Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Mobility and Apple announce iPhone Price Cuts

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Default AT&T Mobility and Apple announce iPhone Price Cuts
    Effective September 5th, 2007 AT&T Mobility and Apple will be offering the iPhones at a new price point.

The 4GB model will be sold at $299.99 until existing supplies are diminished. At that point, only the 8GB model will be carried by either party.

The 8GB model will be the exclusive iPhone available and will be offered at $399.99.

It gets better....

Customers who purchased an iPhone (not refurb) On between August 23rd and September 5th are eligible for a $200 dollar price guarantee credit. This credit may be applied to the AT&T Mobility account, or to the original purchase tender with a valid purchase receipt.

thanks amnesia!

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

tlopeznj (09-05-2007)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

do u still have to sign a gay 2 year contract?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Yup, its still a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by brianiino View Post
    do u still have to sign a gay 2 year contract?
    You can purchase the iphone without a contract. Of course this will require you to bypass the AT&T activation to activate the other features. With the software sim unlock on the horizon, that seems a viable option.

Or, you can "intentionally" fail the credit check via itunes during a new att account activation (in itunes only) and opt for the GoPhone Pick Your Plan option. This isn't advertised, but its there for those who require a deposit. This option will only show up if your credit check returns a deposit is required. Pick Your Plan requires a credit card, debit card (visa/mastercard logo) or checking account/routing number for automatic debit. They will debit your account each month and carries no contract.

Hope that helps.

The link below will show you the Pick Your Plan rates...

Add $20 for Unlimited Data w/200 SMS
    Add $30 for Unlimited Data w/1500 SMS
    Add $40 for Unlimited Data w/ Unlimited SMS

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...9301j13RWn3800
    Last edited by amnesia; 09-05-2007 at 03:51 PM.

Ummm, what about those who purchased an iPhone prior to August 23? Are we SOL?

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    It gets better....

Customers who purchased an iPhone (not refurb) On between August 23rd and September 5th are eligible for a $200 dollar price guarantee credit. This credit may be applied to the AT&T Mobility account, or to the original purchase tender with a valid purchase receipt.

thanks amnesia!

When was this announced???????? did I miss something?????????

Thanks

Evidently!

It was announced today. The Starbucks wifi downloads will be pretty cool , but not enough to make me forget the $200 my excitement cost me.
    Last edited by ColsTiger; 09-05-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9&dateline=1181485574

. . .
    Last edited by wally_wall; 09-06-2007 at 09:17 AM. Reason: i'm being dumb. :)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wally_wall For This Useful Post:

Qubichi (09-05-2007)

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Such is the business life, and phones in general. iPod's generally come down in price slower, but EVERY time a new cell phone comes out there's a $100-300 difference in the price a month later. The price we pay for being early adopters.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

do we have 90 days to return them?
    mod edit, old signature removed

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    do we have 90 days to return them?
    Nope. Unfortunately Apple Branded products (iPhones, iPhone Bluetooth Headset) have a 14 return policy along with a 10% restocking fee if the shrinkwrap is open. (You don't actually have to return the phone to get the price guarantee credit)
    Last edited by amnesia; 09-05-2007 at 04:14 PM.

whhhhhat thhheeeee helllllllll
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-05-2007 at 04:24 PM. Reason: language

Yea... it's a little upsetting that they dropped the price so soon. The biggest reason I am upset is that now, every bloke will be walking up and down the street with one... Time to get more extravagant with my mods. lol
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-05-2007 at 04:28 PM. Reason: language

It is pretty lame but I guess that's how it goes when you have a hot item. Look at the guy in India who was charging people just to touch his Iphone.

$200.- does not ruin my life.
    I still love my iPhone.
    Yes, was willing to pay $599.-
    Dropping the price is a great move of Apple.
    --> However, feeling "screwed" that this happened so quickly hurts. Yes, there is some anger against Apple right now here. I hope Apple will do the right thing!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I get me some money back! YAHOO!!! I bought two this past Saturday and am within the 14 test/return/price match period and will be at the store Saturday morning when they open with my receipt in hand and iPhone in the other getting my credit.
    <--- I'm new so don't hit me just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Yea... it's a little upsetting that they dropped the price so soon. The biggest reason I am upset is that now, every bloke will be walking up and down the street with one... Time to get more extravagant with my mods. lol
    Exactly, Its more upsetting when you were going to actually wait for the price to come down, but decided that the price would make up for the time waiting. Who knew that the waiting time was a couple months..... FUUUUUGGGERS!

and and... everyone and their mom will have one now. Great. I guess im gonna have to stop charging people to touch my phone.

so what about the people who waited in line for hours?

wheres there $200?

i think i was upset about the price cut for 2.5 minutes, im over it now
    i bought 3 iphones and ATT only charged me for 2 phones so HAH! FU ATT/APPLE
    Hit Thanks!

Dang Oh well, I still love my iphone!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast