Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.2 JAILBROKEN

Bingo
    None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

hey guys ive been reading all the pages here
    just a few questions and ill start restoring.

i have first gen 2.1 iphone with tmobile and windows

when i upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1 all i did was download a custom firmware and did the shift restore on itunes. i didn't use quickpwn at all

is the link for 2.2 firmware provided on the first page a custom firmware and can i just do that can process?

and i have itunes 8.0 right now.. do i have to upgrade itunes for 2.2?

i ask that because people on here have been mentioning the quickpwn and i didnt use it at all last time i went from 2.0 to 2.1

thats all
    thanks!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Here's a list of known issues I found from another site (that i'm not going to discuss)....if anybody runs into this:

Apple released iPhone firmware 2.2 last night which includes many improvements and also a lot of bug fixes.
    However, some users who have updated their Iphoneswith the latest iPhone firmware are reporting problems running some iPhone apps, internet connection issues etc.

Problems with iPhone apps:
    Users are reporting issue with some third-party iPhone apps due to API changes and other modifications in iPhone firmware 2.2. To fix this issue, iPhone Developers will need to update their iPhone apps. It appears applications using CoreAudio are affected.
    In some cases where there is no API change, uninstalling and reinstalling the iPhone app could solve the problem.

"Could not connect to internet" error:
    Some iPhone users are reporting that they are getting the "Could not connect to Internet" error after upgrading to iPhone firmware 2.2.
    One of the workarounds to fix this problem is to switch from 3G to EDGE.

App Store extremely slow:
    Some iPhone users are reporting issues with the App Store, complaining that it is very slow. However this does not seem to be an issue due to the firmware update but a server side issue due to high load which Apple should fix shortly.

"SIM card not inserted" error:
    Some users are receiving an error message indicating that the SIM card is not inserted, or that a PIN lock is in place when none should exist.
    You can sometimes get resolved by removing the iPhone’s SIM card, then connecting it to your computer and restoring. iTunes may then reload the iPhone Software successfully, after which you can re-insert the SIM card and attempt sync with iTunes.

Kilometers instead of miles in Google Maps
    It appears that Google Maps for the iPhone now displays kilometers instead of miles for various countries after upgrading to iPhone firmware 2.2. You can temporarily resolve the issue by selecting ‘USA’ in International settings, though this might result in other problems for iPhone users outside the U.S.

Update:
    As per this Apple forums discussion thread, a number of GMail users are reporting problems sending mail from the iPhone via GMail’s SMTP servers, with a “Sender Not Allowed” response. This is not a problem specific to iPhone firmware 2.2, as iPhone users who have not upgraded to the latest firmware are also observing this problem. The problem seems to be on GMail’s end rather than a problem with the iPhone or iPhone firmware 2.2. The workaround for this issue is to turn off Gmail as your SMTP server (until the issue is not resolved) and configure an alternate outbound SMTP server in your iPhone’s Mail settings.
    Are you facing any other problem after upgrading to iPhone firmware 2.2? Tell us in the comments.
    Are you facing any of these problems mentioned? Let us know if the workarounds helped or if you have figured out some other way to fix the issue.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Yes, they do if you know what your doing.

AND DONT ASK HOW.
    Thank you.
    I know how as I've been doing it since they first came out.

Does street view and podcast work on the 2g iphone? Someone else said they didnt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Thank you.
    I know how as I've been doing it since they first came out.

Does street view and podcast work on the 2g iphone? Someone else said they didnt.
    Dunno, working on putting my 3g back together since updating to 2.2....all my theme stuff..etc, etc....

Havnt gotten to working on any of my 2g's yet.

okay, so in quick easy english....using iphone 3g and windows (not worried about unlocking)

1) d/l the 2.2 fw

2) let itunes update to 2.2

3) load quickpwn with the d/led fw

4) use quickpwn

5) done

correct?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tw1zt3d For This Useful Post:

anarchydude (11-23-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok i installed it only problem i can notice is some of my downloaded offical apps arent getting installed in the iphone
    also streetview works for me im on a 2g iphone

EDITs I forgot to install the patch for the apps everything is going good now
    Last edited by nextgenius; 11-22-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks
    2.2 updated and syncing all my apps back now. No problems at all with Quickpwn for windows, just follow the instructions, can't be easier.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a macintosh but its not set up at all with my phone.. its all on ym windows box

can I use the mac JUST to jailbreak it, then return to the windows box to load everything back on?

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoSox View Post
    For some reason my Pwnage fails to build the firmware every time. Anyone else having this problem?
    I'm having the same problem. I'm going to try & download the firmware from itunes itself & upgrade and then do the jailbreak. It'll take longer but hopefully it'll work. I'll post what I find out ... still waiting on the Download from iTunes.

Has anyone posted a custom firmware for 3G iphones? Pref only cydia with no logos please

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lookatthemonkeys View Post
    Has anyone posted a custom firmware for 3G iphones? Pref only cydia with no logos please
    Just use quickpwn....its pretty easy.....easier than trying to load a custom FW.

just a warning, make sure if you have categorize installed you remove all apps from the lists... they get stuck hidden

Can any1 who did ut with a generation 1 on a pc help me???

quickpwn isnt working for me .. it wont let me continue because its is telling me the firmware 2.2 ive selected isnt the same as my 2.1

do i have to upgrade before i use quickpwn? i have an unlocked/jailbroken 1st gen

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaitlyn2004 View Post
    I have a macintosh but its not set up at all with my phone.. its all on ym windows box

can I use the mac JUST to jailbreak it, then return to the windows box to load everything back on?
    yes

quickpwn isnt working for me .. it wont let me continue because its is telling me the firmware 2.2 ive selected isnt the same as my 2.1

do i have to upgrade before i use quickpwn? i have an unlocked/jailbroken 1st gen

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    WTF? For all the previous firmwares the question is already asked and answered before I read about it.

This is the iphone forum and this is an iphone question. It's not a torrent question which is where I get my apps from.

--LOL! Seriously....Just think about it or read the rules

It's also an easy question that someone would've tried aleady.
    If they dont work I wont upgrade. Easy as that.

--Ask at the right places... Here is not the right place

Oh, do the new features work with the 2G iPhone? Someone else said the street view didnt work and neither did podcast. So why do we need to upgrade?
    --StreetView works fine for me on wifi, havent tried Edge or Podcaster as of yet.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mdinh26 View Post

yes

YEAAAA, i got it (on my first try btw, i feel i should boast cuz im a n00b) but anywhooooo, its looks great, feels great. and goin full throttle on my 3G, thanks to all devs and mods here and everywhere else!!!!

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast