Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Jailbroke? iPhone Unleashed upgrade through iTunes and remain free

In the presence of enemies Pt. 1 by dream theater

they are my heroes!

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=HJDODbEkNbI&feature=related"]Best Progressive band in the PLANET[/ame]
    Last edited by T4R06; 02-29-2008 at 08:03 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T4R06 For This Useful Post:

bean22 (02-29-2008), King Chronic (03-01-2008), Napoleon_PhoneApart (03-08-2008)

marvelous work, but when released this miracle hehe.

its great, but unless they've figured out a way to permanantly jailbreak an iphone, even through future updates, this is just one of many ways to jailbreak...and isnt that revolutionary. Ziphone has the same effect, only it isnt through iTunes, and requires one click

not to dismiss it completly, it is pretty impressive managing to get the jailbreak to stick through a restore and update...i definately couldnt manage it! Hope to see more things to come from them! (and nice apple logo )

1.1.4 does work with ziphone man.

with the new unlock and jaibreak you keep your unlock if you were to upgrade again to same firmware. and he only shows firmware version which can be changed just by editing systemversion.plist under core services. if he were to show the modem firmware then i might believe it. i think its a fake..

I think it's fake too. At around 3:09 right before he shows the 'new' firmware the video jumps and cuts off part of the screen and then after he shows the 'new' firmware the screen jumps back to full again at around 3:17. Not sure what's going on here but it's very odd and screams hoax to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mrt2 View Post
    I think it's fake too. At around 3:09 right before he shows the 'new' firmware the video jumps and cuts off part of the screen and then after he shows the 'new' firmware the screen jumps back to full again at around 3:17. Not sure what's going on here but it's very odd and screams hoax to me.
    They cut of the screen to prevent people from seeing the phone's
    *serial number
    * wifi mac address
    *bluetoothe mac address
    * IMEI number

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo_Rei View Post
    its great, but unless they've figured out a way to permanantly jailbreak an iphone, even through future updates, this is just one of many ways to jailbreak...and isnt that revolutionary. Ziphone has the same effect, only it isnt through iTunes, and requires one click

not to dismiss it completly, it is pretty impressive managing to get the jailbreak to stick through a restore and update...i definately couldnt manage it! Hope to see more things to come from them! (and nice apple logo )
    I think you might be missing the point. Jailbreaking is not new at all. However, to do something to an iPhone that not even a direct Apple update can undo is the real genius. They are basically saying that they have more control over they're phone, then the people who made it...that's the way it should be. At least, that's what i take from it.

Thanks

Meh, not that cool.

How did they change the boot screen image

Quote Originally Posted by Mann22 View Post
    I think you might be missing the point. Jailbreaking is not new at all. However, to do something to an iPhone that not even a direct Apple update can undo is the real genius. They are basically saying that they have more control over they're phone, then the people who made it...that's the way it should be. At least, that's what i take from it.
    thats actually exactly my point working around a direct update/restore...genius! but as practicality goes, being able to work around this one individual update isnt exactly the best thing to happen to the iphone ever...

IF this were permanant regardless of what update you use, and were to work in future updates, then i'd be jumping up and down like a little girl and kissing the ground they walk on! as it stands though this seems like another clever way of jailbreaking/unlocking...and whilst yes, its very clever, the end result...we've been there, done that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you notice in that video. All they are doing is using a pre-patched ipsw file that is jailbroken/activated/unlocked. Just simply use Shift-click and you are as good as done. Well done devs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone A_SWELLGUY's Avatar
    Thanks

A pre-patched ispw makes perfect sense why hasn't any one come up with that? It makes perfect sense but is probably really hard to create. Any hoot I am still looking foward to this jail break method!
    iPhone: 16gb 2g
    firmware: 2.2.1
    Operating system: osx

duuuudeee thats fricking crazyyyyy

iPhone? More like MyPhone mwr_allen's Avatar
    Thanks

This looks like they have modified the actual iPhone software itself so it is already including the files needed that a "jailbeak" uses.

What does everyone else think.

How do they modify the apple logo? where is this file when looking in WinSCP?

Does this mean that if and when this method is released then it will be possible just to add the "apps" directly to the ipsw file from your computer so that the apps will already be on the phone at the end of the restore/upgrade so no need for using installer (it does take a long time if you want access to all the decent sources), thats assuming that all the apps would be available to download directly from the internet to your computer.

I saw a video interview with Steve Jobs answering a question about the security of the iPhone software saying that "its like a game of cat & mouse" and now it seems like the tables have turned, ironic.
    Last edited by mwr_allen; 02-29-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

well i thinks is quit an great job for, it's impressive how do they manage to hack the apple software ... im impress

but i have a question .. i jailbreak my ifone and now i have 1.1.3 so my question is this. what improvements does the 1.1.4 have on 1.1.3 ... and if there is, how big does this improvement change my phone... if there isn't one what is the reason for doing an upgrade to 1.1.4? thanks
    loving the mac life.

Quote Originally Posted by m_alexandro121 View Post
    well i thinks is quit an great job for, it's impressive how do they manage to hack the apple software ... im impress

but i have a question .. i jailbreak my ifone and now i have 1.1.3 so my question is this. what improvements does the 1.1.4 have on 1.1.3 ... and if there is, how big does this improvement change my phone... if there isn't one what is the reason for doing an upgrade to 1.1.4? thanks
    1.1.4 just fixes bugs from 1.1.3. With ZiPhone working with 1.1.4 now, you might as well just go to 1.1.4 and jailbreak it...

Quote Originally Posted by chronzz View Post
    they are still the easiest way to do things. who knows if this ever gets released since i think they are actually moding the firmware file and i think that is illegal
    1. It will get released

2. It will make things much easier

3. 'i think', are the key words here. Don't assume things.

The jailbreak did not 'stick' through the upgrade. That is not how it works at all. Wait until it comes out and you'll understand.

Quote Originally Posted by mrt2 View Post
    This is very far from fake my friend

Quote Originally Posted by sogo View Post
    Meh, not that cool.
    I guess that's just your opinion then

Quote Originally Posted by Jobs View Post
    How did they change the boot screen image
    It is a part of the restore file

thats actually exactly my point working around a direct update/restore...genius! but as practicality goes, being able to work around this one individual update isnt exactly the best thing to happen to the iphone ever...

IF this were permanant regardless of what update you use, and were to work in future updates, then i'd be jumping up and down like a little girl and kissing the ground they walk on! as it stands though this seems like another clever way of jailbreaking/unlocking...and whilst yes, its very clever, the end result...we've been there, done that
    I see what you are thinking, but this is not just an exploit for one update file. In fact, the update file is not even the thing that makes this work, the only thing modified is the system partition to add Installer.app, the modified fstab, and a patched lockdownd to it.

Quote Originally Posted by A_SWELLGUY View Post
    A pre-patched ispw makes perfect sense why hasn't any one come up with that? It makes perfect sense but is probably really hard to create. Any hoot I am still looking foward to this jail break method!
    Nope, not really that hard if you know what you are doing. If you were not aware, there is a lot of signature checking and the like when a restore file is being loaded in iTunes
    Last edited by King Chronic; 03-01-2008 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think they modified the OS itself not the firmware. the boot process is not part of the firmware or is the restore. there left apart from the firmware for safety reasons. So no matter what you do you always have a way to fix it. I think they may have figured out how to imbed installer.app in the OS or figured how to keep itunes from locking it down.

But its really hard to say from the videos. if they demonstrated using different firmwares then you would know for sure. I just really hope thats what they did. That would most likely put and end to the new jailbreaks every month. If they did the same for the touch it would be awesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast