+ Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.2 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ZIGE i wish!! it's stuck on the activation screen and slide to make an emergency call thingy! i hate myself. does slamming it with a hammer fix
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZIGE View Post
    i wish!! it's stuck on the activation screen and slide to make an emergency call thingy!

i hate myself. does slamming it with a hammer fix it?
    I've heard that ABC is starting to film a new series like "Desperate Housewives" called "Desperate iPhone Upgraders"

U can join the cast.
    You may make enough $$$ to buy a new iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

this forum is priceless in many ways. idiots who never listen despite previous warnings weeks in advance, and mods who put up with the obvious stupidity.
    i'd like to ask for advice but i dont need it.
    READ PLEASE. i assume most are north american wankers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzios View Post
    I've heard that ABC is starting to film a new series like "Desperate Housewives" called "Desperate iPhone Upgraders"

U can join the cast.
    You may make enough $$$ to buy a new iPhone
    And he'd mess that one up too, and we'd STILL be having this conversation, laughing at him.
    The Best There Is...
    The Best There Was....
    And The Best There Ever Will Be.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone matt.superman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by penguin_tri View Post
    Is anyone having problems with the update button on the appstore on the iphone after the upgrade it now just sits there loading and then says it cant connect when checking for updates?

Yeah im having the exact same problem. I have had since i upgraded. it will say apps up to date then i get a cannot connect to appstore. while itunes says i have an update.

Also overall iphone seems so much more smoother, really responsive. I like it. now i have to wait on Jailbreaking status but i should be kept entertained till then.
    You must submit to testing before I can assist you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

cant wait for the unlock version.
    iPINOYP

Green Apple
    Thanks

jesus christ.. again with the smartass comments, desperate iphone upgraders? seriously? lol wtever

again to all you holy ppl who were smart enought not to upgrade, i live in lebanon and i'm not exposed to iphone news like you are and i know nothing about basebands or any of that stuff, i didn't see the warnings and decide to ignore, i simply didn't see anything and therefore assumed nothing was wrong with the upgrade..

again man.. desperate iphone upgraders? jeez...

iPhone? More like MyPhone frail1's Avatar
    Thanks

the thing with the email attachments is from the LAST release notes. it's not the ability to send multiple attachments, it gave us the ability to view more types of attachments.

iPhone? More like MyPhone abujala's Avatar
    Thanks

so i just upgraded to 2.2
    unlock if fine
    street view is very very cool !!

good luck all
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Firmware 2.2 Released-img_0001.png  
    2.1 T-mobile
    MAC OSX

iPhone? More like MyPhone matt.superman's Avatar
    Thanks

Also does this support apple push notifications?????
    You must submit to testing before I can assist you.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZIGE View Post
    jesus christ.. again with the smartass comments, desperate iphone upgraders? seriously? lol wtever

again to all you holy ppl who were smart enought not to upgrade, i live in lebanon and i'm not exposed to iphone news like you are and i know nothing about basebands or any of that stuff, i didn't see the warnings and decide to ignore, i simply didn't see anything and therefore assumed nothing was wrong with the upgrade..

again man.. desperate iphone upgraders? jeez...
    You aren't exposed to iphone news like we are? Do you think we are getting it off of NewsChannel 5?
    "And now to our on the scene reporter, Billy Jones, reporting live from the Applestore with a report to not upgrade to 2.2 if you are using a Jailbroken phone, or phone with a turbosim card..."

Edit Poseidon: OMG that's definitely the line of the day! Priceless!

We are getting that info off of this site, and all of the other iPhone/iPod/devteam sites on the interwebs... (Which you have access to, and have to have seen, because you are posting here...)

Shut down your computer, go outside and play for the rest of the day. Check your computer tomorrow, and there might be some new news about going back to 2.1, or JBing 2.2.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 11-22-2008 at 11:37 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dboone21 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (11-22-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bretthartt View Post
    And he'd mess that one up too, and we'd STILL be having this conversation, laughing at him.

COLD.... SO COLD.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Every time a new update comes out, several people jump the gun, so that's starting to get old. But this is the one that got me ROTFLMAO.

Quote Originally Posted by name00 View Post
    Awesome!!!! cant wait to update it
    what a goog morning!!! this early morning i get up, grab my iphone, and see what happens -> 2.2 is out
    It's snowing out as well, hopefully shool will be canceled and dont give students the ****. it's now 7:16 west chester PA 19380

Trust me dude, you need the school. Staying awake during spelling class might help too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

OH NO I UPGRADED AND MY PHONE NOW RUNNS WM6.1 !!! ANYBODY GOT AN OLD TOUCH ROM OR SOMETHING I CAN BOROW?

J/K
    i did upgrade and the phone moves way fast...apps load quick safari ipod phone even notes load fast enough to were i havent forgot what the hell i was taking notes about...street view is cool check out the jvc sign(right next to the big jvc globe) in times square and tell me that someone at google didnt sneek that pic in ther cuz if i was there and one of my kids saw what looks like it might be a nipple they'd have som splainin to do

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dboone21 View Post
    You aren't exposed to iphone news like we are? Do you think we are getting it off of NewsChannel 5?
    "And now to our on the scene reporter, Billy Jones, reporting live from the Applestore with a report to not upgrade to 2.2 if you are using a Jailbroken phone, or phone with a turbosim card..."

We are getting that info off of this site, and all of the other iPhone/iPod/devteam sites on the interwebs... (Which you have access to, and have to have seen, because you are posting here...)

Shut down your computer, go outside and play for the rest of the day. Check your computer tomorrow, and there might be some new news about going back to 2.1, or JBing 2.2.
    nobody said u were getting ur info off of channel 5, but obviously ppl in the US and elsewhere where the iphone is officially released have more info about the product and how it functions more than we do, i'm not saying i'm not at fault for upgrading without doing the proper research.. however it happened and there's not much i can do about it but as for the help of the experts around here, who've been great btw..

Green Apple
    Thanks

one of the things i saw on a site was that line out was supposed to be possible..anyone know if this did happen?

Thanks

so can anyone make it clear. if u have a unlocked jailbroken 2.1 2g and u simply click update i obviously know that it will remain unlocked but will it keep the phone activated?? or by the way the sim should probably be out of the phone right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Every time a new update comes out, several people jump the gun, so that's starting to get old. But this is the one that got me ROTFLMAO.

Trust me dude, you need the school. Staying awake during spelling class might help too.
    Edit Poseidon: Not appropriate! Infraction given
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 11-22-2008 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks

o yeah did anyone check if the mobile installation file gets edited back in the update? cuz i can care less about jailbreaking anymore its getting old and cracked apps is the new thing now

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

no i agree with the other guys, just b/c we are in the US and they sell legal iphones here doesn't stop the information on THIS SITE from being exposed to you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MOEPLO View Post
    so can anyone make it clear. if u have a unlocked jailbroken 2.1 2g and u simply click update i obviously know that it will remain unlocked but will it keep the phone activated?? or by the way the sim should probably be out of the phone right?
    In theory if u have a 2G jailbroken, activated and unlocked with 2.1 and UPGRADE to 2.2 your iPhone should remain unlocked and activated but not jailbroken since the new firmware does not change the baseband on 2G iPhones.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast