Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone MMS Apple Allowed. Could it be True?

i don't understand why we are not able to receive MMS? what is the whole reason for it? i hate the stupid viewmymessage thing. it just makes me not want to view my pictures at all with that process, which half the time doesn't work

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by khaoticsquirrel View Post
    i don't understand why we are not able to receive MMS? what is the whole reason for it? i hate the stupid viewmymessage thing. it just makes me not want to view my pictures at all with that process, which half the time doesn't work
    agreed..... i second that

Quote Originally Posted by djdraco View Post
    why cant they just at least make it possible to click on the html link in the text that is received and have it jump to the webpage and automatically insert the user and pass? i hate going back and forth with text and safari when i'm no where near my home computer.
    NO sh!t dude.. Viewmymessage.com is the worst goddamn thing I've ever seen in my life.

NOT ONLY do they not embed the password into the url so I don't have to enter the damn thing manually, they make the password unintelligible, and when you FINALLY get the picture.. it's displayed in a FLASH OBJECT! And not even at full resolution!

Why in god's name would you put a picture in a flash object in the first place, and second why wouldn't you fix it when it's obvious that it's hindering millions of iphone / smartphone users?? AT&T sucks big ****. I don't know how they're surviving in the technology industry with idiots like theirs at the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    This is what I find ironic. The iPhone is renown as the the most advanced phone yet people with a lesser phone have to be taught how to send iPhone users a message.
    It's not as if the phone isn't capable to handle MMS, it friggen blocked on purpose.
    Email is email not messaging. The last thing I want is to clog up and sift through my email for messages.
    Just think if macs had to use email instead of messaging.
    Sounds pretty stupid ha. Now imagine the most advanced phone has to use email instead of instant messaging.
    I think Steve Jobs should make us dial in phone number in binary, heck having that many numbers on the dial pad must take the smartest programmers in the world. Ahhhh and that is why we don't have MMS because Steve Jobs has secured the smartest programmers to maintain the functionality of the dial pad.

Ok so I am a little bitter.
    That's why Apple will NEVER dominate like Microsoft cause they suck plain and simple.

Apple, Crapple, you get the point

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You can't. Just get your friends with the times and tell them to e-mail you. I seriously can't wait for MMS to die and everyone switch to e-mail. It's better in every possible way.
    Get with the times? You should be sending that message to Apple telling them to get with the times. Big bag iPhone that can't even send a picture message. Damn even the ****** $20 Nokia phones can even send a picture message..
    Last edited by DSMKilla; 11-23-2008 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    Get with the times? You should be sending that message to Apple telling them to get with the times. Big bag iPhone that can't even send a picture message. Damn even the ****** $20 Nokia phones can even send a picture message..
    I send picture messages all the time. They're called e-mail messages and me and my friends haven't had issues with this. Seriously, this whole "no MMS/picture messages" has been a whining point for over a year now. If you haven't taken the time to adapt to it it's your own damn fault. I think I only had problems with it in the first 2 months. By then the friends in questions learned that if they want to send me anything, they e-mail it to me. Problem solved.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Because not everyone has email on their phone
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

Seriously, this whole "no MMS/picture messages" has been a whining point for over a year now. If you haven't taken the time to adapt to it it's your own damn fault. I think I only had problems with it in the first 2 months. By then the friends in questions learned that if they want to send me anything, they e-mail it to me. Problem solved.
    Yes, the solution to a problem is to 'adapt' to a missing feature that is available on near every phone today. Let's not forget that the most advanced phone in the world can't do several OTHER functions that most others can.. such as take video, copy/paste, record a voice memo out of the box, set custom ringtones without buying them, use a damn A2DP stereo headset when the thing is a MUSIC PLAYER, the list goes on.

It's people like you that are sitting at Apple finding excuses NOT to add standard features and instead to add **** like Google Street View who are hindering progress on what could be the end-all to cell phones. Having to 'adapt' to the missing features in an Apple product is why I've never, ever bought one prior to the iPhone.

Apple should work around what its' customers want in a phone, especially when the device is MORE than capable of doing it. Quit making excuses that people should have to adapt to the phone, simply because apple won't push a software update. You sound like an idiot.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

bruinsrme (11-24-2008), dayloon (11-26-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My wife sent me a MMS and asked if I got it. How do you explain to someone the "most advanced phone" doesn't have a simple feature. She said whatever and walked away.

It's all part of apple consiracy to get everyone on an iPhone. If everyone has one then everything will be fine, but that's never gonna happen. It's gonna take forever for everyone to even have email on their phones.

I don't think that there will be mms or copy and paste until the next gen iPhone. Just as some stupid gimmic to sucker unsuspecting victims into lots of money for just a software update, and of course some other snazzy new features like maybe an upgraded camera.

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    Yes, the solution to a problem is to 'adapt' to a missing feature that is available on near every phone today. Let's not forget that the most advanced phone in the world can't do several OTHER functions that most others can.. such as take video, copy/paste, record a voice memo out of the box, set custom ringtones without buying them, use a damn A2DP stereo headset when the thing is a MUSIC PLAYER, the list goes on.

It's people like you that are sitting at Apple finding excuses NOT to add standard features and instead to add **** like Google Street View who are hindering progress on what could be the end-all to cell phones. Having to 'adapt' to the missing features in an Apple product is why I've never, ever bought one prior to the iPhone.

Apple should work around what its' customers want in a phone, especially when the device is MORE than capable of doing it. Quit making excuses that people should have to adapt to the phone, simply because apple won't push a software update. You sound like an idiot.
    You fail to understand that you're in the minority of the customers who have an iPhone. The phone still selling like hot cakes with no sign of slowing down and no one but the very vocal internet minority complain. You won't get MMS, you probably won't get copy/paste either. Once you accept the phone's fault, you'll be a lot happier with it. If you don't like it, there's plenty of others out there. And the only idiot here is the one complaining about features that were never promised or mentioned on the phone.

You fail to understand that you're in the minority of the customers who have an iPhone. The phone still selling like hot cakes with no sign of slowing down and no one but the very vocal internet minority complain.
    You know what? You're right.. how foolhardy of me to simply assume that a cellular phone with a camera attached to it might actually be able to send a picture to someone.. or take a video. No phones that are currently on the market have those features. I'm sure only a small minority of people who got the phone were actually expecting to be able to use that camera.

the only idiot here is the one complaining about features that were never promised or mentioned on the phone.
    How stupid of me to complain about a fault or missing feature on the phone. I'll remember that and take your advice the next time I see a software bug, or my phone drops calls, or takes 8 years to sync, or has terrible battery life. I should have taken these things into account before buying the phone. Why bother complaining to the company responsible when I can simply accept it? Hell, they would never push an update correcting any of those problems now would they? Apple's not looking to make their product better once it's off the shelf.. what was I thinking? Hell, asking for MMS is as stupid as asking for Exchange support on an Apple product, right? They'll never go for it!

Here's an idea, Einstein - seeing as how MMS is something that could easily be added as an additional feature via a software update, give me one reason why I shouldn't complain about it. In fact, give me a good reason Apple even put a camera on the damn phone. I can't send a picture to someone else.. I can't take video without hacking it even though I have 8gb of space to play with.. why is it there?

While you're at it.. explain to me why this so-called idiot got a thank you on my first post to this forum. Maybe I should be a moderator...

Oh and before you reply back with your miserable "you can send a picture via e-mail" excuse, I'll go ahead and refute that one. I bought the world's most advanced phone. It being so, I should NOT have to send my grandma and every other friend and family member a guide on how to add an e-mail account to their respective phones, should I decide to go sending them a picture all willy nilly. Nor should THEY have to deal with down-arrowing through their hoardes of spam to find whatever the hell it is I send them.

Your arguments are terrible and you know it. If you want to sit by idly and accept the iPhone's faults, then do just it and quit refuting people with valid points.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reanimationxp For This Useful Post:

Happy Noodle Boy (11-24-2008), jaysh (11-26-2008)

It's a give and take, buddy. Other phones can do video, mms, copy/paste, and homework. Yet none of those phones have the iPhone OS, AppStore, and everything else the iPhone comes with.

Apple never put the camera as a big priority. Even when the 2G came out the camera was hardly the best in the market. It was meant to take a quick snap here and there, not to be a replacement to a real camera.

MMS has been argued to the ground, so I don't see why I should add to it but whatever. MMS is simply not in part of Apple's vision. Same reason they have one button mouse and all the other things that make it stand apart from Windows and the rest. They obviously feel e-mail is superior and the phone does a great job at that.

If you want to blame someone for MMS, blame AT&T. I guarantee you a lot of the people complaining would stop is viewmymessage.com was updated for iPhones.

Oh my, you got a thanks with your first post, congratulations! You really are the jewel of the desert. Let me help you make the number just a little bit higher so you can go to sleep knowing that you have been thanked in an internet forum.

And you bought the most advanced phone. You don't see other phones out there with half the applications/games the iPhone has now. And holy god are you seriously arguing against e-mail messaging because of SPAM? You must be some elaborate troll because I honestly cannot believe you call my arguments terrible when you throw me a point that hasn't been an issue for years if you know basic computer skills and/or have a gmail account (which are free and even my own grandmother has one, and she's as computer knowledgeable as a rock)
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 11-24-2008 at 07:56 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well, HNB ATT had the ability to get service for 3 iphones from my family. They blew it. As a matter of fact their new ATT service is going to be cancelled and reverted back to verizon.
    The camera is mediocre, at best, my wife wants MMS and wants to hear her phone ring.
    As great as the iphone is, in some eyes, themost significant short comings are the basics.
    Blame MMS on ATT. you obviously don't read too many posts on this place. Being a Noob one can only conclude that MMS is not everywhere and ATT is not the only carrier providing this service. So am I to conclude ATT is influencing Swedish-Finnish carrier Telia decision to not offer MMS service until now?
    I do not understand why ATT would be so reluctant NOT to offer a service that the phone is so capable of providing.
    Perhaps I will just settle for the sports car with snow tires.
    Last edited by bruinsrme; 11-24-2008 at 08:22 PM.

lol, that's a good analogy, and the same way I feel about it. Basics have come to be known as such because it's assumed they'll be there.

