+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: duiPhone – New Way to Mod your iPhone & Drink Responsibly

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AppleChic's Avatar
    Thanks

Default duiPhone – New Way to Mod your iPhone & Drink Responsibly

NADA Mobile from Tellart on Vimeo.

Ever been out drinking and unsure if you’re too intoxicated to get in your car and drive yourself home? Well it seems there is a new way to avoid those DUIs and it involves hacking your iPhone and calling a cab. There is a new iPhone hack that can actually let you know if you’re past the legal limit.

duiPhone by Tellart from Tellart on Vimeo.

The hack does involve attaching a mouthpiece to your iPhone and turning it into a make shift breathalyzer. The Breathalyzer computes your blood alcohol level and says that you’re either drunk or good to go. If you’re drunk it gives you a nice and big button to push to call a cab.

The guys over at Tellart said they made this video of the hack with a store bought breathalyzer attached to an iPhone 3G. They also say they successfully did this by experimenting with Tellart’s newest Sketchtool: NADA Mobile.

So I have no idea how easy, hard or even truly possible this hack is to do, but this would be a fun device to pull out at the bar and use on all your drunk friends.

Source: duiPhone - Tellart [Stream]
    AppleChic

Thanks

Cool.

But come on now!
    If your THAT drunk your not sure than you shouldn't be driving.

Its stupid when people use a number to decide if they can drive.
    JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN, DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD.

Plus- who would PAY for this?!?!

Thanks

what if some one was drunk and they barfed in it lol

Thanks

somebody should merge the threads...

but yeah.. thats true, wouldn't wanna be drunk and lose my iphone either!!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Someone has WWWAAAAYYYYY to much time on their hands.

Banned
    Thanks

seriously how bored are people that they need to makeshift a breathalyzer on their iphone.

90% of you iphone owners are under 21 anyway...

why dont they make something useful?

Like for example I want my Iphone to send a signal to my GF's phone and shock sh*t out of her when she starts getting out of line and giving me attitude.

Honestly that would be wayyyy more useful then this...

AND KIDS....if youve been drinking enough to wonder if your drunk then your obviously drunk and dont need a breathalyzer to tell you so.

and yea try fitting ur phone in your pocket now....
    (from their website)

Thanks

If your drinking enough to be drunk.....

I strongly suggest leaving the iphone at home.....trust me....bad things will happen.

Thanks

^^ lol, this is what im saying...

why not make something that alows you to print photos, built onto the iphone...

actually, better yet, make it portable, small, and powered off the iphone sync cord port =]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    If your drinking enough to be drunk.....

I strongly suggest leaving the iphone at home.....trust me....bad things will happen.
    I got my 2G stolen when I was a bit cross faded

I fiesta with my pockets empty from now on.

Thanks

I decided while having a house party and getting smashed.....to get on my sportbike in the garage and do a huge burnout IN THE GARAGE AT 3AM for the 50 or so peeps there and while doing so......my iphone fell out of my pocket, hit the concrete floor and THEN.....I decided it would be funny to slide the back tire I was roasting over it....hit it and the phone SHOT into my concrete wall and well......I was finding pieces of it for a week

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well, there are some one-sided comments on here...

Not to over represent the alcoholics out there, but what happens if your good to drive (as I know many alcholics that drive just fine while they are smashed...thats what alcoholics do...everything just fine while they're drunk. They call them "functioning alcoholics"), but your not sure if the legal limit could cost you a night in jail and excessive fines? I think that having a tool that assures that your not going to spend 10,000 plus dollars in legal fees would be a fairly decent investment for your iphone. (shocking your girlfriend "when she gets out of line" doesnt really sound as useful...that sounds more abusive)

So for those of you that start drinking from the bottle when you wake up; if you dont already have one in your car, you should probably have one on your phone! Woot!
    Viruses
    Intruders
    Spyware
    Trojans and
    Adware

Windows Vista

Thanks

Really? If you've had enough to drink to where you are unsure as to whether you are on the legal side of things or not, you should not be driving. I don't care if you are 'functioning', you shouldn't be 'functioning' on the road in an altered level of consciousness. And BTW, the legal fees and nights in paradise are there for a reason... I'm of age and I know better, so should everyone else. The laws of the land are quite easy to follow.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

the post was posted twice...

anyway haha i thought the title was funny...its as if it used to be impossible to do them together

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Really? If you've had enough to drink to where you are unsure as to whether you are on the legal side of things or not, you should not be driving. I don't care if you are 'functioning', you shouldn't be 'functioning' on the road in an altered level of consciousness. And BTW, the legal fees and nights in paradise are there for a reason... I'm of age and I know better, so should everyone else. The laws of the land are quite easy to follow.
    I have to agree.. if your a functioning drunk and have gotten to that level of alcohol abuse your ***** should be arrested, fined and put into rehab before you hurt someone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Usually when im hammered, i have problems doing basic IPhone functions, let alone firing up Breathalizer app and actually using it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love all these "responsible" people on the boards who feel that everyone should "know" exactly where they are on the inebriated scale. This isn't something you use when you're hanging out at a friend's house pounding shot after shot of Jagermeister. This is more apt to be used when you've gone out to the bar to chat with friends and listen to some live music and have had 3 beers.

Have none of you ever been to a bar that had a breathalyzer tool already set up (usually near the bathrooms)? You drop in a quarter, blow through a straw, and it gives you a green, yellow, or red light based on where you're at. It's not meant to be the be-all-end-all way to determine if you're good to drive. If anything, it's just fun and interesting. If you have your own internal breathalyzer, bully for you. The rest of us humans might enjoy having something that could be beneficial in avoiding a costly mistake.

That being said, the process described by these folks is not ideal. I'm not throwing on some bulky device just to test my breath. Maybe Apple should innovate and create an internal one in their next iPhone revamp that allows you to just blow into the microphone.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    I decided while having a house party and getting smashed.....to get on my sportbike in the garage and do a huge burnout IN THE GARAGE AT 3AM for the 50 or so peeps there and while doing so......my iphone fell out of my pocket, hit the concrete floor and THEN.....I decided it would be funny to slide the back tire I was roasting over it....hit it and the phone SHOT into my concrete wall and well......I was finding pieces of it for a week
    I wanna party with you dude!

no seriously, burnouts on the sportbike in the garage- awesome, at least you weren't out on the street.

If I've helped you, you can help me by clicking on that Thanks button.
    iPhone, the Swiss Army knife of the 21st Century.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ha ha ha!!! Just more proof that the iPhone is going to save the WORLD!

I love it! OMG!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grassmasta View Post
    Well, there are some one-sided comments on here...

Not to over represent the alcoholics out there, but what happens if your good to drive (as I know many alcholics that drive just fine while they are smashed...thats what alcoholics do...everything just fine while they're drunk. They call them "functioning alcoholics")
    Ummm...I am one of those functioning alcoholics (currently sober for almost 2 years) and I have gotten into far too much trouble to talk about on here...so don't say that functioning alcohols "drive just fine," because that is completely false. That is ignorant and I know people who have died because of drunk driving.

If you don't want a DUI, DON'T DRIVE DRUNK

...you don't need an iPhone to decide whether you should drive under the influence or not
    Last edited by jabbawalkee; 11-21-2008 at 12:45 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jabbawalkee For This Useful Post:

CaryDude (11-21-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, A breathalyzer for the iPhone. Can't wait for the iPhone software to be able to identify spammed threads!