Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Richard|Solo 1800: New Backup Battery for iPhone/iPod

Default Richard|Solo 1800: New Backup Battery for iPhone/iPod

Richard|Solo produced a backup battery for the iPhone a few months ago, but now they have unveiled a new and improved version. The battery provides more power for iPod and iPhone owners and comes with some features that simply out do the competition.

The battery now more firmly attaches to the iPhone/iPod via a specially designed mechanism. The battery has 1800 mAh capacity, that’s 50% more than the old model that maintained a 1200 mAh capacity. Also, there's an optional plastic support brace that cuts down the lateral force on the battery connector…this is especially nice if you want to use the iPhone while charging it with the new model.

Richard|Solo 1800 comes equipped with a dual-port USB car charger and an AC wall charger that features a retractable cord that does not tangle easily in tight storage areas.

However the features that have everyone talking and separate the Richard|Solo 1800 from its competition are two built-in lights, a white LED flashlight and a red laser pointer.

The Richard|Solo 1800 is selling for $69.95. If you need or use a backup iPhone/iPod battery often this seems to be a very good option.

Source: Richard|Solo 1800: More of everything! - The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW)
    AppleChic

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AppleChic For This Useful Post:

CaptainChaos (11-11-2008)

Yes!!!! First post!!!!!
    This looks like a very good charger for the iPhone, but I think it costs too much.
    If it was any cheaper I would definitely buy it.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

But can it open a can of pork and beans.....I think not

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

cricketlang (11-10-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    But can it open a can of pork and beans.....I think not
    it can if you smash that on the can several times... haha.
    this is a pretty good option especially since i use my phone most of the time.

OLD INFO I forgot where to get this again. Link?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't really care for it. Its a big bulky extra. At first thought it looked like it attached to the iphone and wasn't a whole iphone aside from it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^^ Lol ditto!!

Its too big. It should have been wider and shorter. Not so long.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AppleChic View Post
    However the features that have everyone talking and separate the Richard|Solo 1800 from its competition are two built-in lights, a white LED flashlight and a red laser pointer.
    It does separate it from competition AND have me talking, except all I am saying is these features are nigh pointless.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

**EDIT (cpjr - Profanity)**! that thing looks slick as **EDIT (cpjr - Profanity)**. i totally want one of those. i dont think that thing is big at all for a backup battery. i would definately buy that

CPJR **Lets keep that at 0%**
    Last edited by cpjr; 11-10-2008 at 10:11 PM.

I'm not into the way it extends from the bottom making the phone that much longer. I suppose if I was going to plug it in and set it down then maybe...
    It seems like there's no real winner as far as size. Units that mirror the phone footprint make it like brick size and this one makes it really long. Where's the year long battery life, invisible, and weightless model? THEN we'll be happy

not really cool, its like having a super long and wide usb device sticking out of the iphone

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The lights are a cool feature.

A cool feature, I thought it hugged the ipod. Who would actually use this when it looks like that? It's not very practical.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by headlesslizard View Post
    A cool feature, I thought it hugged the ipod. Who would actually use this when it looks like that? It's not very practical.
    I thought it hugged it too. thats just plain ridiculous. and the features are nothing to get too excited with. I would much rather prefer a flash for my camera than a laser pointer and flashlight
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on twitter-@danvicente

great battery...using it now and delighted with its performance...

cool is that a laser also

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I tried this type and dumped it, having something sticking out the bottom is asking for trouble. I almost bent it once, which was enough. they type that enclose the phone is a netter approach.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Green Apple
    Thanks

In that form factor....it will never be a valid solution for short battery life.