+ Reply
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone 2.5 for 1.1.4 Firmware Has Been Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hi Guys, I have an 1.1.1 OTB upgraded to 1.1.2. If i were to restore it to 1.1.4 and run Ziphone would I be ok ?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have an 1.1.1 OTB upgraded to 1.1.2. If i were to restore it to 1.1.4 and run Ziphone would I be ok ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can't be bothered reading the all the several pages of posts but though I'd mention this just in case anyone still has 2.5b and can't get it to work. 2.5b won't unlock your phone - it's bugged. Zibri sorted it out and released 2.5c so if your having the issue where you run 2.5b and it seems to work but you get no signal that's why. Grab the new one and you will be good to go. Alternatively restore to 1.1.3 jailbreak/unlock in 2.5b Or 2.4b. Then use 2.4b to unlock (other versions may work but I only tried j/a with 2.5b and unlock with 2.4b and all worked fine). I ran into the no signal problem the other day and that's how I resolved it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArsenicIce View Post
    Tried using this 2.5c Do It All technique and everything works great except youtube... i have tried many techniques over and over as far as complete restore and start from scratch doing all steps over again, installing a youtube patch (which did not work either) from installer and still no luck... If there is anyone who knows a trick to get youtube to work after restoring to 1.1.4 and clicking do it all please let me know... Thanks!!!
    I also had this problem and tried the iClarified or whichever patch is on the standard sources. It didn't work.

I asked one of the helpers on #ziphone and they suggested a different source (h**p://s.apfelphone.net). Download the youtube patch from that one (it's in German but just click OK when prompted) and make sure you restart your phone (turn it off then back on) after its installed. I followed those steps and it worked perfectly.

Hope that helps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi i need some help on ziphone pls... i had an OTB 1.1.3 which i ran on ziphone 2.5b it activated and jailbroke it but did not unlock it. I restored it to 1.1.4 and then tried it again with 2.5c but same thing it was activated and jailbroken but did not unlock. Pls help

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The only problem i have with my iphone is that it restarts by itself sometimes, like say I push the sleep/wake button. Then later I push it again then it just restarts all by itself, any suggestions would be appreciated. Other than that everything else works great

thanx
    -reppin4you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sirhc35 View Post
    You do not need the AT&T SIM card in the iPhone and you do not need to put the iPhone in Airplane mode. All you need to do is:
    1: Uninstall all third party software first. (this seems to make things go smoother i guess)
    2: Restore to 1.1.4 using iTunes (you can find the firmware on this website in the downloads section)
    3: Run the correct version of ZiPhone for you OS. (And that's it, you done)

I did all of this and had a sound problem at first, but then did it all again and chose to not backup my iPhone using the saved info on my PC and everything worked perfectly. I also refurbed my iPhone first to get my sound back.
    NICE!!!!! this is it........100% correct procedure .
    I have jailbroken, unlocked and activated 4 16 gigs iphones using these steps and everything is working fine .

I also didnt have the sound problem

Thanks

Never mind I just restored 1.1.4 then used ziphone to jailbreak and know I dont have the problem, and evrything else works great.

-reppin4you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Greetings,

I've been conservative, still using 1.1.1 - jailbroken using the i.unlock.no website method to DL installer. and subsequently unlocked using AnySim.

I'm trying to get the exact sequence of steps I need to follow, to upgrade to 1.1.4, using Ziphone 2.5.

Could some knowledgable person please guide me:

1) Do I need to first run "refurbish" in Ziphone - before restoring to 1.1.4 through Itunes? I've read mixed replies to this. Some ppl have posted that they ran the Ziphone upgrade without virginizing their 1.1.1, while others mention that it is essential to "refurbish" first, before upgrading to 1.1.4 via Itunes.

2) Once I've restored to 1.1.4, before I hit "do it all" in Ziphone - do I need to shut Itunes, or keep it running?

3) I read in someone's post on this thread, that my apps and my sources wont disappear, if I use Ziphone to upgrade to 1.1.4. Is this true? If I understand correctly, an Itunes upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 will remove all of my modded features, as well as my pics, contacts, songs, movies SMS and emails.

4) How do I backup and restore SMSes and emails - considering that it might be easy enough to sync contacts, pictures, songs and movies again - through Itunes.

I imagine a lot of people are stuck with 1.1.1 jailbroken phones, and are waiting for a step-by-step guide to getting their phones upgraded and working with full functionality with the 1.1.4 FW. Any help from the community here would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,
    Draxx

Thanks

One thing I have a problem with is that ibrickr does not work with 1.1.4, does anyone know how to fix this??

thanx

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does anyone else have problems with their youtube and mail not working? I even tried this solution to fix mail:

"exterminat25
    What's Jailbreak?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i posted this yesterday but there are ppl still asking the question so ill post it again

for people that are having problems with their mail.app crashing , as i was, you can ssh into your phone with winscp and open up putty login then write

chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile

and then close putty close winscp and then restart your phone and then it mail.app should be working... btw doesnt need to be putty through winscp it could be the phone terminal or any terminal i just happened to use the winscp putty"

and it still doesn't work. Any solutions out?

Google: 911 Mysteries (watch the video)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Draxx View Post
    Greetings,

1) Do I need to first run "refurbish" in Ziphone - before restoring to 1.1.4 through Itunes? I've read mixed replies to this. Some ppl have posted that they ran the Ziphone upgrade without virginizing their 1.1.1, while others mention that it is essential to "refurbish" first, before upgrading to 1.1.4 via Itunes.

You need to restore with 1.1.4 not upgrade, so you don't have to refurbish. Just run restore, then you should have factory setting 1.1.4

2) Once I've restored to 1.1.4, before I hit "do it all" in Ziphone - do I need to shut Itunes, or keep it running?

Keep itune running, as it will tell you to do so in zipone GUI.

3) I read in someone's post on this thread, that my apps and my sources wont disappear, if I use Ziphone to upgrade to 1.1.4. Is this true? If I understand correctly, an Itunes upgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4 will remove all of my modded features, as well as my pics, contacts, songs, movies SMS and emails.

Ziphone says you need to restore, not upgrade which means you lose everything on your phone except the data that was saved thru itunes such as pics (on your HDD), contacts, calendar, songs and video.

You will lose SMS and email account and mails.

4) How do I backup and restore SMSes and emails - considering that it might be easy enough to sync contacts, pictures, songs and movies again - through Itunes.

There is a way to save SMS and restore it back, but last time I tried, it didn't work to well, so you have to take the risk of losing it. You will have to search for that app. I don't know about mail unless you used imap.

Thanks in advance,
    Draxx

Good Luck.

iPhone 3GS with w/AT&T
    Technician
    Smart Cellphone Repair
    www.ifixsmartphone.com
    Ask me all your hardware problem!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I've had the problem of only getting a page of script when I go to download ziphone. Just try it again and it'll eventually work!
    17" Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM

16GB, Stock 1.1.4 Until The Bugs Are Worked Out...

8GB, Jailbroke, 1.1.1-Never Had A Prob With This One...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Otb 1.1.3 ziphone 2.5c but all i get is no service, any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Yeah, I've had service issues since ziphone. I'm surprised that no one else is noticing this.

I restored, jailbroke with ziphone and my signal strength went from full to 2 or 3 bars, sometimes dropping to no service.

I wasn't sure if it was AT&T's poor coverage or the jailbreaking process, so I restored to factory 1.1.4 through itunes.

Well, I've pretty much had 5 bars all day... When it was jailbroke, I had 2 to 3 bars.

Sounds like there are some pretty big kinks that need to be worked out with ziphone

Maybe I'll just jailbreak the old fashioned way... Worked before!
    17" Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM

16GB, Stock 1.1.4 Until The Bugs Are Worked Out...

8GB, Jailbroke, 1.1.1-Never Had A Prob With This One...

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiger1981 View Post
    Yeah, I've had service issues since ziphone. I'm surprised that no one else is noticing this.

I restored, jailbroke with ziphone and my signal strength went from full to 2 or 3 bars, sometimes dropping to no service.

I wasn't sure if it was AT&T's poor coverage or the jailbreaking process, so I restored to factory 1.1.4 through itunes.

Well, I've pretty much had 5 bars all day... When it was jailbroke, I had 2 to 3 bars.

Sounds like there are some pretty big kinks that need to be worked out with ziphone

Maybe I'll just jailbreak the old fashioned way... Worked before!
    I'm with ya'! I had the same problem. I've gone back and forth between 1.1.3 and 1.1.4. I get horrible signal strength with 1.1.4. I'm living with 1.1.3 for a bit. I had some other issues with my notes as well.

dbldare

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can anyone help me???

I've restored and updated, it was blazing, 4 minutes, it was crazy. But I have a lil problem, I'm able to sync my phone numbers from my comp, but if i try to manually add numbers it won't show, what am i doing wrong?
    Last edited by kdsolid27; 03-04-2008 at 02:50 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reppin4you View Post
    One thing I have a problem with is that ibrickr does not work with 1.1.4, does anyone know how to fix this??

thanx
    Try the iBrickr Fix. Add i.unlock.no as a source, then its called ZiPhone iBrickr Fix...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ajl917 For This Useful Post:

reppin4you (03-04-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Try the iBrickr Fix. Add i.unlock.no as a source, then its called ZiPhone iBrickr Fix...
    thanx, trying it right know

-reppin4you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello Everybody:

I first want to say "Thanks" to Zibri and all developers who make noobies lives easier with the iPhone. I had no issues with using any of the Ziphone apps.

I do have one issue though, my iphone was a OTB 1.1.3 16gb iPhone. I've used Ziphone 2.4 to unlock, activate, jailbreak many times; and have restored it many times. But on my one of my restores, it errored out and could not get it to restore to 1.1.3 anymore. I was forced to try to upgrade to 1.1.4 and it worked!!! I then used Ziphone 2.5 to unlock, activate, jailbreak the phone to use on T-mobile again. I then tried to restore back to 1.1.3 just to try and still get an error. I tried searching around this forume and could not find anything specific to my issue. Any guidance would be very helpful.

Echo
    P.S. Couldn't use youtube app on both instances; tried the numerous patches to no avail; but everything else worked flawlessly; thx Zibri!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kalil View Post
    Otb 1.1.3 ziphone 2.5c but all i get is no service, any help?
    unlock not working i get no service i have restore to 1.1.4 and 1.1.3 and ziphone 2.5c and nothing, does anyone knows what to do?