you've got an ulterior motive.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    their return policy is 14 days. what if you're not the original owner of the phone? but i do have the original receipt and stuff. can i still get money back?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DriveThruRecFan View Post
    their return policy is 14 days. what if you're not the original owner of the phone? but i do have the original receipt and stuff. can i still get money back?
    well if you don't have a choice. it's worth a shot. just do it tomorrow!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Early adopters
    Come on folks. Stop whining! That's the price of admission to an new revolutionary product. I'm happy to give Apple a few bucks to cement the iPhone. It is already changing (for the good) those monopolistic cell phone bandits. And since I live in Canada I can't even use the phone feature YET because of the Rogers bandit! Anyway Steve will do the right thing (actually he has! with a $100 credit which will go towards an Nano for me to round out my 3rd gen and 5th gen (30gb) ipod collection.)

Now for the unlock!!!

Terry