Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-27-2007, 10:00 PM #1
Pogue answers common questions...
David Pogue answers a bunch of questions about the iPhone:
Answers to common questions:
- Speakerphone / Vibrate are weak
- One handed dialing? "Dialing the iPhone one-handed, though, is easy. As your fingers grasp the iPhone, your thumb is free to tap buttons, scroll lists and so on."
- No other company’s SIM card works in the iPhone.
- No voice memos, voice dialing or call recording
- Lacks video output to a TV
- No disk mode
- Can only use one of 25 preset ringtones
- iPhone can't be used as a wireless modem for your laptop
- Keyboard only rotates in landscape mode in Safari.
NYT (requires subscription) via MacRumors
Of course, the preset ringtones thing will change I assume when iTunes 7..3 is released on Friday, and the other company's SIM cards are just because its locked. The keyboard and wireless modem can also be easily updated via firmare hacks/updates.
Here's a pic from him on the keyboard in landscape mode.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
06-27-2007, 10:19 PM #2
Yeah I'm sure iTunes 7.3 will let you load your own ring tones to iPhone. And duh, of course you can't use another providers sim for a locked phone.