+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noise.io Feature Packed iPhone Synthesizer

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
[ame=http://www.vimeo.com/2086914]Noise.io - the iPhone Synthesizer on Vimeo[/ame] Now available on appstore Noise.io is an extremely full featured synth for your iPhone or iPod touch. It looks great, works well, and
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default Noise.io Feature Packed iPhone Synthesizer
    [ame=http://www.vimeo.com/2086914]Noise.io - the iPhone Synthesizer on Vimeo[/ame]

Now available on appstore Noise.io is an extremely full featured synth for your iPhone or iPod touch. It looks great, works well, and is feature packed. Completely feature packed.

Fact of the matter is that there is more in this App than I could even start to list or have the knowledge about synths to describe correctly or even identify. All I can say about it is that knowing nothing about DJing and synths etc I am impressed by this app and enjoy making sounds and baselines with it. In the hands of an experienced musician or DJ I have no doubt some amazing things could be done with Noise.io.

From the developer:
    Noise.io is capable of creating all kinds of melodic sequences, basses, leads, keys, bells, percussive sounds and sound effects. Designed by an experienced electronic musician, Noise.io makes it possible to create 303-like acid basslines or any other melodies using the buit-in sequencer, or jamming live in sync with the rhythm using the TapBPM feature. Extensive sound control possibilities are implemented - fingersliding, multitouch, accelerometer, velocity-sensitive dual keyboard and a modulation matrix. 9 factory preset banks are included: Azure Leads, Warping Basslines, Infinite Keys, Distant Bells, Touch the Bass, Strange Places, Klang Percussive, FX Pack 1, totalling in 81 presets. Noise.io utilizes an original synth technology called ESFM and features 3 generators, 2 filters, 3 LFO, 3 sequencers, 6 effects, unlimited presets, extensive user support and much more. Users are able to instantly share their banks with the community utilizing the on-line preset repository at the website Home - Noise.io - iPhone Synth - iPhone Synthesizer.
    The above doesn't even start to cover everything in this app. For the full feature list check here.

Did i mention it looks sweet? Some images from Noise.io:

The prices is a bit steep for people like me to just go fiddle around for awhile but for those interested in learning or musicians and DJs it is at a very resonable price of $9.99 (hardware synthesizers can cost hundreds to thousands of dollars).

Need Noise.io? Grab it on the AppStore.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

enjoi4586 (10-31-2008)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Not long before this gets cracked!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    You know its comments like this that piss me off. developers put a lot of time and energy into making apps, and that is why they charge for them, to recouperate the cost and gain the ability to learn more, have stronger gear to develop more, etc.

I think cracking is just lame, spend the 10 bucks and get it my god. The only reason I Jailbroke my iPhone was because there is a lot of apps that the appstore rejects that I like, and further more will pay for if need be outside of the appstore. Show some support to the people who work hard at getting something out there for the community and pay for it, stop cracking stuff.

I understand at times, there is a monopoly out there and paying a high price is harsh, ie adobe suite, but I mean, if you really intend to use it for its value, then pay the dollar. Maybe this is just my rant as a person who does development work and had my work cracked, stolen, and taken credit for by someone else, but still its not that much, none of the apps are, via appstore or community sources if they are payment required apps. But suck it up, and deal with the cost.

On the other hand if you trying it out, then ya I understand not wanting to pay for it, just like a car, need to test drive it before you buy it. But its not like the car dealerships let you take the car out for life on a test drive, you do eventually have to buy it.

Stop the cracking, enjoy and feed the development need!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rdwalsh For This Useful Post:

stan_the_man_123 (11-01-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default you're absolutely right...
    Hello, I am one of Noise.io's developers,

I just wanted to thank Cash7c3 for such an amazing review of Noise.io.

I am a musician myself and designed Noise.io to fulfil my needs. I tried to make everything as useful and understandable, as possible. I've had lots of live performances and I thought I could create something really useful for everybody, not just a crappy one-day toy.

Now the reviews show that I was not wrong. That really makes me feel happy.

Now regarding the piracy. If only you knew how much effort and money has been put into Noise.io. It has been in development since Spring.

Actually I invested all that I own to every last penny.

We know that sooner or later we will see Noise.io cracked, and I kindly ask everybody not to support pirated version of Noise.io, if that's possible. I'm not worring for the money, because now we've created an app that is useful for me, first of all.

It's just that we will not be able to update Noise.io, and finish other apps that are now in progress, if it starts to be pirated heavily.

Thank you for your understanding,
    ToyoBunko
    Noise.io's designer

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amidio For This Useful Post:

b3nny (11-01-2008), Gustavo Saliola (10-31-2008), Tuna_Oddfellow (11-02-2008)

Thanks

Yeah man U SUCK!!!! BIG TIME

I given up work to go back and study programming, I am a man with 2 children and one on the way and Ive given up my good job 2 learn to develop my skills to make apps and then people like you just get cracked software. I used 2 do it until i realised the sacrifice u need 2 make to do great work like noise.io, get a life & a job. Great work guys for this app and I will buy as a part time musician, even tho im not working

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i remember a year ago cracking was acceptable.
    No one is cryin about us cracking the iphone!
    besides, even with cracking these guys stand to make $250,000+ within the next month and every month after.
    i for one, think cracking should be allowed if only to test an appbefore u buy it since itunes only lets you buy and not demo.
    no company offers demos on their games, i know!!!
    but we have the iphone and have spent enough money already.
    we deserve the right to try it before we buy it!!!!
    LONG LIVE HACKERS!!!!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tattoojack For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (11-01-2008)

Thanks

Amazing review and a thumbs up to the developers. This looks like an AMAZING app. i buy like every app i want because i know (as a developer) the time and work it takes to make an application like this. i love the interface and cant wait to give it a shot. Once again nice job on the review Cash7c3. I look forward to more from you. And to everyone who is whining about the price of apps....your GAY. they cost as much as a large value meal at a fast food resturaunt. you are sad if you cant afford to try an app. Get a life and stop complaining. if you want a demo watch one that someone who BOUGHT it made on youtube. stop being little *******

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Damn, I was just about to get it from the AppStore, but I found out the iPhone needs to be 2.1. Mine's still on 2.02 b/c I don't want to change the baseband.

Nice looking app though! When I upgrade later, I'll pick this up!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Oh well

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I believe all of the stock firmware updates change your baseband - I'm not positive though.

Anyways, it's amazing to me that they are only charging $10 for this program, I would have expected it to be at least 25, if not more. You guys have done a fantastic job. Now if only I didn't have such fat fingers....

As for the first reply - where's dale when you need him???

Thanks

Excelent piece of work...Congrats to the Devs. Thanks for the review MMi.
    It's like a dreamed Portable Theremin for Vangelis or Jarre...(Dad's Music legacy...)

PD.: Saw the video, impressed, nice motion graphics, nice add, see lot of effort, and then "Waitin' for a Cracked bla bla..." Awwhh...It's like a headache...
    ...Please Admins, i know (and apreciate a lot) the effort taken on this site to manage, write, update, moderate... Just, delete this kind of post (Defcon 5) or delete the poster from the galaxy (Defcon 1)...

Saludos desde Buenos Aires, Argentina.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rota View Post
    If I'm remembering right, it was the initial 2.0, 2.01, or 2.02 that changed the baseband, 2.1 doesn't. Do the upgrade, it is extremely worth it to get away from the buggy previous version.
    Pretty certain 2.1 changes it, but I'm not sure whether mine is already updated to the one the dev team advised not to update to. Anyway just to play it safe for awhile I'll hold off on it. Not really too bothered with this f/w anyway. Still wish I could get a few of the apps that are 2.1+ only. This one especially. Perhaps I should screw it and just update....

Just out of curiosity, my friend might pick this up, but he was wondering exactly how user-friendly is it? More like how "beginner-friendly" is it?
    Last edited by snakedoc12; 11-01-2008 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Clarification

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

After trying the cracked version, I think there are some bugs in it still.
    The menu doesn't stay open, you have to keep your hand on the button and use your other hand to change it.

If you get a phone call whilst using the app, after the call has finished, the sound from the keys just disappear.
    I only tried the app for 2 minutes and then deleted it.
    Not even one day since this review was posted the cracked version appeared.
    You come to this site to know how to hack in to the iPhone, so why not just use cracked apps aswell??

Altering the iPhone software is just as illegal, which is what pwnage does(I think), you'll know if you read T&C's for the iPhone. I don't see O2 or AT&T crying that soo many people have unlocked their iPhones. Sure, hard work went into designing the iPhone aswell, after people unlocked it and tried it, why don't they go on an 18 or more month contract?
    Apple should make cracking apps harder then, but no cracking apps is getting easier.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 11-01-2008 at 11:22 AM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

i bought this app and its preety cool...its pretty confusion for me at this time..but over all its cool in my view..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    The prices is a bit steep for people like me to just go fiddle around for awhile but for those interested in learning or musicians and DJs it is at a very resonable price of $9.99 (hardware synthesizers can cost hundreds to thousands of dollars).
    Grab it on the AppStore.
    sure hardware synths can cost thousands of dollars, but even software synths like this for desktops cost hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

ex:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Propellerhead-99-101-0004-Reason-3-0/dp/B00080MJ0G]Amazon.com: Propellerhead Reason 3.0: Musical Instruments[/ame]

for professionals, this is pennies. i've seen lots of music apps pass by, but i've been waiting for one of these. can't wait to check it out...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Many people who are part of the modmyi community are here to advance technology, share creativity and show support to artists who create amazing applications. The work that goes into such an application is crystal clear from just watching the videos and reading the reviews.

Thank you for this application I can not wait to start using it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have nothing to say against such an advanced opinion

The menu doesn't stay open, you have to keep your hand on the button and use your other hand to change it.

If you get a phone call whilst using the app, after the call has finished, the sound from the keys just disappear.
    You come to this site to know how to hack in to the iPhone, so why not just use cracked apps aswell??

Altering the iPhone software is just as illegal, which is what pwnage does(I think), you'll know if you read T&C's for the iPhone. I don't see O2 or AT&T crying that soo many people have unlocked their iPhones. Sure, hard work went into designing the iPhone aswell, after people unlocked it and tried it, why don't they go on an 18 or more month contract?
    Apple should make cracking apps harder then, but no cracking apps is getting easier.

Thanks

Jailbreaking the phone is not at all illegal. Installing cracked apps is. End of story.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This is pretty sweet. Just when the appstore begins to get boring developers bring it to another level. Thank you very much for the time and effort put into this app.

Thanks

After trying the cracked version, I think there are some bugs in it still..
    Enough said, cracked version. Of course there will be bugs, good luck gettings support on them.

This site is not only meant for "cracking" the iPhone, there are a lot of useful reviews on many mac products, new postings about apple events etc. Get your facts straight.

You made this easier to say, you're an idiot. It is not illegal to unlock your iPhone, or any phone for that matter. The fact that apple/at&t/rogers/fido have locked them, is illegal according to the regulations put forth by the government on wireless mobility, fcc whatever you want to call it. The fact that they get around this, is through the exclusivity contracts they have created with AT&T. None of which is illegal, and software modifications can only void a warrantly, not cause legality issues. That is what the T&C's state. Please read up on that, you have purchased an item, and are allowed to do what you please with it, if you wish to continue to have support from the manufacturing company, then dont void the warranty stipulated by terms and conditions. That is all that is being said.

I'm all for people doing what they want, dont get me wrong. But all my point was in the origin, is someones put time and money into it, if you try a cracked version, and enjoy, buy it. Or dont get the crack and be an even better supporter and buy it right away. My god, what is 10 bucks, nothing, like someone already said, hardware and software synths for your computer already range at least 500 Minimum. I haven't had the pleasure of trying this app yet, but when I do purchase it, I will thouroughly enjoy it, as I master and reproduce music all the time, and have been looking for an app of this calibur since the iPhone came out.