Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Finally SMS at its best with MySMS!!

Quote Originally Posted by PEakaS View Post
    we test it some time, and don`t seem any changes... But it be very small test. If anyone notice any problem with it, please post here
    Sweet!

I was just wondering. What causes MySMS/BiteSMS/irealSMS to send texts slower than the default app. Does it have to do with coding? Just curious.

iPhone? More like MyPhone PEakaS's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gbadude View Post
    Sweet!

I was just wondering. What causes MySMS/BiteSMS/irealSMS to send texts slower than the default app. Does it have to do with coding? Just curious.
    we know no so much as we want about 'how iphone work' - we can send messages faster or in same time as default client, but in this mode we have some troubles with stability.

we work on, in increase a speed in once
    Last edited by PEakaS; 11-24-2008 at 06:52 PM.

we know no so much as we want about 'how iphone work' - we can send messages faster or in same time as default client, but in this mode we have some troubles with stability.

we work on, in increase a speed in once
    I gotta say PEakaS, you are doing an excellent job in actually paying attention to the problems that are arising and taking care of them. Thanks for all of your hard work in making this such a good app. I personally use it as my default sms app and the only thing i see wrong is the speed, make it a little faster and it will be great. Other than that its a really good app and worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf_Raiders View Post
    irealsms customer should get a free update. It's just like buying an app off iTunes and you paid for it and entitled a free upgrade irealsms is a rip off for paying extra money. I am sticking with mysms.

Any reply from support yet Nic?
    i had purchased the first version of irealsms and thought it was rediculous to pay more money for an update so i emailed them telling them how rediculous it was to charge for an update and that i diddnt even like their sms program and i got an immediate response and a full refund. and my serial code is still working too lol

PS.... thanks PIKAS for adding a "new message" indicator in "incoming mode!!!" i love it, thanks so much. MySMS is the perfect SMS app in my opinion. great work!!

I love this app, but it is def slower than the default app. That being said I dont think the delay is that bad.

I do however have one complaint, about 30 minutes ago I did the online transaction to pay for the app. How long does it take to get the key? I checked and they already charged my credit card...I know its not been that long, but for an email based transaction I wish it had a script that would handle sending me a key ASAP when payment is made...but like I said, it is a great app.

If you need beta testers I would be happy to throw my hat in the ring, I have plenty of programming experience and would love to help test new updates.

-Bad

Quote Originally Posted by badatthis View Post
    I love this app, but it is def slower than the default app. That being said I dont think the delay is that bad.

I do however have one complaint, about 30 minutes ago I did the online transaction to pay for the app. How long does it take to get the key? I checked and they already charged my credit card...I know its not been that long, but for an email based transaction I wish it had a script that would handle sending me a key ASAP when payment is made...but like I said, it is a great app.

If you need beta testers I would be happy to throw my hat in the ring, I have plenty of programming experience and would love to help test new updates.

-Bad
    I think the email says to wait 24hrs, but I think it only took like 1hr for me.

Also, the program is much faster when you have the background mode enabled. It's so much nicer.
    wwjd

How do u enable It in the background??

And does the registration through the phone work yet??

Go to the MySMS settings.
    Make sure "set as default" is turned on. It will drop down more options.. Make sure "Keep MySMS in memory after close" is ON.
    wwjd

Anyone noticed that it now works with Status Notifier? - yeah!

Beta Testers!!

Beta repo has been launched! Check it out HERE!
    Last edited by rbisconti97; 11-26-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrentzke View Post
    Anyone noticed that it now works with Status Notifier? - yeah!
    Can you share your mySMS setup sliders, as well as the Status Notifier sliders? I don't think it's working for me (latest of both programs installed). It's probably OE on my part, it'd be great to compare to a working config.

Thanks!

Thanks

Description: Send/receive encrypted SMS via iPhone/iPhone 3G. Firmware 2.2 now supported!
    (28.11.2008) New version: 0.9.5
    [Added] Forward messages via mail
    [Added] MCleaner support.
    [Added] Pick recepient from call history list
    [Added] Mark messages as read in send/recv form
    [Added] Choosing app icon/splash screen
    [Added] Detect phones & URL's in 'read single message' mode
    [Fixed] Crashes while sending messages
    [Fixed] Smaller time interval between check new messages
    [Fixed] Don't ask for password after resuming if background mode enabled
    [Fixed] 139 symbols in single message. Now - 159.
    [Fixed] Hides keyboard after remove recipient in 'write message' window
    [Fixed] Other small fixes
    [Removed] 'Filter' button. 'Additional' button coming instead.

Description: Send/receive encrypted SMS via iPhone/iPhone 3G. Firmware 2.2 now supported!
    (28.11.2008) New version: 0.9.5
    [Added] Forward messages via mail
    [Added] MCleaner support.
    [Added] Pick recepient from call history list
    [Added] Mark messages as read in send/recv form
    [Added] Choosing app icon/splash screen
    [Added] Detect phones & URL's in 'read single message' mode
    [Fixed] Crashes while sending messages
    [Fixed] Smaller time interval between check new messages
    [Fixed] Don't ask for password after resuming if background mode enabled
    [Fixed] 139 symbols in single message. Now - 159.
    [Fixed] Hides keyboard after remove recipient in 'write message' window
    [Fixed] Other small fixes
    [Removed] 'Filter' button. 'Additional' button coming instead.
    wow. im impressed. does this update increase the speed of messages sent? also, any speed increase when scrolling through the conversation bubbles?

i don't understand how apple's own sms.app can achieve silky smooth scrolling whereas other 3rd party apps always seem choppy

obviously, apple has resources and developers at their disposal that a normal, individual dev does not have access of. but is making smooth scrolling conversation mode really that difficult?

im not a dev so i have no idea, just was wondering. keep up the good effort peakas.

i noticed a small problem with enabling mysms to stay in the memory, if i have this enabled i have to manual refresh cydia everytime, it doesnt do it on its own anymore unless i disable the setting in mysms, besides that awesome program

Quote Originally Posted by jaysmi29 View Post
    i noticed a small problem with enabling mysms to stay in the memory, if i have this enabled i have to manual refresh cydia everytime, it doesnt do it on its own anymore unless i disable the setting in mysms, besides that awesome program
    Ah yes, I was wondering if that was just me or not.
    That's not a big deal to me though, gets kind of annoying have to wait for Cydia to refresh whenever you open it.
    wwjd

I love this app. Tried buying it using paypal and creditcard as payment options but both times payment was not confirmed and order did not push through. Btw, the latest version isn't showing up on cydia for me. I have the devs repo enabled already.thx.

Dear PeAkas,

I have problem on registration of MySMS (version 9.5.2) after i upgraded to iPhone 2.2.

Before with Iphone 2.1 I was able to register succesfully but after i upgraded to iPhone 2.2 and re-register mySMS, i got error message - "Operation could not be completed. Cocoa error 261"

Please help.
    Thanks.

Thanks

We have some troubles when move our site from one hosting to another.
    Now all work, but we still have some troubles.

All question about trouble with paiment or registration, you can write to me on: [email protected]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Hi Peakas, I'm starting to like your app more and more, better than iRealSMS really but can you please do something about the splash screen? Anyway for to turn it off or change it to our liking? I'm just not a fan of it. This is the one thing holding me back from buying! Thanks and excellent work thus far!

Hey Peakas, thanks for the great app.
    There are, however, a few bugs and problems I've found.

1. The screen doesn't light up when a message is received while the phone is locked.

2. If I receive a message from someone with, for example, number +353 87 XXXXXXX but I have the number saved in contacts as 087 XXXXXXX, MySMS doesn't recognise the contact.

3. If I want to manually enter a number to send an sms to starting with a zero (0) it always enters plus (+) instead.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast