+ Reply
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 23 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone 2.5 for 1.1.4 Firmware Has Been Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by soldoutluck sorry, my bad bro. we can't all be tech geeks in this world... oh yeah and if we were we wouldn't need ziphone to jailbreak this
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    sorry, my bad bro. we can't all be tech geeks in this world... oh yeah and if we were we wouldn't need ziphone to jailbreak this sh1t for us, huh genius!
    Quote Originally Posted by soldoutluck View Post
    Thanks, i feel stupid now
    but thanks for the help, i dunno why i thought it would be harder...
    Hey, be a little considerate. You owe Zibri(author of ZiPhone) for unlocking your phone so don't call it a damn web clip. Got it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sodasamson View Post
    I've read the thread and decided to take the plunge and go for it... and now I'm sitting here endlessly waiting for iTunes to restore my iPhone?

Just to clarify:

I have iTunes 7.6.1 on Leopard - I've downloaded ZiPhone and I'm ready to go... so I plug my iPhone into my cpu and sync with iTunes one last time, then hit RESTORE. The prompts take me through varies warnings and questions... one of which was would you like to Back Up your phone, which I said yes too. Now I'm sitting here watching as my computer seems to be stuck? "Preparing iPhone for restore..."

So while I'm waiting I read this...

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=6706966

Am I screwed?

8GB 1.1.2 OTB, 4.6BL
    Running on Stealthsim

Any suggestions anyone?
    One Hour Later... and still restoring. Should I be worried?

Thanks

Where can I donate to Zibri?
    iPhone FW 2.2.1, Jailbroken and Unlocked!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IvanB View Post
    Where can I donate to Zibri?
    Here's a link to his Blog, there you will find a link to paypal for donations.

http://www.ziphone.org/

Thanks

i guys any idea for this problem i jailbreak my iphone with ziphone2.5 for 1.1.4 firmware but youtube and email is not working ! so have any solution i read some guys has the same problem on this tread but not solutions so please any help is welcome thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1.0.2 to 1.1.3?
    I have a couple phones. Mine I had at 1.1.1 and used ziphone 2.3 when it came out to go to 1.1.3 a/j/u. I had problems during the process of restoring to 1.1.3 on that phone and during the ziphone processes. I had to have my friend restore it to 1.1.3 on his mac, as my pc stopped detecting it.

Well, now I am feeling like updating my wifes 1.0.2 phone, which is a/j/u. I used the anysim that came out that didnt cause the corruption that would require virginization I HOPE.

So my question is, will I only have to restore to 1.1.3 in one step using iTunes, then use ziphone, or hop different versions. Also, if it was unlocked with anysim that requires virginization, do I have to worry about that or can I just run ziphone, close my eyes and have no problems?

Thanks for reading long question!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does ZiPhone automatically downgrade the bootloader to 3.9 or does it stay at 4.6? Also, does INdependace do the same? Thanks for the help...

Banned
    Thanks

i just used it and it was done in 3 minutes....i used the GUI version i found on ziphone.org and it was just tooo easy

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

just gave it a shot, worked great! (just used it for jailbreaking)
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I updated a 1.0.2 that was unlocked using the method on this site for OS X and upgraded to 1.1.1. I used Ziphone and did a restore directly to 1.1.4 and it worked without a hitch. I did have to reinstall all my apps but that is probably a safer thing to do in any case. Everything works perfectly including Maps and email. I did two phones, one on which I just hit restore and one option-restore and both worked fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

After doing an jailbreak, my email started to crash, it won't even open. How can i fix that?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerinacan View Post
    Does ZiPhone automatically downgrade the bootloader to 3.9 or does it stay at 4.6? Also, does INdependace do the same? Thanks for the help...
    same question here, anyone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xplod4202 View Post
    After doing an jailbreak, my email started to crash, it won't even open. How can i fix that?
    I have the same problem. I'm thinking I might have done something wrong, so i'm going to whipe and restore, and try again. Restoring gives me an excuse for screening phone calls. I didn't answer because was **** was broked.

Green Apple
    Thanks

help i did the whole process everything works except now my Itunes won't recognize my phone. So No music?

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

Works perfectly! I was on 1.1.3, restored, upgraded, jailbreak and i had everything installed and fixed within an hour.. thanks guys!!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tommer View Post
    same question here, anyone?
    Yes it automatically downgrades your bootloader which is a GOOD thing b/c the 3.9 bootloader is more easily manipulated. If you REALLY don't want this then go to the advanced tab and select the options without the downgrade bootloader. It is perfectly safe as I have done it on 5 phones so far with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gmpv View Post
    i guys any idea for this problem i jailbreak my iphone with ziphone2.5 for 1.1.4 firmware but youtube and email is not working ! so have any solution i read some guys has the same problem on this tread but not solutions so please any help is welcome thanks
    Try going to settings > general > reset > reset all settings

Your phone will then reboot and might clear things up. There is a youtube fix in installer you might try as well. Let me know if this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Weeeee View Post
    I have a couple phones. Mine I had at 1.1.1 and used ziphone 2.3 when it came out to go to 1.1.3 a/j/u. I had problems during the process of restoring to 1.1.3 on that phone and during the ziphone processes. I had to have my friend restore it to 1.1.3 on his mac, as my pc stopped detecting it.

Well, now I am feeling like updating my wifes 1.0.2 phone, which is a/j/u. I used the anysim that came out that didnt cause the corruption that would require virginization I HOPE.

So my question is, will I only have to restore to 1.1.3 in one step using iTunes, then use ziphone, or hop different versions. Also, if it was unlocked with anysim that requires virginization, do I have to worry about that or can I just run ziphone, close my eyes and have no problems?

Thanks for reading long question!!
    RESTORE to 1.1.3 (or 1.1.4) and then run ziphone 2.5. You do not have to restore or upgrade to 1.1.1 or any other version.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 03-01-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I wasn't sure about doing this, since Ziphone had never completely worked for me before (Either youtube or mail wouldn't work).

I clean restored, launched 2.5 and within a minute my 16gb phone was jailbroken with no error at the end! Zibri's great and we all should donate to him.

Oh, and my favorite app, Swaptunes, does work with 1.1.4
    17" Macbook Pro C2D 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM

16GB, Stock 1.1.4 Until The Bugs Are Worked Out...

8GB, Jailbroke, 1.1.1-Never Had A Prob With This One...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It works like a charm.. Thanks.
    Last edited by vraniga; 03-01-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: original post was incomplete

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default when u jailbreak with ziphone...
    does it have installer on it? sorry for the newb question... JUST got my iphone...

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vraniga View Post
    Is anyone else not able to make a call (i.e. no signal strength) after using ziphone?

I used the do it all button on zipphone 2.5. It is jailbroken and activated. It seems unlocked to me, but the carrier name does not appear.

Details:

OS Vista
    Itunes 7.6.1.9
    modem firmware 04.04.05_g
    I am in Canada.

If anyone can help, I will buy them a beer (or at least send you the money for a beer via paypal )

Thanks in advance.

Did you upgrade or restore? Try restoring to 1.1.4 (or whatever) and re-run ziphone 2.5.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

vraniga (03-01-2008)