Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Production Decreasing?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhone Production Decreasing?
    Apple had a very good 3rd Quarter. 4th quarter may not be so hot. Analyst Craig Berger initially estimated a cut of 10% in iPhone production for fourth quarter but has re-evlauated his original estimates based some new and more recent "checks." IT now appears that the iPhone production will be dropping a more significant 40% for fourth quarter.

While it can be interpreted as less iPhones selling that may not be the case. Apple could have a lot of stock and inventory still from 3rd quarter production that will continue being shipped out and sold at normal rates during 4th quarter. Also production and sales figures don't reflect each other perfectly so Apple could continue selling high volumes of iPhones through out 4th quarter.

On the other hand this could also indicate Apple expecting less sales of the iPhone due to the economic issues. As Berger notes:

"That the firm's iPhone production plans are being revised lower suggests that the global macroecomomic weakness is impacting even high-end consumers, those that are more likely to buy Apple's expensive gadgets, and that no market segment will be spared in this global downturn. This is a negative signal for global demand, in our view."

I'd tend to agree with Berger's analysis. Worse economy = less money being spent on fancy electronic toys = less iPhone sales. It's a pretty basic conclusion to come to and not unexpected. Not even the "Jesus Phone" is immune to the economy.

[via alleyinsider]

1st comment!!! thats gay =P i heard that new iphones in different colors would become available in december... i dont think it will happen though

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I predicted this in another thread. People just aren't going to justify the costs when their budgets tighten.

Hopefully they are just gearing up to release another version of the phone though. I have just now gotten used to having the 3G phone so it is close to the time for them to 'make' me want the newest

well people bought iphones like me and realised they actualy suck!
    2mpx camera like we are in 2001... no flash,no bluetooth, have to use crapy itunes to transfer music + itunes makes stupid folders has to have all "synced", cant delete imported photos from phone,OS bugs and crashes,dropped calls,Agps (wtf)??, no video recording,no flash,no java.... ect. so why would you want 1??
    I have my iphone 3g from the date it was released and im not satisfied at all! i want it to be a pc not a crappy phone that i could buy back in 2001!

No wonder people dont want em anymore! also european union banned apple to import them because of unremovable battery!

Since i bought an iphone to use the feautures that i stated above im VERY VERY unsatisfied! im waiting for some 1 to code a better os for iphone or even to put windows mobile on it!
    Its not that im a windows fan boy but the device misses A LOT of funcionality besides that it looks good... but i dont settle with the "IT LOOKS GOOD" thing.. i want to actualy use it!

example the samsung omnia has all those feautures that i stated but it doesnt look as good as the iphone! thats too bad..
    also iphones are very expensive gadgets!
    its like people buying macbooks example the new 17' inch macbook 2799$ has the same configuration as the Alienware notebook for 1299$ and you put os x on it because the configuration is the same! actualy alienware even comes with more ram and 650gb more hdd space than the macbook for even less price! people finaly get the idea that its all about the OS from APPLE or OS from MS!
    Apple did not invent anything besides the case and os the components inside the iphone and mac's are intel,gigabyte,kingmax and so on if you get what i mean...
    Their prices are just WAY to big!

Its like buying a Ferrari for 500.000$ or buy the SAME Ferrari from apple for 900.000$ but you can put the same tires on the custom 1 or the 1 you bought from apple!

I know its kinda funny to compare it like this but its the way it is why people dont buy apple's products! its normal! they sale will decrese and keep falling if their price is that high!
    Last edited by sale666; 11-04-2008 at 08:26 AM.
    No Spam - ajl917

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sale666 For This Useful Post:

iBwizzle (11-05-2008)

it had to happen sometime...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Wow sale666, that is a well thought out analysis of the situation. If that gets out, people will trash their iPhones and get a real WM phone. Then this site will close down, all of the Apple stores will close down, Steve will be throwing bags for JetBlue, and everyone will be happy again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 02589 For This Useful Post:

cricketlang (11-04-2008)

The iphone had its time. Once its release all other phone manufacturers wanted to compete and were able to before the iphone got too big (companies tried to compete with the ipod but couldnt do it before it got too big but it didnt work) i also think that apple will make one final attempt with the iphone by porting it over to cdma (or a non-sim card based carrier) This will allow Apple to have thier shot at ALL wireless companies. If you agree just hit that button

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

bruinsrme (11-04-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Sales666 is absolutely correct.
    Dell invented the PC didn't they or was it Diamond (remember them)

Actually these types of posts make me laugh. Trolls against a product rant how much the product sucks on a site providing information about the product.