Although I will not refute that e-mail is better than MMS for some things, most of which are better suited for a computer, any idiot will agree that MOST phones are not equipped to view text email properly, let alone one containing a graphic or attachment. In regard to the spam comment, you know what I meant. I receive about 20 emails a day, and even without spam, anyone with a "normal" phone shouldn't have to hunt and peck through that sh!t looking for a picture that their phone has been designed to receive in a standard format, as an INSTANT message. It's the same reason Apple saw fit to support the TXT functionality and made an app for it, rather than telling me to use e-mail instead. When I send a pic to your grandmother, wouldn't it be great for her to hit Accept instead of have to log into gmail? Wouldn't a notification be nice rather than hoping she decides to check her e-mail? E-mail is not a replacement for MMS, and even Apple wouldn't dare to make that argument.

As for the camera, NO cell phone places emphasis on the camera! All of them are hellacious, and the iPhone actually has one of the better ones I've ever seen! This again, is not a valid argument. Other companies managed to have MMS functionality even if their camera was terrible. My argument wasn't that the camera isn't a suitable replacement for a digital camera.. no phone is. Way to miss the point though.

While you're correct there would be a lot less b!tching if viewmymessage.com didn't suck, that again is not the point. I had never even heard of viewmymessage.com prior to owning an iPhone, because with all the half-assed phones I've ever had with Cingular, all of them were able to receive MMS! vmm.com was initially designed to help people who had sh!t phones that can barely even receive text. If Apple thought to give me a PDF plugin viewer, there's no reason they couldn't spend a few minutes writing the MMS protocol into the TXT app.

I'm done with you Noodle Boy.. you're just going to make a sad attempt at refuting anything I say, when your arguments don't make a lick of sense to anyone but yourself.

Sorry but MMS is a basic feature which ALLLLL phones have these days (except iphone that is). I'm sick of apple including pointless things into their updates (such as the latest google street view crap) and continue to ignore the very basics. They get away with this purely because they are apple and the fanboys let them get away with whatever they want. If Nokia or SE were to release a phone with no MMS etc it would bomb. In order to use MMS i have to jailbreak my phone, pay $8 for swirly and lie to my network provider (o2 uk) by telling them that i also use another phone so that they enable MMS on my account.

If only we were all so lucky.. I've battled with AT&T countless times trying to get them to enable MMS. It's hopeless, even when telling them I want to use another phone, they claim their system won't give them the option to add MMS without removing the iPhone data plan entirely. I've pondered over it forever trying to figure out if there is a way I can trick them into enabling it, because obviously there are people on ATT using swirly. If anyone has any advice, it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 870 Posts

ALL THIS IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS. IF YOU CALL ATT&T, THEY SAID THAT THE IPHONE DOESNOT HAVE THE CAPABILITIES TO SUPPORT MMS, IF YOU CALL APPLE THEY SAID THAT ATT&T HAVE THE RATE PLAN RESTRICTED AND DONT WANT TO CHANGE THE DATA PLAN FOR A MEDIA NET WHICH ARE THE SAME/ COMPARE TO A BLACKBERRY 9000 BOLT(NEW THAT CAME OUT FROM ATT&t AND HAVE ALMOST THE SAME AS IPHONE EXCEPT TOUCH SCREEN) GOT THE POINT. IPHONE IS CAPABLE OF DOING ALL AND MORE... ATT&T DOESNOT WANT TO CHANGE THE RATE PLAN TO ALLOW MMS. SO SIMPLE.

While I accept that MMS may not be a massive thing in the US, in Europe it is VERY big. Its used by a large % of mobile phone users in many of the main countries. Europe is MUCH more expensive users of txt & mss. You don't want to know how many txts some of the Scandinavian countries sent.

The fact the phone does not have MMS DOES put off buyers, I know many in the UK that just write it off due to it, with it they would have had a good chance of a sale but its a big blocking point.

Personally I don't get the issue for Apple. Others have coded apps (SwirlyMMS) so why don't Apple just agree to it. A) Apple sell more iPhone = more market share and money, B) Operators will make more money due to people sending more MMSs

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

why in the world would phone companies want use email. Email is far more costly than messaging. Messaging the message is received by the host, relayed and cleared. Email is routed. Stored, replicated thru out the hosts email server network. Held there until the recipient deletes the item tieing up server space, back up space and so on.
    Now my email is being clogged up by messages where on multiple computers and iphone. As opposed to the message going to my phone i look at it keep or delete locAlly at no additional cost to att or another email service.
    Att doesnt charge for an email but would charge for a mms. So push people to use email at ATT expense or ATT gets more money from subscribers. Well we know what route ATT has chosen. And people wonder why american banks and industry needs nearly a trillion dollars to avoid collaspe. Unreal

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wisecat74 View Post
    We should all give Apple a deadline either approve an MMS app, make one or we start switching to BlackBerries or Windows (true) Smartphones.
    Us? Give Apple? lmao....good luck with that, tell me how it goes
    iLive an iLife

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast