Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Mobile App Still Not on iPhone (it's out now!)

Thanks

Anyone know how to get the iPhone to stop asking if you want to Allow or Don't Allow your location to be determine, and just do it already?

it doesn't like the Australian accent very much
    it does work but not as well as it does in the video
    still pretty neat
    would be neat if you could browse the web using voice prompts
    like forward back refresh enter and so on

This works awesome. I have only had one problem, it didn't understand my name(I tried to Google my self). Now they just need to port this to work on typing emails and text messaging(I know it defeats the purpose of text messages but i hate typing).

Also those complaining about it not working try speaking American English, not the fish and chips English.

Quote Originally Posted by jaredb03 View Post
    Also those complaining about it not working try speaking American English, not the fish and chips English.
    haha thats funny American English
    that's a great solution tho instead of Google fixing this problem
    they can just get the whole English speaking world to put on American accents

People really seem to not grasp just how HARD it is to get good voice recognition software for the masses. A home solution is different since they "learn" your accent and voice patterns and they all have training modes where it will learn your voice.

This is on a whole different level. It's obvious the voice-recognition software can only do so much and has to be tuned for the majority of people.

To get better with this, you need to take an opposite approach. Since the voice recognition won't learn to understand you, YOU need to change for it to understand. What I did yesterday was pick a random quick phrase and basically kept repeating it, changing my tone and speed every time, until I could consistently get the correct result back. After that, I just made every question in the same tone/voice and I rarely got wrong results.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    To get better with this, you need to take an opposite approach. Since the voice recognition won't learn to understand you, YOU need to change for it to understand.
    Why does the phone require we do this but not the automated customer service lines we talk to every day. Those seem to understand everyone for the most part. I found myself speaking into my phone like I was speaking to a child in order for it to understand some of what I was saying.

I was expecting some sort of amazing voice recognition based on what Google was saying when this news first came out. It's good but it's not much better than the "Dragon Speak" dictation software I used years ago.

Trying it now, See what happens...LOL

If you speak clearly enough it does a decent job of things.
    Well, after more of a play I take back my first remark. It misses more than hits.
    Last edited by beljim; 11-20-2008 at 03:25 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123