+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Rumor] Grab Toilet Paper in Bulk when you Purchase an iPhone at CostCo

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
How much will the iPhone cost in 2009? If the latest rumor is true you'll be able to grab a nice shiny iPhone 3g for the ultra low price of
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Default [Rumor] Grab Toilet Paper in Bulk when you Purchase an iPhone at CostCo

How much will the iPhone cost in 2009? If the latest rumor is true you'll be able to grab a nice shiny iPhone 3g for the ultra low price of $149 while shopping for bulk quantities of every day items at your local CostCo. The unsubstantiated rumor reports that as soon as January CostCo will be slinging these iPhone ultra cheap at their stores littered across the country.

$149 seems a little bit cheap and if the rumor is true you might think that there must be some sort of awful catch like a contract for life or only when you buy $4,000 of groceries or some other ridiculous requirement. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if the rumor were true and there was no catch other than the 2 year contract you already have to sign with AT&T. CostCo iPhone for $149 would fit in perfectly with Apple's schemes to put a iPhone in every house in America.

[techtrader via unwiredview]

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I assume this is the 8gb we are speaking of? 150 does sound a LITTLE cheap considering that is more of a price drop than that of their ipod touch classic and nanos that they have for sale (those are about 15-20 bucks cheaper at costco than other stores). If we see this price drop I bet we will see something similar at other stores (maybe like down to 170-175). but you never know!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

There's gotta be a joke between the 3G and the toilet somewhere in here.........
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Thanks

Default ahhhhhh
    thats way cheap. i will also take the advice as far as grabbing some Charmin Ultra while im at it. its good to hear the price is dropping though. thats good for those of us who dont have a massive income and apple usually likes to overprice thier stuff so good news
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

r1994augusto (11-11-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This seems reasonable to me. I dunno about in the States, but Costco in Canada started selling cell phones about a year ago. They do have the iPhone, and although it is the same price as anywhere else, you get a $50 Costco cash card for buying the phone through them. If you shop at Costco, this is as good as knocking $50 off the price of the phone...
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

$150 seems rally cheap. Costco discounts the ipod by about $10, so $50 seems a little steep.

iPhone? More like MyPhone r1994augusto's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm coming!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    thats way cheap. i will also take the advice as far as grabbing some Charmin Ultra while im at it. its good to hear the price is dropping though. thats good for those of us who dont have a massive income and apple usually likes to overprice thier stuff so good news
    lol thats all true!
    Last edited by r1994augusto; 11-11-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

a good catch would be to waive those strict credit deposits... alot of people would mess with AT&T if their deposits werent so high, or if everyone had excellent credit... which everyone doesnt have...
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

$149 is not as cheap as it seems. Remember, the new iphone costs $15 a month for internet and the 200 sms text messages and require another 2-year contract. After doing the math, they get in the end an extra $360 in addition to whatever down payment you previously paid. Granted, you get much faster internet, but right now at $200 prices, the 3G phone actually costs $160 more than the first generation after all of the math.

The $50 break would just make that number $110 more for the 3G (including the price of the faster internet). But don't forget the great profits apple makes with more people using the Appstore and buying accessories!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    we dont have costco in ms

Green Apple
    Thanks

haha it will be great

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrsidewayzz View Post
    a good catch would be to waive those strict credit deposits... alot of people would mess with AT&T if their deposits werent so high, or if everyone had excellent credit... which everyone doesnt have...
    i was considering switching to AT&T and have been researching it and talking to reps. i havent heard anything about credit deposits... what do you speak of?

Thanks

You will probably have to sign up for a toilet-paper subscription to get it for 149$. Imagine getting toilet-paper delivered monthly to your door by an AT&T employer

Green Apple
    Thanks
    yes please.

Thanks
    with the rising cost of toilet paper
    who wouldnt take up this great offer..lol