Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screenies of Podcast Downloads & AppStore Categories in iPhone f/w 2.2

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default Screenies of Podcast Downloads & AppStore Categories in iPhone f/w 2.2
    Schimanke has leaked some new photo's of the new podcast download feature in firmware 2.2 that we previously wrote about. As expected it appears that the Podcasts can be downloaded from the iTunes store over the iPhone's 3g connection.

Whether or not these podcast downloads will work over edge for iPhones with out the 3g connection has not been confirmed but I'll take a wild shot in the dark and say there is no question. Yes. Also according to schimanke Apple will be limiting Podcast downloads to 10mb per podcast. Seems a little small but that's the rumor.

On to the AppStore updates. Looks like the categories feature in the AppStore will be updated a bit in look but not functionality. No major difference, just a little more breathing room between the categories and some little icons to make things look pretty.

Since I can see the future I will answer the first 10 replies to this thread. No copy paste to mention. No MMS.

[schimanke via appleinsider]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

Tuna_Oddfellow (11-07-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    """""Quote"""""Since I can see the future I will answer the first 10 replies to this thread. No copy paste to mention. No MMS."""""Quote"""""

I Honestly cant see Apple adding Copy&Paste funtionality, I Mean we have seen so many updates with not even a HINT of this feature. As much as i would like to see it, Its not going to happen any time soon.

Maybe by firmware 10.0.0.0.9.2 they might give us a buggy Copy & Paste function

And as for MMS, Your having a laugh. Haha

Blahhhhhhhhh

Do you know if there are any GPS changes or additions?

Thanks

Ok, why havent they been smart enough to sort individual categories even further? I mean, who in their right mind is going to search to the bottom of 1500+ games for an app?!

In addition, I think they need to sort apps by price both within the individual categories and as a whole.

Your thoughts?
    -JLB

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    Since I can see the future I will answer the first 10 replies to this thread.
    Sweet! So when will the update be available?
    If my post was helpful to you, hit the thanks button!

I noticed this morning that they made the catgories section even worse for getting your app exposed- it only downloads 25 apps at a time, so you have to keep clicking "25 more" now. Bad news for anybody whose app isn't in the 25 newest.

yay! I might actually start listening to podcasts now!

The Appstore really needs some more improvement. There are just too many apps to browse through, and not nearly enough filtering options.
    ================================
    Happily hacking my iPhone since 1.0

Don't forget, it is polite to say Thank you!
    ================================

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tsunami78 For This Useful Post:

Tuna_Oddfellow (11-07-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

The 10mb or less is to enable the download when you are on the AT&T network. Otherwise for anything larger you have to (currently) be on wifi or download it from your computer.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ASar08 View Post
    Sweet! So when will the update be available?
    hahaha nice one

Quote Originally Posted by davidmdowning42 View Post
    I noticed this morning that they made the catgories section even worse for getting your app exposed- it only downloads 25 apps at a time, so you have to keep clicking "25 more" now. Bad news for anybody whose app isn't in the 25 newest.
    yeah it pretty much kills off many good apps from being noticed without unnecessary searching

any word on apples push service????

i agree with everyone on the organization of appstore and other things. Copy and paste would just be too cool and too common of a feature to add. Why doesnt apple listen to its customers and start adding things that over 80% is asking for? i mean copy and paste.....is that so much to ask for? i had a piece of crap phone that did that. Cmon apple....you can do better

id like an update all funcion, its a pita to have to click update wait for it to go to the homescreen go back wait for it to load the updates section and repeat, especially 9 times

Thanks

i wonder when apple will let us receive picture messages or even forward a text. if apple could do those two things the iphone would be perfect.

whens 2.2 coming out anyway?

werid how the top swirly thing is on the right of the time
    iPod Touch 2G jailbroken (untethered)
    Macbook Pro 3GB ram 2.5 GHz Colorwared Black with Red Apple Logo
    iMac 2GB ram 2.6 GHz
    HP Touch Smart 2GB ram

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

People, just stop asking for MMS, C&P, SMS forwarding, Video recording,Bluetooth file sending and every other feature a normal phone has. As much as I want these things soooo bad, Apple aren't going to put them in.

If you want all these you might aswell move over to Windows Mobile, which is a lot better, I think anyway.

Sure the iPhone looks good but it lacks heck of a lot of features, all I can say it is a fashion statement especially the 2G iPhone as the 3G iPhone is just toooo common, so the 3G iPhone is not cool and it lacks features. The 3G iPhone can't be ever cool.

Apple, stop putting in features that I'm never going to use and put features that I will and will cause more people to buy the iPhone such as zoom in Camera, C&P which would also allow SMS forwarding then, sorta.
    Hmmm whether to buy Xperia X1 or Samsung T*Omnia........

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

does this mean we'll be able to use the iTunes store on a 3g connection now? Any news of a widescreen SMS mode?