Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New App Allows you to Control Lights in your House with iPhone

Default New App Allows you to Control Lights in your House with iPhone

There is a new app that will allow you to turn on/off or dim all the lights in your house. The app works with a lighting system by Lutron, the same company that developed the dimmer switch in the 1960s.

The lamp in the picture above is screwed into one of Lutron’s modules. The module allows iPhone owners, with a simple app, to control their lights from across the room or from a different story in their house.

The app also allows for your house to be separated into different zones, so the many lights do not get confusing.

While the app is free and available in January, its been reported that to set up your house with all these modules would “cost several hundreds or thousands of dollars.”

Ok, so this is app takes things to a new level and you have to admit that this would be a great way to wow friends and guests who are over visiting your home, but I wonder how many people would actually use this because of the high up front cost? I could not justify the cost.

Source: DVICE: Control the lights in your house using the iPhone
    AppleChic

no way. Thats insane

That would definitely be bad ***. I would think about doing it if it cost under $150 for say 2 rooms worth.
    Dirty as I wanna be!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Now I can get even fatter because I don't have to get my fat @$$ up off the couch to turn on/off or dim the lights. Now I need an app that will bring me my cheetos from the kitchen
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

cricketlang (11-12-2008)

The app looks really cool, but getting you house implemented with the hardware costs more than it could ever be worth...

Wasn't there another app that used to do something like this? The prohibitive costs of using this app makes it completely ridiculous.

Default Is it just me?
    Is it just me, or does the guy holding the iPhone in that picture have REALLY tiny hands? Or is it just the iPhone Macro I'm hearing so much about?

Looks like a woman to me. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    now i can get even fatter because i don't have to get my fat @$$ up off the couch to turn on/off or dim the lights. Now i need an app that will bring me my cheetos from the kitchen
    lmao!!

......epic

Home automation control has been around for many many years, its called X10. One can already control x10 modules from your iphone, its calle 'x10 commander' and is available from the app store for about 7 bucks.

cool i love my i phone

if it wasnt so much money....MAYBE. but the world is becoming so lazy that its not even funny. now you wouldnt even need to grab another device to switch your lights. thats just sad....for real
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks

weird...:/
    like a circus...

Default do we really need to control our lights?
    this system looks clunky and annoying...

I don't like it.

There's a much better alternative to this and way cheaper. I thought you guys would know about it. X10 products are much cheaper than the product mentioned above and they have their own apps in the App Store. All you need is their transceiver which is less than $50 to control up to 60 devices and the modules for the lights, etc. Here are some links you will find useful. If anyone has any questions let me know.

X10 Commander - iPhone/iPod Touch X10 Controller

Intelliremote iPhone/iPod Touch Client

I am a programer for this system "Homeworks Illumination" is what it's called. For a basic system installed it's $10,000.00 not hundreds of thousands. also you can allready use your iphone to control the system via it's built in web server. it's an unbelieveable system.

Lutron Electronics, Inc.

M. Alan Associates

X10 is garbage so is any other lighting control system. Lutron is the Number 1 When it comes to lighting Control.

Well for those who don't want that much integration into their house, x10 would be a more affordable solution with lots of functionality, no offense to Lutron. I'm sure Lutron is a great system. The x10 already allows you to control your x10 products through a web server also. Even my built-in vehicle garage opener can interface and operate x10 devices. As an electrical engineer, I think x10 solutions would suffice for me. X10 products are also supported for open-source programming if you look on the x10 forums. The above is just my opinion.

Default Introducing MyWay
    Sup guys

Here is my development on this, wich actually can control ON/OFF Lights, dimmers and windows shutters or shades.
    No wires needed !!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ4acIluA1A]YouTube - MyWay 1.0 - Versão Final de Software[/ame]

MyWay FTW
    Last edited by spektro; 11-13-2008 at 12:34 PM.

Angry What the ......
    Quote Originally Posted by stone2007 View Post
    dvd and video to iphone converter
    This iPhone Video Converter is a one-click solution to convert DVDs to iPhone movie.It features superb video & audio quality and the fastest conversion techniques availabe in the market.
    More information at iPhone Video Converter

Mac user can download the iphone software at dvd/video to iphone for mac
    This is not an advertising site for you to post your converters. do that in another forum...not here. this is for feedback and comments...please
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I only have 9 bucks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast