Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: More 2.2 Features. Podcast Downloads (rip-off?) and App Rating Popups (flawed)

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

ugh pop ups everywhere no thank you apple

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tetrion View Post
    Glad to see Apple's got their priorities right in this firmware upgrade... Hmm, ability to wifi transfer podcasts with the already implemented feature of doing it via usb, street view, and japanese sms icons...

Yet people are screaming for C&P, MMS, Bluetooth file transfer and A2DP, video recording...

Thankfully Jailbreaking gives me 90% of these features, albeit having to PAY for them!

Who here thinks that once Android comes out, ALL these features will magically appear in the next firmware upgrade???
    android is out so under your theory we should see all those features in firmware 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by bladednuisance View Post
    I disagree, I dont think that making you review an app when deleting would give an "unfair" rating, like you said, if your deleting it its not very good, therefore posting a bad review would bo perfectly fair.
    uh easy. Only people that don't like an app will be reviewing it. Some people hate an app while others love it. You'll only see the opinions of the people that didn't like it making a negative bias.

I.E. You like solitaire and think its a great game. I hate it. I delete it give it one star and say that it is retarded. You don't delete it never rate it so your opinion of solitaire being a great game is never shared. People only read that I hate it.

comprende?
    Last edited by Cody Overcash; 10-29-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    A simple fix would be to have the app rating popup after maybe 1-5 days of having the app installed... DONE, not difficult at all. Why would you force people DELETING an app to rate it? That is just not thinking...
    As perfect as that sounds those pop-ups to rate it would annoy me a lot. My solution: revert to the old way.

Hmm, I stand corrected... so why do you think Apple didn't include all this basic functionality? I for the life of me can't understand why only included half-baked phone functionality... I doubt the 'not impressed with the apps performance' line they give, as the jailbroken apps work very well.

Angry Bogus
    Apple is just anal about owning things. They want to claim all the good ideas as there own. if they want to release a great idea...why dont they freakin release copy and paste?! this whole ordeal is no surprise to me at all.

I have a feeling Apples gana announce something HUGE when they do make the copy/paste fix.... just to get more sells....

Yes, along with copy/paste, they will announce cut/delete!! You will get four options for the price of two, and the sun will shine again all over the world - but not at the same time because it will be nighttime in some parts of the world when it is daytime in others!!

Quote Originally Posted by xXxRomero View Post
    I have a feeling Apples gana announce something HUGE when they do make the copy/paste fix.... just to get more sells....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12