Anyway I'm off to Mcdonalds to tell everyone how much Whopper sucks

i was just being realistic and that the way it is! i cant do anything if your stupid enough to buy the same thing for a higher price!

want to buy my iphone for 10.000$ apple sells them for 200$ but hey you go ahead and buy mine! thats the main thing why apple even survies because of dum people buying it at high price!

APPLE did not invent anything besides OS! got that?
    iPod
    iPhone
    iMac
    Macbook

NONE of them contain apple's hardware in it! NONE!
    so why would i buy the same hardware for a higher price?

Would you buy a Seagate baracuda 500GB hard drive for 500$?
    you would if apple sticked their apple sticker on it! (thats exactly what they done!)
    but you can get it in any shop for 100$!
    still you would buy it!
    why? because you know nothing about hardware,computers and electronic systems...

I am not bashing apple here!
    i think their os is good for a media user!
    and it looks good!

But i would never buy their products if i wouldt want to mod it!
    because they do not include A LOT of feutures that i need or any advanced user!

Example
    iMac that starts at 1199$
    and the hardware is preaty week!

Now take a look at the configuration from tigerdirect for the price at 1199$ + you can put os x on it if you desire!
    Processor Speed: Q6700 / 2.66GHz

Memory Size: 2 x 1024MB DDR3

GPU/VPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

Capacity (GB): 1000

+ motherboard is Ultra SLI nforce 790i (dont think its compatible with os x, should chose a motherboard thats inside a mac,but this one is really nice =))

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...IN#detailspecs

(just i something is custom built it doesn't mean its a windows computer! a computer is a computer no matter what operating system you gona put on it!
    as far as apple released their "boot camp" apple's devices where able to do that even before! its a computer! you select first boot device CD/DVD and tadaaa you are booting a new os that you burned on the cd/dvd!)

+ you still have some cash to get a monitor... now compare that to the mac.. lol that configuration eats it for launch! or you buy a lil bit cheaper config and pursche yourself a os x box 129$ or torrent it and TADA! you hava a VERY POWERFULL MAC!
    o wait its all about the looks right? hmmm never mind if it takes me 7 hours to compress a 4 gb video but hey it looks good!
    never mind if my calls drop 50 times a day hey it looks good! never mind if my iphone locks and requires itunes to unlock again and i just missed a buissnes life important deal! HEY IT LOOOOKSSS GOOOOD!

But hey apple relies on idiots like you so go ahead buy the same hardware while they laugh at you!
    Last edited by sale666; 11-04-2008 at 02:44 PM.
    No Spam - ajl917

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sale666 For This Useful Post:

iBwizzle (11-05-2008)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

If it wasn't for the games on the iPhone, I would have switched over to Windows Mobile a while back!!
    Why the hell would I buy a 3G if I got an original iPhone:-

The 3G has a plastic back, feels cheap, no external memory slot, the camera is still 2MP, has only one speaker and the 3G is limited to around 1.4Meg

The only way Apple are going to survive is if they open up the iPhone ALOT more to developers so any app can be allowed as long as it does no harm and upgrade the iPhone hardware.

I'm here in UK, for the past 5 years, 90% of the phones here have had a 3.2MP -5MP camera, MMS, proper GPS 3G with speeds capable upto 7.2Meg and heck of a lot more features.

Apple just need to deliver an MASSIVE software update that allows MMS, Video recording, C&P, Bluetooth file sharing, ability to email any kind of file, a proper file browser, flash, Java, in other word every other feature a normal phone would have, otherwise Apple will never survive in the mobile market.
    And a newer iPhone with better hardware such as 2 speakers, 5MP camera, metal body etc. The Samsung Omnia has all these features and so it can be done, otherwise the iPhone will barely surivive.

I want to leave my iPhone sooooo badly for an Samsung Omnia, but sadly I have some messages from a very special girl that I would always like on my phone FOREVER, I know with the iPhone you can transfer them to a newer iPhone whilst on other phones you can't
    If there's a way to move my SMS's from an iPhone to Omnia, tell me please.
    That's my thought's anyway.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 11-04-2008 at 03:07 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

iBwizzle (11-05-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I want to leave my iPhone sooooo badly for an Samsung Omnia, but sadly I have some messages from a very special girl that I would always like on my phone FOREVER, I know with the iPhone you can transfer them to a newer iPhone whilst on other phones you can't
    If there's a way to move my SMS's from an iPhone to Omnia, tell me please.
    That's my thought's anyway.
    UH....... Why not ask her to send you the same message again to your new phone? Don't worry about her thinking you're corny becuase the fact that you don't want to get a new phone because of a message you have on it proves that you are in fact a cornball anyway. So just embrace you corniness and have the nice young lady write the message again and send it to your brand new, up to date, feature rich phone

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Dizz For This Useful Post:

iBwizzle (11-05-2008)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Thanks for all the great reasons to ditch the iPhone. Look for it soon on ebay under bruinsrme.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Thanks for all the great reasons to ditch the iPhone. Look for it soon on ebay under bruinsrme.
    lol sorry man but its the truth! find any phone thats new on the market that has a camera less than 3.2 mpx! o wait we still have the iphone the winner ...
    or bluetooth file transfer!
    I mean c mon! lets combine a multi touch screen with an OS older than 8 years and hadware older than 5 years and what you get? iphone 3g!

its really dum dum dum!
    i do not understand why didnt they build it proprely! however im waiting to mod my iphone with another os beside apple's...

And to that guy who wants to transfer sms any phone that can connect to the pc can transfer sms! just get a pc suite!
    No Spam - ajl917

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Don't look too hard.
    The camera is adequate. I have a Canon Rebel for real picture taking.
    Jailbreaking has given me a wide variety of programs that defintely meet my needs.
    Email is adequate.
    itunes is adequate and does what I need.
    the only thing that the doesnt meet my desires is the texting. Oh well.

There isn't a cell phone camera out there that can outperform my canon rebel nor can my canon out perform any cell phone out there.

I talked 38 minutes on my phone in 3 months, loaded over 500 pictures on to it, take about 40, tons of apps and songs, used nearly a gig of data in short time. The internet speed is adequate but if it was faster it would be even better.

I have gotten more use out of the iphone than my other 3g based phones.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Wow sale666, that is a well thought out analysis of the situation. If that gets out, people will trash their iPhones and get a real WM phone. Then this site will close down, all of the Apple stores will close down, Steve will be throwing bags for JetBlue, and everyone will be happy again.
    hahaha, this is why I love online discussions - half of the people that read this will completely miss the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    Sales666 is absolutely correct.
    Dell invented the PC didn't they or was it Diamond (remember them)

Actually these types of posts make me laugh. Trolls against a product rant how much the product sucks on a site providing information about the product.

Anyway I'm off to Mcdonalds to tell everyone how much Whopper sucks
    You'll probably be applauded, since the Whopper is sold by Burger King...

Anyways, I'm always astounded by how many people complain about the camera ... in their phone. Also how people quote the MP count as the absolute measurment of quality. You can have 21MP camera but if the lens is only 3mm wide your pictures will still look like sh*t and the camera will constantly struggle to get enough light. Think about the fact that before HD most TV programs were broadcasted at 320 x 240 or 640 x 480. The pictures your iphone takes are 1200 x 1600. I understand that these are very different technologies, but it's still worth noting.

Anyways, did you honestly not know that the iPhone didn't have flash?? If you did any amount of research about the iPhone you would be able to find out all of its limitations. And even still, in the US at least, you get 30 days to return the phone. And even THEN, you can always sell it on ebay, and likely with no loss, or even for more than you bought the phone in the first place. Personally, I love my iPhone. Yes, it pisses me off sometimes, but it does a hell of a lot more than my old RAZR did, and I don't regret getting it in the least. If you aren't happy with yours, return it or sell it, you will accomplish nothing by coming here and complaining it. The iPhone isn't for everyone.

Anyways, getting back to the thread topic, I think the ball is really in AT&T's court at this point, at least as far as the US sales go. With the subsidy, the iPhone is very reasonably priced, but the cost of an individual plan can easily be >100 per month, and that is really the killer in most situations. Tho, you can always get a group of friends together on a 'family plan'. It works!

look willy i didnt buy the iphone because i thought it had all of that i was aware it didnt! i bought it because im gona mod it to be a computer that i will use! as far as other stuff i was only saying its sad nothing modern is included in the actual phone! if they made a deal with samsung to take their processor they could have asked for the camera too! why not?
    if you get my point... about the lens i know it can take a picture up to 1200x1600 however the lens is small but there are a lot of lens that are even smaller and provide HQ picture!
    This is a low quality lens no dobut! Ever seen vario tessar lens? they offer a lot better quality and no flicker that happens to the iphone!
    As iphone is made from parts of other companies why didnt they make it at least a respectable phone thats "up to date"... thats the question that bothers me...

Its like building a gameing computer
    XFX ultra board , 3 way sli GTX280, 8 GB DDR3 ram 2000mhz!
    But IT HAS A 1.5 ghz CELERON ON IT so its useless!
    Get my point?
    Last edited by sale666; 11-05-2008 at 07:48 AM.
    No Spam - ajl917

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I hope Apple has been working for some time on getting away from AT&T. The same people who brought me their 1st Gen. to JB and UL for TMobile came to me asking about the 3G and if I could get them on TMobile, I had to tell them nope. When they bought their 1st gen. they soon dumped AT&T, and absolutely would never ever go back to them. So 3G phones didnt sell. Now they come to me with their G-1's asking what I can do with them.
    2 Main reasons:
    3G speeds
    Fully supported carrier phone

I think you get my point, and surely 20+ people in Dallas dont make a difference, but surely these arent the only people in one small group around the entire country who wouldnt and didnt buy a 3G phone because of AT&T.
    Apples to Apples (hehe pun-age) AT&T service, cost and customer care just do not compare with TMobile.

I know this is a useless rant, and I tried to cram paragraphs worth of a discussion into this little post. I will eventually dump the iphone for good until this changes and HTC makes a better phone than their current G1. Google OS wont die and there will be a phone that kills the iPhone that I have full support from the carrier and all the features (and MORE) than I have with my iPhone.

So of course Apple's iphone sales are headed down, AT&T took advantage of the iphone craze and YOU the consumer. The plans are priced ridiculous, and this monopoly over other carriers with the iPhone, lowers quality of service, and price competition. AT&T has too much say over Apple on their phones, and will systematically dilute the iphone to the point of this article to start with. Look at the quality of the 3G compared to the 1st Gen. Its obvious.
    Last edited by Muggz5; 11-05-2008 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggz5 View Post
    .. Now they come to me with their G-1's asking what I can do with them.
    2 Main reasons:
    3G speeds
    Fully supported carrier phone
    Just a quick note on that the iphone cannot even reach the real 3g speed limit its limited to 1.4mbps and real HSDPA (or 3G if you prefer) speed is 7.2 Mbps..

And that 1.4 if you ever reach that speed ill jump of a bridge!
    maybe if you get 1m from the repetitor than you will be getting a 1.4mbps..
    No Spam - ajl917

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Man, it's about you people woke up and smelled the coffee! The 3G iPhone is garabage! Why you stick I still have my 2G on 1.14. If the 3G iPhone 2nd Gen doesn't include:
    -front video camera
    -mms
    -bluetooth A2DP
    -video record
    -copy & paste
    -background capability
    -3.0MP+ w/flash
    Then I'm not messin' with Apple anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by iBwizzle View Post
    Man, it's about you people woke up and smelled the coffee! The 3G iPhone is garabage! Why you stick I still have my 2G on 1.14. If the 3G iPhone 2nd Gen doesn't include:
    -front video camera
    -mms
    -bluetooth A2DP
    -video record
    -copy & paste
    -background capability
    -3.0MP+ w/flash
    Then I'm not messin' with Apple anymore!
    o ye you forgot the price of the iphone 3g lol...
    and doesnt include anything... im buying an samsung omnia now...
    but the main reason i will keep my iphone 3g is to turn it into a computer by changeing the os to a different one, also has a big scrren and it looks nice (roses also look nice want to buy them for 600€? lol)... still waiting for some 1 to do that os -.-
    No Spam - ajl917

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast