Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firmware 2.2 Released

can someone tell me if it's necessary to activate your iphone after updating?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Not worth updating for me right now. Nothing of interest. Especially since my phone has been running solid for a couple months now. Havent had to do a restore in quite awhile.

Agreed, nothing in the 2.2 FW interests me enough to decide to jailbreak even when it does become available..

i want to play with the new features in the mean time..
    no you dont!, you just want to play with a new "feature" not "features" lol you just want google maps and you kno it!
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    no you dont!, you just want to play with a new "feature" not "features" lol you just want google maps and you kno it!
    Bought the Iphone 3g on Friday jailbroke it on Monday!!!

Black IPhone 3g Jailbroken.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by name00 View Post
    Awesome!!!! cant wait to update it
    what a goog morning!!! this early morning i get up, grab my iphone, and see what happens -> 2.2 is out
    It's snowing out as well, hopefully shool will be canceled and dont give students the ****. it's now 7:16 west chester PA 19380
    Sorry to tell you but I dont think school will be cancelled over this. I'm not far from you, my kids go to Conestoga. So typical of this area for people to act like a dusting is a major weather event.

Then again, if I were still in school, Id be thinking like you. LOL.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

name00 (11-21-2008)

Ive just updated and I feel there is a definite speed ibcrease when browsing the menus. Also the irritating feature where when u got a new sms and it display a new message on the lock screen without saying who from, is fixed so now it displays the sender on the lock screen.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Lol

Quote Originally Posted by zerobrand View Post
    help! i upgraded and now i lost all my jailbreak apps! what can i do??? i tried to downgrade and won't work!!

HELP HELP!!

just kidding xD
    That won't be long until we hear all sorts of complaints. I upgraded, and now's its broken... Ugh, what do I do now?

Step 1) Find a high cliff (you can even use Google Maps for it)
    Step 2) Attempt to be Wiley Coyote, and step off the edge

I promise the fall won't hurt. The sudden stop at the bottom? That'll leave a slight bruise...http://modmyi.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
    Last edited by prestone683; 11-21-2008 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

is there an updated app store?
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Quote Originally Posted by penguin_tri View Post
    Ive just updated and I feel there is a definite speed ibcrease when browsing the menus. Also the irritating feature where when u got a new sms and it display a new message on the lock screen without saying who from, is fixed so now it displays the sender on the lock screen.
    does it prompt you to activate after you update?

cool. finally gps for walkers.. kept bringing me to the highway.

Two little things I am excited about...

1) Ability to return to the first page of the homescreen by pressing the home button again (useful when you have 8 pages of apps!)

2) Drop pins have addresses and you can email the location to someone!

Again...I get easily excited...cant wait for custom firmware.

Default good

So far, 2.2 feels like it is running a lot more stable to me then 2.1 was. The iPod section has a new "feel" to it with, as does safari. Safari feels a little more stable to me right now as well. I'm still upset, however, that I can not edit my finalized playlists from my phone. "on the go" 1-4 (never renamed them because I need to do it from iTunes) can only be alterred at the time of creation. It's a small issue, but problematic to me.

I haven't jaibroken in a while, but as always, don't upgrade if you want to remain hacked/alterred in any way. I imagine that if you update, just like In all prior versions, you will need to activate to use the phones features. If you are not a legit customer, proceed with extreme caution. Otherwise, the ungodly hand of Steve jobs will smite you as if you were the leader of an anti-apple cult seeking to bring them down with Chuck-Norris-like kicks of roundhouse.

That is all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Well I was jailbroken on 2.1, but I only had a few apps I was going to lose, so I did the upgrade. The first thing I noticed is that the upgrade was FAST and EASY. It did not erase music / apps when it updated... the whole process took about 15 minutes. There's no way it re-synced 10 gigs of music and 50 apps in 15 minutes. This is a MAJOR improvement as far as I'm concerned... as it makes the upgrade painless. Overall 2.2 seems to be much more responsive. Menus definitely load faster, and overall the phone is much more responsive. Safari has a new look and seems to load pages faster. The look of the iPod has changed slightly... cover flow MUCH more responsive and smooth. Photos scroll faster and smoother. Camera app opens probably twice as fast (at least for me). Contacts load / scroll faster. Overall I like it very much!

One interesting thing I noticed... I had changed my carrier name with Erica Sudans "Make it mine" app (or whatever it's called...) the update did not change this back. Weird...

There are other things I notice as well... but I have to start doing work before my boss shows up
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ASar08 For This Useful Post:

maggielicious14 (12-04-2008)

Thanks

Here is what Apple has posted as the new fixed in FW 2.2

iPhone 2.2 Software Update

This update contains many bug fixes and improvements, including the following:
    Enhancements to Maps
    - Google Street View
    - public transit and walking directions
    - display address of dropped pins
    - share location via email
    Enhancements to Mail
    - resolved isolated issues with scheduled fetching
    of email
    - improved formatting of wide HTML email
    Improved stability and performance of Safari
    Podcasts are now available for download in iTunes
    application (over Wi-Fi and cellular network)
    Decrease in call set-up failures and call drops
    Improved sound quality of visual voicemail messages
    Pressing the Home button from any Home screen takes
    you to the first Home screen
    Preference to turn on/off auto-correction in Keyboard
    Settings

Products compatible with this software update:
    iPhone
    iPhone 3G

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xGoOcHx For This Useful Post:

aries_green_monkey (11-21-2008), Kawi2004 (11-21-2008), WillyDavidK (11-21-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by AppleChic View Post

...bar now occupying its own space on the title bar
    - Toggle On / Off to disable the auto-correction
    - 461 Japanese emoji icons
    - Support for new languages.
    - Line-in audio is activated and can be used through the headphone jack
    - Google Street View, Google Transit information - Routes public transport, Walking directions, Location sharing.
    - App Store: 'Categories' now shows the icons of the applications instead of the list, In each page of the application has been added by a button 'Tell A Friend' & 'Report A Problem', Added the possibility of scoring the application when the user chooses to delete from the device, Added the possibility for direct downloading.....
    So i guess the two rumored features i was REALLY looking forward to didn't even get released... well the appstore is slightly different but its nothing too special

Thanks

you can downgrade if you decide not to keep 2.2 firmware back to 2.1 I just did using Quickpwn, but you will lose everything you have in the phone mail, apps, music etc
    Firmaware 2.2 is much better in everywhere i can waith for the DevTeam to jailbreake. If you update it will be not jailbreak your phone
    Last edited by jibaro3; 11-21-2008 at 08:43 AM.

Wheres the google street view?

Thanks

so i have t-mobile on a 1 gen iphone and when i do the update il still have my iphone unlocked?

Thanks

As far as I have read...you should still be unlocked but you will not be Jailbroken..meaning no cydia...third party apps....I am on TMO as well

yeah no kidding where is the street view? Do I have to click the home button while holding the phone upside down while in Map View at closest zoom? Or do I just not see the huge button that says street view...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast