Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Finally SMS at its best with MySMS!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

type the repo in as www.bitesms.com/beta i think,
    check the thread for more details

which thread?

sorry for my n00bishness and thanks guys i had to reset my iphone and check cydia an then it showed that there were updates! Sorry for crapping thread
    Last edited by shahir29; 11-12-2008 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

We'll get over it. I would just like to say.....I told you so

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Maybe you should start a new thread for your biteSMS issues and questions

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    We'll get over it. I would just like to say.....I told you so
    ya sorry, thanks for the hasty repies

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

isoft, Спасибо!

I give it a 3.5

If they could fix the contact name bug, and if it would load a bit faster then i would be sold

iPhone? More like MyPhone aglitch's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it loads faster if your conversations arent too long. i had some long *** convos and then i deleted them to test it out and i saw minor improvements.

one thing that i noticed was that when you put it in the in&out mode the outgoing messages display the contact name and the incoming displays the phone. could get confusing when you receive multiple messages in a short amount of time.

Thanks
    How long does it take to get the registration code after purchase?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cir_osis View Post
    How long does it take to get the registration code after purchase?
    It takes a little while...a couple of hours. But I think it has to do with the time zone difference. I bought it early today in EST and came thru mid-afternoon.

But hold off on buying...

I installed this app and purchased it right away but found quite a few bugs. If you have IntelliScreen and BiteSMS already installed, be ready for lots of problems.

My recommendation is that only people without those apps installed pull the trigger on the purchase. MySMS looks VERY PROMISING and so far I think it has the most features I liked in one SMS app, but it still is very buggy and needs work.

For one, BiteSMS looks and works like a PROFESSIONAL SMS replacement for the stock SMS and MySMS does not. I think MySMS loads slow, I hate the icon and splash screen logos, and it doesn't play well with others (IntelliScreen and other apps). BUT! Having said that, it is worth installing for those who dont mind helping the authors work all the kinks out. When it is finally ready for prime-time, its gonna be a killa app!!

Too bad I plunked down my 5 bucks before I fully vetted the program. Hopefully I won't have to buy it again if and when I decide to re-install.

By the way, glad to hear iRealSMS is on its way for iPhone 2.1. I love that we'll have more choices over the very lacking stock SMS app Apple decided to short-change us on.
    Last edited by teddyf1; 11-13-2008 at 12:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Would buy if they got rid of the rediculously ugly splash screen, made it faster loading, and overall made it look cleaner like bitesms.

Thanks

Definately sticking to my beloved BiteSMS, especially because they give me the option of sending my messages online so I don't get charged a retarded amount for sending texts internationally.

Hmm, didn't like it at all, still waiting on you apple, i still have faith in you for landscape mode and mms, i do!

Quote Originally Posted by fcpoage View Post
    Tried this out and it works pretty good, but when registering, it will not allow you to register with a "free" email account, such as hotmail, gmail, or yahoo. But BiteSMS has lanscape texting and it actually starts up quicker, and runs pretty smooth, and seems to do everthing this one does too. But this one is pretty good too.
    yea, had the same problem, i emailed support, lets see what they say. if i can even understand what they're trying to say, their english is horrible..
    anyway, i'm liking this app alot, i bought irealsms so im kinda waiting on 2.0 to come out to see if i should buy this app or not, but so far im liking this better. the only feature irealsms has over it is the search function which i could care less about.. finally a great landscape app though

Why is it that after 140 characters it jumps to sending a 2nd SMS?
    But when you have an enter in a message it allready jumps to a 2nd SMS after 70 characters...

Thanks

Was curious if this will affect PYSL app if installed? Or would I just use this app instead? Be a bad thing if PYSL stopped working and showed my blacklist

I'll be waiting for iRealSMS 2.0. I installed mySMS and loved it for a while, but some people were telling me they were getting messages with lots of spaces, multiple unecessary pages, and one message even turned up as all numbers when recieved. This was someone who was on the Telus network. It's now uninstalled, and I'm waiting for iRealSMS

Quote Originally Posted by JamalJones View Post
    When you get to that screen there's a button on the top left corner that says "Quick Filter" when lets do you search by first letter. I have the same problem as you but it me awhile to notice the button.
    Yes I spotted that, BUT it still means that before I can start texting I have to:

1. launch app
    2. Wait for screen
    3.Press compose new txt
    4.Select Quick Filter
    5. Wait for keyboard
    6. Type 1st letter
    7. Type 2nd letter
    8.Select contacts number usually each has several numbers not all Mobiles...
    9. Then start texting.

Its just a long winded way of doing something some simple and so unnecessary.

Splash screen should be optionally disabled after registration

Also as others report the sms character count is incorrect reporting 2 sms messages at 140 characters.

Next update soon please

Tosh

Quote Originally Posted by Hitone View Post
    Yes I spotted that, BUT it still means that before I can start texting I have to:

1. launch app
    2. Wait for screen
    3.Press compose new txt
    4.Select Quick Filter
    5. Wait for keyboard
    6. Type 1st letter
    7. Type 2nd letter
    8.Select contacts number usually each has several numbers not all Mobiles...
    9. Then start texting.

Its just a long winded way of doing something some simple and so unnecessary.

Splash screen should be optionally disabled after registration

Also as others report the sms character count is incorrect reporting 2 sms messages at 140 characters.

Next update soon please

Tosh
    Can't you just click on the right side of the screen on the letter you want to go to and then flick through to the correct contact? (There is an alphabet displayed on the right side of the screen for quick navigation)
    I find this going pretty fast.
    Ofcourse when you have 200 contacts that start with the same letter you are still taking a long time to find the right contact, but i doubt that is the problem.

But i agree the startup before you can send an actual text is pretty long.
    Last edited by StarSoft; 11-13-2008 at 05:32 AM.

**EDIT (cpjr) WE DO NOT ALLOW PIRATED/WAREZ TALK, Read rules and regulations**
    Last edited by cpjr; 11-13-2008 at 06:15 PM.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast