+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone MMS Apple Allowed. Could it be True?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i want MMS badly also but why are people so hung up on mms now that the 2.0 firmware allows you to save pictures from email in your camera roll
    Green Apple
    Thanks

i want MMS badly also but why are people so hung up on mms now that the 2.0 firmware allows you to save pictures from email in your camera roll folder any phone that can do mms can send it as an email just have people email you pictures its the same sh*t pre 2.0 i could see the want because you couldnt save pictures from the email i know the lack of mms sucks but get over it already its been a year and a half since the iphone has been out get another phone if u want mms or use the email method

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Apple already approved an app called Quip. this app send u a link to their server n then let u see the pic or save it to the photo library but what about the ppl who dnt have internet access plus i have sent mms wit this app but i haven't receive not even one......................it SUCKS in deleting it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks

yeah i dont know why the best phone on the market doesnt even have mms but whatever. you win some and you lose some i guess. hoping to see this soon. until then ill just stick with swirlyMMS.
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont know why they refuse to put mms on the iPhone. Even if they put a "real" mms app on the app store for say $4.99, just in this app they would make $$$$$$ (in the same amount of digits). I would buy it and im sure the next person that wants an iPhone but wont buy it just because it doesnt have mms, would buy the pone and the app. And all the people that already have an iPhone im sure would too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope this is true
    better late than never

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm not expecting much. I'll stick swirly until then

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default why?
    im pretty sure this has already been answered somewhere but. what is the real reason Apple,nor AT&T will not allow MMS for iPhone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

omg please be true!

Thanks

Default MMS is obsolete
    MMS is just another way for carriers to charge you for sending a pic when all your actually doing is sending an email. All sms is is email!

The iphone has always been able to send and receive mms! All you need is an email address setup on your iphone and the work around destinations to send it to for the specific carrier the recipient in on ie... [email protected] (verizon)

google for the workaround!
    I think I win for the most lame avatar

iPhone? More like MyPhone dayloon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkeagle1 View Post
    MMS is just another way for carriers to charge you for sending a pic when all your actually doing is sending an email. All sms is is email!

The iphone has always been able to send and receive mms! All you need is an email address setup on your iphone and the work around destinations to send it to for the specific carrier the recipient in on ie... [email protected] (verizon)

MMS isn't obsolete at all. I don't know where you're from but here in the UK MMS is still used a lot

Thanks
    We should all give Apple a deadline either approve an MMS app, make one or we start switching to BlackBerries or Windows (true) Smartphones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SENDING thru e-mail is a breeze. I'm sure most people here have discovered that.

It is the receiving that sucks- I would say MAYBE your friend's phone can e-mail a picture, but maybe not. Teaching your friend how to set their phone up to send an e-mail to your iphone is a PITA.

So just convert all your friends to iPhones and you'll have no problems- email email email...

Srsly- with all the hoops to jump thru on getting an AT&T "account unlock" and such- Swirly is just not a viable option. I wish it was, but it seems just too clunky.

BELIEVE ME, no one wants MMS more than I do...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mailandrew View Post
    SENDING thru e-mail is a breeze. I'm sure most people here have discovered that.

It is the receiving that sucks- I would say MAYBE your friend's phone can e-mail a picture, but maybe not. Teaching your friend how to set their phone up to send an e-mail to your iphone is a PITA.

So just convert all your friends to iPhones and you'll have no problems- email email email...

Srsly- with all the hoops to jump thru on getting an AT&T "account unlock" and such- Swirly is just not a viable option. I wish it was, but it seems just too clunky.

BELIEVE ME, no one wants MMS more than I do...
    This is what I find ironic. The iPhone is renown as the the most advanced phone yet people with a lesser phone have to be taught how to send iPhone users a message.
    It's not as if the phone isn't capable to handle MMS, it friggen blocked on purpose.
    Email is email not messaging. The last thing I want is to clog up and sift through my email for messages.
    Just think if macs had to use email instead of messaging.
    Sounds pretty stupid ha. Now imagine the most advanced phone has to use email instead of instant messaging.
    I think Steve Jobs should make us dial in phone number in binary, heck having that many numbers on the dial pad must take the smartest programmers in the world. Ahhhh and that is why we don't have MMS because Steve Jobs has secured the smartest programmers to maintain the functionality of the dial pad.

Ok so I am a little bitter.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bruinsrme For This Useful Post:

mailandrew (11-21-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    This is what I find ironic. The iPhone is renown as the the most advanced phone yet people with a lesser phone have to be taught how to send iPhone users a message.
    It's not as if the phone isn't capable to handle MMS, it friggen blocked on purpose.
    Email is email not messaging. The last thing I want is to clog up and sift through my email for messages.
    Just think if macs had to use email instead of messaging.
    Sounds pretty stupid ha. Now imagine the most advanced phone has to use email instead of instant messaging.
    I think Steve Jobs should make us dial in phone number in binary, heck having that many numbers on the dial pad must take the smartest programmers in the world. Ahhhh and that is why we don't have MMS because Steve Jobs has secured the smartest programmers to maintain the functionality of the dial pad.

Ok so I am a little bitter.
    Seconded.

There is a motion on the floor...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkeagle1 View Post

Can you eplain more.. i found my carriers information @txt.att.net
    but dont understand how to set the phone up properly to receive the mms.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

You can't. Just get your friends with the times and tell them to e-mail you. I seriously can't wait for MMS to die and everyone switch to e-mail. It's better in every possible way.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    You can't. Just get your friends with the times and tell them to e-mail you. I seriously can't wait for MMS to die and everyone switch to e-mail. It's better in every possible way.
    Agreed. Too bad we can't snap our fingers and make that happen. Remember, 90% of phones can send MMS and WAY less do e-mail. So until that ratio changes, we are stuck on the wrong side of the curve.

For no apparent reason other than stupidity.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

why cant they just at least make it possible to click on the html link in the text that is received and have it jump to the webpage and automatically insert the user and pass? i hate going back and forth with text and safari when i'm no where near my home computer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I dont get what the big deal is with MMS, just get peoples e-mail address. And if they dont have an e-mail address to send/ recieve pics then they are in the stone age and shouldnt be allowed to even use a cellphone. My GF still has a blackjack and she just sends everything to my e-mail and vis versa. I would much rather see copy and paste, or zoom and color functions on the camera, or how about a video function? I'm jailbroken so I have Snapture and Cycorder, but everyone should be able to have these funtions.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Finally!!!