+ Reply
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Finally SMS at its best with MySMS!!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by swiftbmx Hi Peakas, I'm starting to like your app more and more, better than iRealSMS really but can you please do something about the splash screen? Anyway
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiftbmx View Post
    Hi Peakas, I'm starting to like your app more and more, better than iRealSMS really but can you please do something about the splash screen? Anyway for to turn it off or change it to our liking? I'm just not a fan of it. This is the one thing holding me back from buying! Thanks and excellent work thus far!
    The latest version has an option to download different splash screens and/or app icons to use from their website. Very cool!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

PEakaS,

Let me just say you are doing an amazing job! Your app is pure genius, I refer everyone to your program that has an iPhone and I work at a distributor where I'm not even allowed to mention the thought of jailbreaking. That's how good this is lol.

Keep up the good work and keep the updates flowing!

BurntPB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default App icons and splash screen not working...
    Wow - this app keeps getting better and better!! Thank you for the hard work and frequent updates... With the latest update, I am able to choose new app icons and splash screens, but the changes don't occur. I've tried a respring and a restart but still no change... Any ideas? Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Has anyone try to install a new splash screen? Because I am downloading any new splash screen but after the restart or even reboot the splash screen is still the default. Any ideas?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Any update on the splash screen problem?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok this might sound stupid. But is there any way to buy this with a free email addy. That's all I have. Can I buy through text?? Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jones4campn View Post
    Wow - this app keeps getting better and better!! Thank you for the hard work and frequent updates... With the latest update, I am able to choose new app icons and splash screens, but the changes don't occur. I've tried a respring and a restart but still no change... Any ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by theophanes View Post
    Has anyone try to install a new splash screen? Because I am downloading any new splash screen but after the restart or even reboot the splash screen is still the default. Any ideas?
    I just did this again, with no problem. First, after choosing the new splash screen there is an option to 'Use this image', and click 'yes'. Then it downloads. Then you have to click 'OK' for a restart.

If that doesn't work....maybe try using the BossPrefs or SBsetting app to fix the directory permissions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey, i was in here more than a couple of times, and ive learned a lot from you guys. Now (i think) i found something, and i want to share this with you, to give something back for all the knowledge this forum dropped on me.

So basically this guy/girl gives away 3 key codes for mySMS secure version. Check it out : CONTEST : WIN A KEY CODE TO REGISTER mySMS SECURE VERISON FOR iPhone | Funky Space Monkey

hope that i did a small contribution to this forum

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hartphoto View Post
    I just did this again, with no problem. First, after choosing the new splash screen there is an option to 'Use this image', and click 'yes'. Then it downloads. Then you have to click 'OK' for a restart.

If that doesn't work....maybe try using the BossPrefs or SBsetting app to fix the directory permissions?
    I have repaired permissions with Boss Prefs but I am still unable to install a new icon or splash screen. Should I manually set the permissions or can I manually put the icon file on the phone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone PEakaS's Avatar
    Thanks

try this

chown mobile:mobile icon.png
    for icon

chown mobile:mobile Default.png
    for splash screen

Green Apple
    Thanks

hey y'all I got a question...do I have to have a type of txt MSG plan for any SMS app to work on my iphone3g? Cuz I'm on prepaid gophone and umma be runnin low on cash for a while so I won't be able to add money so I wanted to know after I run out will I still be able to send txt msgs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chilo420 View Post
    hey y'all I got a question...do I have to have a type of txt MSG plan for any SMS app to work on my iphone3g? Cuz I'm on prepaid gophone and umma be runnin low on cash for a while so I won't be able to add money so I wanted to know after I run out will I still be able to send txt msgs?
    It uses your normal texting plan.. Whatever texts the default app uses, this one uses.
    wwjd

Green Apple
    Thanks

damn dat sux I thought with there being like 5 or 6 diff apps for txt msg dey would be free to txt cuz can't da iPod touch txt for free?

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone?? I'm tryng to buy this app but all I have is a free email. Peakas??

Thanks

I got it to work by using ssh and logging into the phone and setting the permissions on Apps. Bossprefs wouldn't work for some reason.

Can you enter a number when sending a new txt with mysms? just seems to only go to the address book??

tellytel, do you need someone's email to use or what do you need?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just want to say that I've tried to purchase this program 3 seperate times now... and all 3 times their CC company has issues accepting from paypal, 2 hours of delay, followed by a day or so for a email telling me that I didn't have my transaction processed.

I am at the point where it's getting too frusterating to even buy the app... should iron purchasing bugs out.

Green Apple
    Thanks

to all you mysms users...

how fast and smooth is the scrolling of the conversation bubbles in conversation mode?

is it as silky smooth as the original iPhone sms app?

also, how quick is the sending on the latest update?

still takes awhile? how does it compare with the original sms app?

and finally, when typing in portrait mode, can you see the conversation bubbles?

THANKS!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    to all you mysms users...

also, how quick is the sending on the latest update?

and finally, when typing in portrait mode, can you see the conversation bubbles?

THANKS!!!
    Much, much faster on my iPhone. Almost no delay.

No. Doesn't bother me a bit.

The other questions could be considered memory/app/winterboard/theme dependent, as what you have running (safari/mail/anything backgrounded) and your theme loaded (especially those that fetch data in the background like background/lockscreen weather and/or clock apps, as well as notification apps) will affect other apps 'choppiness'. You can see this even just scrolling across pages of your SB, when a 'fetch' happens either for mail and/or a clock/weather app.

No regrets on my purchase at all. I'd say buy it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hartphoto View Post
    Much, much faster on my iPhone. Almost no delay.

No. Doesn't bother me a bit.

The other questions could be considered memory/app/winterboard/theme dependent, as what you have running (safari/mail/anything backgrounded) and your theme loaded (especially those that fetch data in the background like background/lockscreen weather and/or clock apps, as well as notification apps) will affect other apps 'choppiness'. You can see this even just scrolling across pages of your SB, when a 'fetch' happens either for mail and/or a clock/weather app.

No regrets on my purchase at all. I'd say buy it.
    true but if that was the case, wouldn't it affect your original SMS app as well?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the update, I love the new splash screen, but any idea when sending delay can be improved? For me when I send a message it can take up to 30 seconds to actually send. I own and registered the app so it is not a software delay (demo delay).

Any idea what can fix this?

-Bad