Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sonic Vox in time for Halloween

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,276 Times in 652 Posts

Default Sonic Vox in time for Halloween
    Smule the creators of Sonic Lighter have another interesting little app out called Sonic Vox. What Sonic Vox does is it changes your voice on the fly while you talk into the iPhone. The video below is a nice demonstration of the app in progress.

It looked intriguing so I grabbed a copy and tried it out. I was surprised that it was really able to change my voice in real time. I wasn't expecting the iPhone to have quite that much processing power capability.

What I like:
    • It really does work in real-time. No delay between your words and its output.
    • Easy to change the the pitch and echo over your voice with the touch screen controls left-right for pitch up-down for echo.
    • Great fun if you find a nice situation to use it in. My thoughts are it is just in time for halloween to scare kids that visit the house
    What I don't like:
    Basically everything I don't like has to do with the limitations Apple has placed on AppStore devs. This app would be totally brilliant if you could use it to make a phone call and change your voice to fool your friends when you call them etc. As is you need to hook your iPhone into an external speaker system and use the iPhone as a microphone -- hooking your iphone into the microphone port on your computer system for a VOIP call could be endlessly fun as well. Just talking into the phone and expecting the crappy phone speaker to provide any kind of decent feedback is completely unreasonable.

What I would like to see:
    A jailbroken version that doesn't have AppStore restrictions would be absolutely awesome. That's all there is to it.

Edit: Yes I realize that Spoof App for jailbreakers does everything I want. The problem is it routes your phone call through their servers and you have to buy minutes making it expensive to use. I want an app that does all the things above and makes the phone calls through my cell phone service which is already paid for .

You should buy this app if you have an external speaker system to plug your phone into and have an idea on what to use it for. It can be very entertaining and great fun. Unfortunately because of the Apple AppStore restrictions is isn't as brilliant as it could be which is a total shame . boo Apple

If you have a use or want it for a little entertainment you can grab Sonic Vox from the AppStore for $0.99 right here.

wow, thats kinda fun.

Banned
    Thanks

Yea, interesting but I wont pay for it.

i think theres a cydia app called "SpoofApp" or something..you should try it out

Spoof app lets you change your voice in real time and lets you change the phone number that you are calling from. I use it all of the time and love it.

Infraction given! No warez!
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-29-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't post your cracked links here, moron.

just downloaded vox...sucks...

mods, plz remove the cracked software link... -_-"

iPhone.iPhone].iPhone.iPhone.iPhone.iPhone.iPhone.iPhone.iPhone

horrible........
    doesn't even seem to work like he demonstrated........ it would just keep giving me a whining / hissing noise......

horrible........
    doesn't even seem to work like he demonstrated........ it would just keep giving me a whining / hissing noise......
    Last edited by MalayZN; 10-29-2008 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

cant you first call, and then start the app ? :P

Quote Originally Posted by MalayZN View Post
    horrible........

horrible........

Try it with your headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by IronRangeRaver View Post
    Spoof app lets you change your voice in real time and lets you change the phone number that you are calling from. I use it all of the time and love it.
    As far as I've tried, SpoofApp isn't free though... Correct me if I'm wrong

can u use this during phone calls?????????

What if you use backgrounder after starting the app then make a call with the iPhone headset.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 10-29-2008 at 09:34 PM.

i cant get it to work with or without the headphones

Quote Originally Posted by MalayZN View Post
    horrible........

horrible........
    exactly what i get
    Last edited by mobsta; 10-29-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    What if you use backgrounder after starting the app then make a call with the iPhone headset.
    wont work tried it

well i cleaned out my mic holes on da phone wit a piece of pencil led and it worked a lil wit no headphones just hard to hear cuz its right there but i tried headphones and comp speakers still didnt work ima try some otha speakers l8r maybe theyll work but idk

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by michoolyoung View Post
    wont work tried it
    oh man if u could call with it, i would pay for it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast