Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
03-01-2008, 07:29 AM #221
"...tomorrow could be the best day of your life..."
iPhone 4S 64GB iOS5 JB
iPhone 4 32GB iOS5 JB & Unlocked
The New iPad 64GB JB
15" MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz i7 Unibody
24" Apple Display
03-01-2008, 07:44 AM #222
my icons wont start to wiggle and i am running 1.1.4. why wont my itouch let me do this?
03-01-2008, 07:56 AM #223
and you will get access to the latest Summerboard release for 1.1.4 and all the latest themes, they are released here first
Last edited by ericidle; 03-01-2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Automerged DoublepostEric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked
The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:
03-01-2008, 08:15 AM #224
The Following User Says Thank You to accordboyv6 For This Useful Post:
03-01-2008, 08:19 AM #225
Used this software...
Awesome. I am on T-Mobile.
Restored in iTunes to 1.1.4 then ran this. Worked like a charm!
Guessing I don't need a Turbo SIM using this either now?
03-01-2008, 08:20 AM #226
I'm having some problem, i just purchased my iphone and used the program to unlock all
but after it's completed nothing work
my baseband is 04.04.05_G
i connected to a wireless but cannot suref, googlemap, youtube or connect to installer. Could anyone guide me > .<
03-01-2008, 08:44 AM #227
OK, took the plunge and did the update / unlock
I have the following set-up
Unlocked / Jailbroken 1.1.1 phone on t-mobile UK
Downloaded 1.1.3 update
Did an iTunes RESTORE to 1.1.3 (Shift / Restore)
Phone was locked / Emergency Calls Only
Opened Ziphone and pressed the top left icon (jailbreak / unlock / Activate)
Waited until the phone rebooted and "voilŠ" my iPhone now has 1.1.3 and is unlocked, jailbroken, activated and working on T-Mobile UK.
All I had to do was re-enter the T-Mobile Edge settings and was online with YouTube and Safari with no problems on WiFi, although YouTube is complaining about needing an Edge connection - one to work on. Safari works with WiFi and Edge.
Google Maps work O.K. as does "locate" function.
Totally painless - this service is being offered in the UK on the web for anything up to £90 / USD 170 and here you can find it for a lot less!
Will update to 1.1.4. when some of the add-ons are available
Donation has been made!
03-01-2008, 09:19 AM #228
What I'm questioning is if Apple will release yet another firmware Thursday for the SDK or if 1.1.4 is "it". I'd hate to go through the jailbreak process both on my husband's phone and mine - only to do it again in a week.
03-01-2008, 09:29 AM #229
You don't HAVE to upgrade every time a new firmware comes out. There is no super benefit to 1.1.4 other than a few programing bug fixes. I'm still on 1.1.3 with the DEV soft upgrade and have seen no reason to restore my phone to re jailbreak/unlock with ziphone or any other method. I know people that are still on 1.1.1 and are just fine and dandy. Don't feel obligated to upgrade the second there is a new method or firmware. If you are happy with your current setup then stick with it until a REAL upgrade comes with features you just can't live without.
03-01-2008, 09:30 AM #230
iPhone 16GB 1.1.3 OOtb with 4.6 BL.
Now 1.1.4 Jailbroken and activated with AT&T, using ZiPhone 2.5, everything works like a charm!
My list of working apps:
Customize (Version 1.21 (custom), 2)
...and many more!!!
PS: you need "1.1.4 Compatibility Patch" for some of this apps to work on 1.1.4, (this is found in Tweaks 1.1.4 by iSpazio.net).
03-01-2008, 09:42 AM #231
Worked like a charm!
I followed instrucions and am now happy as fly on sh!t !!!
Hugs & kisses to you involved making this happen!
I have one question...
Why does the clock in the top banner stay at 9:42 AM? Is there a fix for this?
03-01-2008, 10:23 AM #232
I have an unlocked/jailbroken 1.1.2 OTB Iphone on 1.1.3 version working PERFECTLY with a Turbosim (on T*Mobile) . Do I still use ZiPhone I update it to 1.1.4?
And, yes... a noob here.
03-01-2008, 10:50 AM #233
sorry men can i do this with an 1.1.4 otb with no problems?
also do i have to downgrade the bootloader? can i leave the 4.6 or do i must downgrade it to a 3.8?
03-01-2008, 11:14 AM #234
Don't know about others but I gladly gave a donation in thanks for the effort put into this app. We should all give 'em a little something for the super-human effort.
You should be able to use this on your phone.
Last edited by mobilexile; 03-01-2008 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
03-01-2008, 11:20 AM #235"Preparing iPhone for restore..."
I've read the thread and decided to take the plunge and go for it... and now I'm sitting here endlessly waiting for iTunes to restore my iPhone?
Just to clarify:
I have iTunes 7.6.1 on Leopard - I've downloaded ZiPhone and I'm ready to go... so I plug my iPhone into my cpu and sync with iTunes one last time, then hit RESTORE. The prompts take me through varies warnings and questions... one of which was would you like to Back Up your phone, which I said yes too. Now I'm sitting here watching as my computer seems to be stuck? "Preparing iPhone for restore..."
So while I'm waiting I read this...
Am I screwed?
8GB 1.1.2 OTB, 4.6BL
Running on Stealthsim
Any suggestions anyone?
03-01-2008, 11:23 AM #236
My "youtube" and "mail" arent working , am i missing something?
I did the "reset all settings" with no success.
anyone with solutions?
03-01-2008, 11:36 AM #237
this program do it for you .
all the things that you must do is:
1) restore your iphone to 1.1.4 with iTunes.
2)open the program and click on the first button.
3)have good time with your 1.1.4 iphone
03-01-2008, 11:38 AM #238
I would also like to know of the success with OTB 1.1.4 as I plan to buy my iphone nest week but don't want to waste the journey, time and money if I will not be able to unlock it properly and use it. Anyone out there have experience with OTB 1.1.4?
03-01-2008, 11:53 AM #2391.1.2 -> 1.1.4 Roadmap: Help For All
Just wanted to inform everyone of the process I used to get a perfectly working 1.1.4 phone.
What I Had:
Computer: MacBook running OS X 10.5.2
iTunes: 7.6 (automatic sync and updates OFF)
iPhone Environment: 1.1.2 jailbroken, activated, unlocked (anysim 1.1.2u)
1) Backed up iPhone (manually got my notes, app prefs, summerboard themes, etc through SSH FTP)
2) In iTunes with my iPhone connected, I clicked update, it searched for the 1.1.4 update and began downloading it. I disconncted my phone and waited for it to finish. It gave me an error because it wanted to update my phone but I had removed it.
3) Plugged in my phone again, and did an option+restore to 1.1.4.
4) When it finished, I put the phone into DFU mode and restored once more.
5) When it was finished and iTunes said that my phone had an invalid SIM, I left iTunes open and opened ZiPhone 2.5 (OSX).
6) Clicked 'do it all' (jailbreak, activate & unlock)
7) In a few minutes (holy crap!) it was done! I quit iTunes, disconnected my phone, and set my General iPhone prefs.
8) Went to installer and installed BSD subsystem, restarted installer, then installed openSSH, added iClarified, CopyCoders & Planet-iPhone sources, and Community Sources
9) Synced as A NEW PHONE in iTunes (only my mail, contacts, bookmarks & calendars)
10) Tested out all the apps- No issues in any apps (NO problems with YouTube OR Mail) but there was an issue with Safari. Safari had the same bug as in 1.1.3, where you have to SSH to /private/var/mobile/Library/Cookies and change the permissions on the folder to 777 (or 755, if you're frugal) to have Safari store cookies properly.
11) Copied my notes back over to the phone, and again, you need to change the ownership to mobile from root to edit it, or simply give it a 777 file permission (I suspect this is because of the 1.1.2 setup I had). Same goes for other backed up files- give mobile the permissions or change the file/folder permissions to 777 and everything will be fine.
12) Installed several apps in installer, and changed my system version when needed to get and test 1.1.3 apps (ssh to /System/Library/CoreServices) and edit the SystemVersion.plist file to show 1.1.3 in a file-encoding sensitive text editor (I used TextWrangler). Install the 1.1.3 apps, and then change it back and reboot.
13) Used the 1.1.4 modified Summerboard available at ********************, installed themes easily- no issues
14) App list (so far):
- AFP with Bonjour
- Apollo (installed the IM Chat 1.1.3 Fix)
- Summerboard + themes
- Taskbar Notifier (1.1.3 & 1.1.4 version)
- Contacts | HomeScreen
- Weather Icon Fix (to be able to have the Weather.app icon change when themes change)
- BossPrefs 1.55 (& AFP Control, Screenshot Control)
15) Finished syncing the rest of my media... and I was done!
Hope this helps others!
Below: My 1.1.4 Phone on Fido in Canada with the Chalkwork theme installed:
Last edited by sentient_robot; 03-01-2008 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Edits for thoroughnessThey say that freedom isn't free, but these days it's become the most damn expensive thing in the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to sentient_robot For This Useful Post:
03-01-2008, 12:06 PM #240jailbreak?????
i did the whole process with ziphone after updating to 1.1.4 and everything works perfect...except for jailbreak!!
now i cant use my iphonebrowser or ibrickr
yes i know there's something u need to install from installer (i.unlock.no source...i read every thread possible) but since im in serbia i dont have edge settings, i tried over wifi too and nothing.....so installer is completely out of the question with helping.
anybody know how to jailbreak 1.1.4 any other way???