Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Finally SMS at its best with MySMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by janHR View Post
    I read somewhere that they will charge their current users for an update to 1.0...
    Thanks for that heads up.

I will hold off too.

I have been told from the developer that only the standard version will be charged an upgrade fee (not much). Those who have already purchased the secure version will be able to upgrade at no charge.

It would be nice if the developer would provide me with the Reg Key I purchased. I received a confirmation email from PayPal but no key from the developer.

Quote Originally Posted by imott2000 View Post
    It would be nice if the developer would provide me with the Reg Key I purchased. I received a confirmation email from PayPal but no key from the developer.
    It would be nice if... you could share some more information.

The last release is better than iRealSMS 2.0.7.6?

iRealSMS and MySMS:

1. Both can..
    2. Forward a Message
    3. Delete a Single Message
    4. Insert a Contact
    5. Reply in Landscape Mode
    6. Character Counter
    7. Save the message to Drafts
    8. Save the message to Notes
    9. Full Landscape Mode.
    10. View messages in Inbox, Outbox, Sent, Conversation Mode.
    11. Insert a Template
    12. Get you Send Notifications ie. Delivery Reports

iRealSMS has never crashed, and MySMS has crashed a couple of times for me.
    In my opinion iRealSMS wins over MySMS due to features.
    For you... What is the best?
    Last edited by predator13; 01-26-2009 at 11:07 PM.

MySMS can turn off delivery reports on the first page.
    You can have the comma,question mark characters on the front screen, so it is easier to insert them

I tried iRealSMS, but couldn't judge it fairly due to their awful trial mode that doesnt let you use the program on a daily basis normally... so I couldn't evaluate it as it deserved.

One thing I miss from MySMS is when the SMS is longer than 160 characters you won't receive a delivery report of that message. I hope they fix that and release version 10 already so I can buy my key already, I'm sick of sometimes (not)waiting 30 seconds to send my messages

For those that don't know, If you purchase the secure version of MYSMS you will not have to pay for an upgrade when the new version is released.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Do either of these have clickable links like the stock app?

Thanks

Trying to post at mySMS forums, but site is down.. I have noticed that since updating to 0.9.9 Build 916 my iPhone CRASHES all the time.. Throws my phone into SAFEMODE then I have to reset it. THAT is rather annoying. Once, the forum opens up again, I'll post over there, but I don't want to redo my entire phone. Anyone have the build before this one? or TWO before this last one??
    Last edited by Nic; 02-03-2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: grammar :(

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    Trying to post at mySMS forums, but site is down.. I have noticed that since updating to 0.9.9 Build 916 my iPhone CRASHES all the time.. Throws my phone into SAFEMODE then I have to reset it. THAT is rather annoying. Once, the forum opens up again, I'll post over there, but I don't want to redo my entire phone. Anyone have the build before this one? or TWO before this last one??
    I was having similar issues before. I backed everything up with Chronus and reloading my iPhone. Also, I have not had any issues with the forum. What exactly are you having a problem doing? I also think they were doing some maintenance on the server.

Forum is working fine: iSoft apps - All Discussions
    wwjd

Thanks

Anyone aware of any updates.. been awhile...

Anyone aware of any updates.. been awhile...
    Not at all. Their lack of communication (not updates) led me to others. I won't be going back.

I have been wondering the same thing as well. :/

they are about to release a non free version 1 -maybe thats why

Ruben

were talking about MySMS, not BiteSMS. MySMS was never free.

Default MySms problems
    I just installed MySMS and I'm having what seems to be an old problem with the phone numbers not matching up in the contact list if they're not +61 format (for australia) it's not such a huge problem, except that I now have multiple conversations for the same person after i've texted them, and they've replied, some with sent messages in one convo and received ones in another - a little strange. I've tried setting the number limit to 10, to full, all to no avail. the native app and bitesms seem to be able to do this fine, without me having to change anything.

While we're on strange things, I've noticed that most of the time, messages I send to people through the quick reply screen simply vanish and don't appear in the message history anywhere.. is anyone else experiencing this problem? or is it just me? Is there a setting somewhere I'm to alter??

Aaron

For the first part, have you tried restarting you phone? I remember having this problem before, and I think I just had to restart my phone, and it worked.

Second part, if you send a Quick Reply message, and then open up MySMS and it loads right into the conversation of the person you were talking to, it won't show the message you sent.
    You need to click the arrow back, and then click on the conversation again, that will refresh the page and show you the new messages.
    wwjd

Thanks for the reply, but neither of those have changed anything. I can see the messages i've sent in the 'sent' screen, but when i go to the 'bubbles' screen they're just not there at all. It only happens when i message a person who i have in my address book without the international dialing code (+61) on their number.

I've updated my iphone thru itunes to the latest firmware, and cracked it with quickpwn for win.. it only seems to be a mysms problem, native sms and bitesms dont have the same problem.. only this one.. is there something particular i'm supposed to do for aussie settings?

** edit ** I've sorted this out. Seems for Aus settings for phone number length need to be at 9 numbers. Seems to be working fine now!
    Last edited by DodgyThong; 02-16-2009 at 12:01 AM.

Default Stop seeing names pop up when you have new txt message
    Do anybody know how to stop the name from poping up when you get a new text message?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast