+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone MMS Apple Allowed. Could it be True?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
tha reason why apple/at&t as well as other carriers are shying away from MMS is because its Costing them more money to run those MMS servers as more subcribers begin
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

tha reason why apple/at&t as well as other carriers are shying away from MMS is because its Costing them more money to run those MMS servers as more subcribers begin to use MMS over the last 4-5 years. Now its at a point where they will either decide to Upsell their " Media Packages " or just forget it because its not worth it.

Hence Sprint cancelling its MMS service at the beginning of 2009.

Futhermore, most phones that are on the market right now all come with Data Plans/Email. It does suck that you cant send directly to a phone number any more, but it's really not that big of deal to be honest.

Time to let go of this old technology. Look for Text Messaging to be the next to go within about 4-5 years. As more companies/employers begin to utilize it, you will see rates go up. The funny **** about Text Messgaing is tha fact that it is actually emailing all along. People just dont realize it.

Last edited by ChrisfromthaDtothaPHX; 11-28-2008 at 06:06 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

The way i see it is no one phone has it all, but the iPhone has more features than most other phones and are missing a couple of features that others do. The only way to have it all is more than one phone and that is a hassle. I like my iPhone more than the other phones i have had. If you are not happy with the iphone then sell it and buy another phone and quit whining.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I understand that texting iand MMS is a form of email.
    What I don't understand is why this is considered old technology.
    When it comes to text and MMS similar a link is drwan to push to talk. Instant access/connect to another.
    I have experienced serious time delays in receiving emails. I don't recall hang times in receiving text pages or MMS.
    Maybe what the future holds will be a better messaging services.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just dont understand why they dont remove the Text Messaging servers and just combine it with the MMS server.. People would then not be limited to 140 or 160 characters per message (depending on their carriers).

Or simply remove messaging all together and just add E-Mail services between phones, so you can add pictures and text just like you do in emails. That would simplify a lot..

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PMad View Post
    Or simply remove messaging all together and just add E-Mail services between phones, so you can add pictures and text just like you do in emails. That would simplify a lot..
    This is happening already. Slowly, but as smartphones as blackberries and iPhones become the norm access to e-mail will make it easier to keep in touch, hopefully one day completely replacing text/mms.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

once again, e-mail is NOT a replacement for txt/mms and never will be. that's like saying AIM, Yahoo, and MSN are outdated and should go the wayside in favor of e-mail.

txt is IM for cell phones.. long e-mail messages are not something that are easily accessible via phones, smtp is slower than txt, and i sure as hell don't want my e-mail inbox full of one-liner IM messages like 'ok' 'ya' 'lol', all mixed in with my actual email. people who support this, what are you thinking?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I send picture messages all the time. They're called e-mail messages and me and my friends haven't had issues with this. Seriously, this whole "no MMS/picture messages" has been a whining point for over a year now. If you haven't taken the time to adapt to it it's your own damn fault. I think I only had problems with it in the first 2 months. By then the friends in questions learned that if they want to send me anything, they e-mail it to me. Problem solved.
    It's obvious that you don't have any chicks that send you pictures messages because you would then realize how dumb some girls are, like I am gonna sit there and explain to them that they gotta do all this other bull$hit to send me a picture thru email when they are gonna turn around and ask "why the hell do I gotta do all that, I don't have to do all that when I send other people messages". Then I gotta explain that what a POS my iPhone is that it can't even do something as simple as send and receive picture messages.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    My wife sent me a MMS and asked if I got it. How do you explain to someone the "most advanced phone" doesn't have a simple feature. She said whatever and walked away.
    Damn must be an echo in here

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    You know what? You're right.. how foolhardy of me to simply assume that a cellular phone with a camera attached to it might actually be able to send a picture to someone.. or take a video. No phones that are currently on the market have those features. I'm sure only a small minority of people who got the phone were actually expecting to be able to use that camera.

How stupid of me to complain about a fault or missing feature on the phone. I'll remember that and take your advice the next time I see a software bug, or my phone drops calls, or takes 8 years to sync, or has terrible battery life. I should have taken these things into account before buying the phone. Why bother complaining to the company responsible when I can simply accept it? Hell, they would never push an update correcting any of those problems now would they? Apple's not looking to make their product better once it's off the shelf.. what was I thinking? Hell, asking for MMS is as stupid as asking for Exchange support on an Apple product, right? They'll never go for it!

Here's an idea, Einstein - seeing as how MMS is something that could easily be added as an additional feature via a software update, give me one reason why I shouldn't complain about it. In fact, give me a good reason Apple even put a camera on the damn phone. I can't send a picture to someone else.. I can't take video without hacking it even though I have 8gb of space to play with.. why is it there?

While you're at it.. explain to me why this so-called idiot got a thank you on my first post to this forum. Maybe I should be a moderator...

Oh and before you reply back with your miserable "you can send a picture via e-mail" excuse, I'll go ahead and refute that one. I bought the world's most advanced phone. It being so, I should NOT have to send my grandma and every other friend and family member a guide on how to add an e-mail account to their respective phones, should I decide to go sending them a picture all willy nilly. Nor should THEY have to deal with down-arrowing through their hoardes of spam to find whatever the hell it is I send them.

Your arguments are terrible and you know it. If you want to sit by idly and accept the iPhone's faults, then do just it and quit refuting people with valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    once again, e-mail is NOT a replacement for txt/mms and never will be. that's like saying AIM, Yahoo, and MSN are outdated and should go the wayside in favor of e-mail.

txt is IM for cell phones.. long e-mail messages are not something that are easily accessible via phones, smtp is slower than txt, and i sure as hell don't want my e-mail inbox full of one-liner IM messages like 'ok' 'ya' 'lol', all mixed in with my actual email. people who support this, what are you thinking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    It's obvious that you don't have any chicks that send you pictures messages because you would then realize how dumb some girls are, like I am gonna sit there and explain to them that they gotta do all this other bull to send me a picture thru email when they are gonna turn around and ask "why the hell do I gotta do all that, I don't have to do all that when I send other people messages". Then I gotta explain that what a POS my iPhone is that it can't even do something as simple as send and receive picture messages.
    Sorry, I'm a recent civil engineer graduate so I tended to hang out with people and girls who understood technology pretty well :P

Come to think of it though, most of them/my friends had/have smartphones or iPhones so we kinda all skipped MMS/SMS...

Also, AIM/MSN are outdated. You're starting to see more integration between e-mail and chat (yahoo/msn both have their live/chat counterparts and google chat is integrated into gmail). It won't happen anytime soon, but we're moving away from texts in phones when the phones can just IM.

And the other reason I want txt/mms to die. Overpriced texting plans for something that costs them nothing. Why the hell should I pay more than I already do to do something I can do for free through AIM/email. Unless you guys have some super-secret free MMS/Text plan...
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 12-11-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Sorry, I'm a recent civil engineer graduate so I tended to hang out with people and girls who understood technology pretty well :P

Come to think of it though, most of them/my friends had/have smartphones or iPhones so we kinda all skipped MMS/SMS...

Also, AIM/MSN are outdated. You're starting to see more integration between e-mail and chat (yahoo/msn both have their live/chat counterparts and google chat is integrated into gmail). It won't happen anytime soon, but we're moving away from texts in phones when the phones can just IM.

And the other reason I want txt/mms to die. Overpriced texting plans for something that costs them nothing. Why the hell should I pay more than I already do to do something I can do for free through AIM/email. Unless you guys have some super-secret free MMS/Text plan...
    Yeah I figured as much.

Well when you start having friends like this...

Rather than friends like this...

Then perhaps you will be a little more understanding

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ dude get rid of the pic of my lil sister and her iphone!!
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanobx View Post
    //////// dude get rid of the pic of my lil sister and her iphone!!
    I wouldn't worry so much about the picture of your little sister as I would the weak picture that you have in your signature. 1/4 mile only lasts 10 seconds? That's pretty sad on a bike seeing as how the 1/4 mile only lasts me 9.68 seconds in my CAR! Hell even on my GSXR 1000 I'm sure I could do it faster than that although I haven't ran it at the track so we won't go there

Thanks

Yeah I figured as much.

Well when you start having friends like this...

Rather than friends like this...

Then perhaps you will be a little more understanding
    Hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah oh my God how WRONG you are. But if that's your idea of an engineering girl, more power to you. I won't say that every engineering girl is hot stuff but there's more good looking ones were I studied than the rest. One of the civil girls from my graduating class looked JUST like that chick the iPhone too (her hair was darker though, no highlights) and she wore glasses (the sexy librarian kind). But then again, what do I know? I'm just a nerdy engineer dating a chemical engineer, belly dancing hottie . I won't post pictures because I get nothing of it but feel free to ask One1, he got to browse through my pics when attempting to fix my broken iPhone (which I totally MELTED IN THE MOST AWESOME OF WAYS).

If there is a con to my engineering college that I will give you, it's not the women but the location. Ohio tends to get cold as hell in Winter so people cover themselves pretty good
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 12-12-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry so much about the picture of your little sister as I would the weak picture that you have in your signature. 1/4 mile only lasts 10 seconds? That's pretty sad on a bike seeing as how the 1/4 mile only lasts me 9.68 seconds in my CAR! Hell even on my GSXR 1000 I'm sure I could do it faster than that although I haven't ran it at the track so we won't go there
    well true, but a high 9's daily driver or one set up for the track? my street bike does low 10's high 9's. track bike was run at high 7's low 8's.
    the sig was meant that the adrenaline rush of draggin one's knee through twistys is longer lasting than a straight run for a 1/4 mile. And for the record a "tweaked yet street" gixxer 1k only does the 1/4 in mid 9's.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69185&dateline=119575  6040

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanobx View Post
    well true, but a high 9's daily driver or one set up for the track? my street bike does low 10's high 9's. track bike was run at high 7's low 8's.
    the sig was meant that the adrenaline rush of draggin one's knee through twistys is longer lasting than a straight run for a 1/4 mile. And for the record a "tweaked yet street" gixxer 1k only does the 1/4 in mid 9's.
    haha I know I was just giving you *****. I am more into stunting that I am into drag bike racing. Like I said I keep the drag racing to my car. That's good stuff about the track bike. I have a couple of members on my forum that are into track bikes and several others who are just into stunting as well. Here's a few pics of my car and NO it's not just a track car. I don't daily drive it because I don't want the miles but I do frequent the local street races EVERY weekend lol.

Here's the track setup

Here's the street setup

Here's a few pics of my maniac ***** on my 02 gixxxer 1k
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 12-12-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks

i betcha this bike goes faster then both your bikes put together

[IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

^hijacked

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

It's obvious that you don't have any chicks that send you pictures messages because you would then realize how dumb some girls are, like I am gonna sit there and explain to them that they gotta do all this other bull to send me a picture thru email when they are gonna turn around and ask "why the hell do I gotta do all that, I don't have to do all that when I send other people messages". Then I gotta explain that what a POS my iPhone is that it can't even do something as simple as send and receive picture messages.

Well if your iPhone is a POS then why i gods name do you still own it. Throw it away and quit complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one phone has it all. IMO the iPhone still has more features than most phones and i guess thats why you still own your POS!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

haha I know I was just giving you . I am more into stunting that I am into drag bike racing. Like I said I keep the drag racing to my car. That's good stuff about the track bike. I have a couple of members on my forum that are into track bikes and several others who are just into stunting as well. Here's a few pics of my car and NO it's not just a track car. I don't daily drive it because I don't want the miles but I do frequent the local street races EVERY weekend lol.

Here's the track setup

Here's the street setup

Here's a few pics of my maniac ***** on my 02 gixxxer 1k
    Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5

maniac?? more like dumb *** nice helmet and jacket SQUID oh and btw you posted the same pic of your bike 5 times nice NOOB
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    i betcha this bike goes faster then both your bikes put together

Oh snap is that a picture of you? Sweet bike man!

Quote Originally Posted by nimavafi View Post
    ^hijacked
    Might as well, not like anything else useful is going on in this thread. We have already covered how the big bad iPhone can't even send picture messages, but of course it can't it's made by Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2621 View Post
    Well if your iPhone is a POS then why i gods name do you still own it. Throw it away and quit complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No one phone has it all. IMO the iPhone still has more features than most phones and i guess thats why you still own your POS!
    Hmmm probably because I can send and receive picture messages on my iPhone via 3rd party software, no thanks to Apple. Obviously you didn't notice but, this is a DISCUSSION FORUM and this thread is about "iPhone MMS" to which I replied that I think the iPhone is a POS because it doesn't come with MMS messaging from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNCO View Post
    maniac?? more like dumb *** nice helmet and jacket SQUID oh and btw you posted the same pic of your bike 5 times nice NOOB
    Helmet and jacket hahaha something some inexperienced troll would say. Seeing as how I have never been in a bike accident in my entire life I don't see why I would bother myself with wearing useless items that are more of a distraction than they are of good. I could care less about being protected from road rash, if someone hits me or I wreck I would rather die than become a vegetable for the rest of my life. Oh well if you don't share the same point of view, like I said it's obvious your inexperienced, and either way I am sure you would look great in a wheel chair Tyler

PS: Just because you need training wheels when you ride doesn't mean everyone else does.

PSS: Come on over to my forum and I will show you what a nOOb really is
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 12-12-2008 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks

Actually, the phone can send pix msgs. use the App called quip. Someone who works with my wife told her about it. I checked it out and i must say all in all its not that bad. I mean it doenst work like traditional MMS. one has to have web access, but when you click on the link it takes you right to the pic you sent tried it with both 3G and 2G. works both ways. It is also just a text msg, so high MMS fees would essentially be a thing of the past. I like it and recommend it, not like I am anyone though)