+ Reply
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ZiPhone 2.5 for 1.1.4 Firmware Has Been Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i have a otb 1.1.2, jailbroken once, then restored to stock 1.1.3. Now running 1.1.4, can i simply run ziphone and save all my backed up data, settings, user data,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default plain and simple
    i have a otb 1.1.2, jailbroken once, then restored to stock 1.1.3. Now running 1.1.4, can i simply run ziphone and save all my backed up data, settings, user data, texts, etc. thanks

vince

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbnhero View Post
    i have a otb 1.1.2, jailbroken once, then restored to stock 1.1.3. Now running 1.1.4, can i simply run ziphone and save all my backed up data, settings, user data, texts, etc. thanks

vince
    why dont u just create teh backup through itunes? click sync and it usually creates teh backup for you if you want to make sure that it actually did create it you can go to edit then prefrences then syncing on itunes and check that it says your iphones name and it says the date is today and then the time and if it does then you can restore with safety that your texts etc are saved in a back up

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyone View Post
    you sit and stare at it and think to yourself: "why didn't I read ziphone.org where it specifically says:

To iPod Users:
    I haven't forgot about you.
    I still have to receive the iPod.
    As soon as I receive it I will
    Inspect the problem and let you know.

?". If the creator of the GUI hasn't inspected the problem yet, I don't even know what to tell you. You could try to put the iPod in DFU mode and restore back to 1.1.3. But I don't even know why you get that. I'd sit on your hands and wait for Zibri to say something.

Sorry to be so blunt but I really don't understand how people throw away $250+ worth of electronics without doing a little bit of research.
    hahaha thanks but i figured it out...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Also, I found that updating Installer to 3.0b10 helps some permissions issues for 1.1.3/4. You have to manually install thru SSH and find the link somewhere to download it.

As for the SSH password, the user can either be root or mobile, and the password for either remains alpine. AFAIK, the passwd feature still doesnt work yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Followed the instructions and was jailbreaked/activated and unlocked within a couple of minutes. Phone was originally 1.1.1 and then upgraded to 1.1.2 and 1.1.3.

So far a couple of previous issues (no youtube and no access to yahoo mail) have been resolved. Signal strength on T-Mobile has improved. Overall a very successful upgrade (so far!)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sailorguido View Post
    There is a new password for SSH?

Also has anyone tested gpsPHONE or SNES4iphone on the new version?
    "alpine" as always. Also if you have problems with invalid keys try removing .ssh from your home directory first.

Thanks

my phone has no sound after jailbreaking with 1.1.4. im doing a restore and retrying. What should i install as soon as i jailbreak again?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i3fan8760 View Post
    OK i just tried to jailbreak my 8gb ipod touch and it didnt work! now im sitting on the terminal screen with "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" what do i do?!?! it wont let me do anything....
    Wow... look's like you're screwed. I suppose you didn't see the entry in Zibri's blog that states ipod isn't supported yet??? Stick it in DFU mode, downgrade to 1.1.3 and wait... While you are waiting use that time to do some research, maybe eat a sandwich

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Can I?
    I have a 1.1.1 OTB, it's currently 1.1.2 Jailbroken. Can I run Ziphone without any problems?

Thanks

Is it an iPhone or iPod Touch? If it's the former, then yes; If the latter, you need to learn how to read . My bet is it is the former, and you'll have no probs.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

any way to downgrade your modem firmware if it is 04.04.05_G If I wana stick with 1.1.3or 1.1.2 ??

also any confirmed 1.1.4 otbs ?

P$ don't post much but i love modmyi n modmymoto

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajrover View Post
    I have a 1.1.1 OTB, it's currently 1.1.2 Jailbroken. Can I run Ziphone without any problems?
    Yes. Mine was 1.1.1 unlocked and jailbroken. I "restored" to 1.1.4, ran ZiPhone and hit "Do It All" and it activated, jailbroke, and unlocked my iPhone with no problems.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I just tried earasing the baseband and it doesn't work. You really won't need to downgrade, no good reason. But I just tried it and it dosen't work. I hope Zibri will fix this option.
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I had an original 1.0.2 that has been jailbroken, activated, and unlocked to 1.1.2 with 04.02.13_G baseband. Should I update to 1.1.3 first before using ZiPhone to go to 1.1.4 or just restore right to 1.1.4 and then use the app?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedenbc View Post
    I had an original 1.0.2 that has been jailbroken, activated, and unlocked to 1.1.2 with 04.02.13_G baseband. Should I update to 1.1.3 first before using ZiPhone to go to 1.1.4 or just restore right to 1.1.4 and then use the app?
    i had 1.0.2 and just updated to 1.1.4 via iTunes and unlock/activate/jailbreak via ZiPhone and works.....jailbreak is still giving me problems tho....iphonebrowser wont recognize it as jailbroken???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have 1.1.2 OTB which was earlier upgraded to 1.1.3 n unlocked using ZIPHONE 2.2... now i have restored it to 1.1.4 and unlocked using ZIPHONE 2.5...

1) iTunes is showing 190 mb OTHER files so is it just another iTunes glitch...

2) I had a alotta softwares and games which all are gone now so they are completely erased or they r still there in the iphone and its just the icons which have disappeared...

Everything is working fine... just had theses questions in mind...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    just keep ur finger on the screen on the icon for 5 secs --->>then all the icons will start shaking ,now press the "X" on the zibri icon and select delete.
    Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hi guys I have a question.
    I had 1.0.2 and I install summer board and custemize from ibrikr.
    yesterday I update my iphone to 1.1.4 .the icones of the summer board and custemize are gone , are they deleted or the icon was missing?
    what should I do. plz help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    hi guys I have a question.
    I had 1.0.2 and I install summer board and custemize from ibrikr.
    yesterday I update my iphone to 1.1.4 .the icones of the summer board and custemize are gone , are they deleted or the icon was missing?
    what should I do. plz help
    If you go a google search or read through this read, you will find that Summerboard and Customize don't support 1.1.4, they only work up until 1.1.3.

You have two choices. Either wait for those apps to be updated to work with 1.1.4 or use this technique to make trick them into working with your 1.1.4 phone:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32057

20. The Following User Says Thank You to weedenbc For This Useful Post:

ardalan (03-01-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedenbc View Post
    If you go a google search or read through this read, you will find that Summerboard and Customize don't support 1.1.4, they only work up until 1.1.3.

You have two choices. Either wait for those apps to be updated to work with 1.1.4 or use this technique to make trick them into working with your 1.1.4 phone:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32057
    Yes,

this trick works perfect!

I did it yesterday and summerboard brings style back to my iPhone
    If I could help you with my answer give me a