+ Reply
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.2 JAILBROKEN

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
ok so here's the problem....i was jailbreaking my phone and accidently used the original restore file intead of the custom_restore. by the time I realized and unplugged it, the damage
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok so here's the problem....i was jailbreaking my phone and accidently used the original restore file intead of the custom_restore. by the time I realized and unplugged it, the damage was done. the baseband has been updated and the phone does not work, leaving me with the iPhone Touch.

Since a software unlock is not available, i was going thru one of these sites advertising even here on modmyi about unlocking all version including 2.2 guaranteed with all sims.

Has anyone tried these, do they work?

Moderators: your input would help since they're advertising here. Something about their credibility??

Thanks in advance. Help needed please...fast.... :-(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KeenanG View Post
    Hey guys,

I am on 2.0 right now and would like to update, but keep my jailbreak/unlock.

If I do this update, will it delete my apps, music, contacts, themes, or anything? Or will everything still be on the phone when it is done ?

Thanks!

YES IT WILL DELETE EVERYTHING!
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by ashizit View Post
    Hi, I also downloaded the Quickpwn Dev-Team Blog - Search results for: quickpwn 2.2 for windows and it seemed simple enough however it keeps asking for booloader 3.9 and 4.6 I searched and googled it but it just gives me more articles of people looking for it. Then when I finally did find it the application was for a mac app. and not a window app. I have both a mac and a pc. When i tried to unlock it with the mac everything work except my sim it remains locked if anyone has any ideas please let me know.
    the files you need are on this page, along with instructions
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your 2.x.x 2G iPhone Using QuickPwn (Windows)
    Last edited by ERNIE009007; 12-15-2008 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default 1000mb partition
    is there any point to hunting down a custom firmware 2.2 with the 1000mb partition? if so, where can I find one that works? I'm not have much luck...

thanks a whole bunch!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Help Please,
    I have a 16g 3g phone
    I used the custom IPSW to upgrade to 2.2 through itunes and am using a turbo sim to unlock to t-moble. With 2.1 everything worked fine. Now when I try to boot up the phone it searches then I get 1 bar without a carrier logo, next it all loads I can make 1 phone call then I get no service and I have to start the process all over again. Any ideas where Im going wrong?
    Last edited by tonywolter1; 12-16-2008 at 06:43 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is ipod touch 2nd generation jailbreak yet? if so...
    how do i jailbreak it
    " my version is 2.2(5G77a)

please help me jailbreak it if u know how

thanks you very much

Nic
    Thanks

Unhappy 3G vs Edge Problems
    Seems to be working pretty well, after a couple few reboots, it's just about perfect..
    Last edited by Nic; 12-18-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks

Hey sorry for the noobness question but i really want to jailbreak my 3G 2.2 iPhone...

Can my Music, Apps, and contacts all be reloaded after the jailbreak....doing it manually would make jailbreaking my iPhone hell!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

just sync with iTunes before and after you jailbreak. All Music ,Appstore Apps, and contacts will sync back on your phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    just sync with iTunes before and after you jailbreak. All Music ,Appstore Apps, and contacts will sync back on your phone
    Thanks,
    Just wanted to make sure....i havent really done any hacking in a while since i had my original iPhone stolen a few months back...getting bored and ready to jailbreak again...wish me luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 1,171 Posts

Good luck buddy, But you wont need it. The dev team did such a great job with this one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help
    So which download is ONLY for custom software and will not shut down my phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coldbloodedxXx View Post
    So which download is ONLY for custom software and will not shut down my phone?
    Here's a link, if this applies to your carrier situation:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

- 3G
    - Jailbroken
    - Cydia only
    - No custom bootlogos (still Apple logo)
    - Standard 500MB root partition
    - No partition wipe-out
    - No Baseband update (still 01.45.00)
    - Unactivated (for official carriers only)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay, so my first 3G got screwed during sync by iTunes, which gave me the last nudge I needed to JB. My replacement 3G got screwed too during app update (far too many...)
    Used the opportunity, and 3rd iPhone, to upgrade to 2.2... It went even faster and smoother than 2.1.
    I used quickpwn on XP.
    No bugs, no sync issue.

Green Apple
    Thanks

i was on 2g iphone 2.1 pwned and i just updated with itunes and it worked!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Dont trust any network v3 does not work it is a scam!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by spinlala View Post
    NEW:iPhone 3g 2.2 firmware unlock - V3 - Any Network - iPhone 3g unlocking

Did anybody tried this. they are claiming that there sim will work on 2.2
    I sympathise for all the victims of Any-network as I am one. They are a bunch of scammers avoid them like plague unless you wish to loose your money. After 14 days the v3 arrived but it did not work I tried all the various manoeuvres but nothing worked. Tried to contact support on several occasions but did not get through only got voice mails. Sent several email did not get a single reply. They are cheats and scammers. I tried to make a claim with paypal and had the standard reply that they are unable to make claims for “quality of the goods”. They only act if the goods are not delivered. Dont pay using paypal you are better protected if you have paid using credit card. Call the credit card company and reverse the charges. If you are in UK under the distance selling act you are entitled to a full refund if the product is defective. We all need to file complaint with the trading standards office and teach these scammers a lesson. They have closed the blog and now taken out the contact telephone number from their website. Please spread the word around and post any other websites or forum details where we can put our comments. I have ordered a rebel sim and I will keep you posted on this.

also see this link
    http://www.any-network.com/ scam | Internet Marketing - SEO- SEM - Technology, Google

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broomhead View Post
    Good luck buddy, But you wont need it. The dev team did such a great job with this one.

You were right the jailbreak was just as easy as before....but now i have a question...

Well after researching some more i have editted my post since i answered most of my own questions and got vwallpaper working....last question:

Anyone have a source that i could use to get more vwallpaper files from??

Thanks
    Last edited by Fsu1dolfan; 12-22-2008 at 07:44 AM. Reason: found most of what i am looking for!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pgabound10 View Post
    Hey everyone - Ive downloaded everything I need to, however when I press 'build' in the Pwnage tool I get an error message that says "No Bootloader v3.9 found! Would you like to search teh web for this file?" I have and downloaded the file several times - I still get the same error message.

Any thoughts?
    Same - any help would be much appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am having a problem with building the Custom 2.2 Firware. After the build ask for the password it fails. Any suggestions?
    2g using pwnage 2.2

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

The DevTeam has released Pwnage Tool and QuickPwn 2.2 (Windows folks only have QuickPwn).

We are uploading mirrors now, and will get you links ASAP. I'll have a full guide on upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2 here in the next hour.

edit: 3G Jailbreak Guide is here
    1st gen Jailbreak Guide is here

A few cautions:

DO NOT USE QUICKPWN if you want to have a potential software unlock on your 3G iPhone anytime soon. QuickPwn will update your baseband to the new one included in the 2.2 update. This == bad. Use PwnageTool to create a custom 2.2 firmware. OS X guide will be up soon.

ONLY UPDATE TO 2.2 WITH PWNAGE TOOL AND A CUSTOM IPSW if you want a 3G unlock. If you update with the official .ipsw or the regular "update your firmware" that pops up in iTunes, or you use QuickPwn - your baseband just got updated, which means NO software unlock anytime soon.

DO NOT USE QUICKPWN and ONLY UPDATE TO 2.2 WITH PWNAGE TOOL AND A CUSTOM IPSW if you want to be able to unlock your 3G soon. Just saying it again so you can't say we didn't tell you.

Guide soon...

--|| LINKS ||--

Member Mirrors:

PwnageTool 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | Windows

iPhone 3G 2.2 Firmware
    iPhone 2.2 Firmware

Non-Member Mirrors:

PwnageTool 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | OS X
    QuickPwn 2.2 | Windows
    thank you for the info!
    I may need your help however. I have the 2nd gen IPHONE, I have updated the software through ITUNES. I have ATT service and ITUNES 8.0. I think that I have the 2.2 software, can I still jailbreak the phone?
    Thanks the New guy!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I did the quickpwn for my Iphone 2G put in the bootloaders so it could be unlocked ( I have att) but want to put my sons sim in there so he can use it however after going thru process it says successful but when i put my sons sim in there it still wants me to go thru the activation. What do I need to do? Thanks