+ Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rock Out With Your Cydia Out

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Saurik, I had cydia for a week and when i had to restore my fw and after i got my Iphone running again i ssh to mod an App and
    Thanks

Saurik,
    I had cydia for a week and when i had to restore my fw and after i got my Iphone running again i ssh to mod an App and i cant find my Applications the folder is there but empty, do i need to unistall cydai first before i restore my fw, does Cydia revert my Applications back after i uninstalled Cydia, what is the best way to unsitall Cydia is it like Installer than cannot uninstall? Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    I have Cydia and it's not ready for primetime needs alot of work So I removed it and what a pain to remove also...
    How did you manage to removed Cydia, i restore my Fw to 1.1.4 and i lost my Apps, well Folder is there but empty i know they were moved when i installed Cydia, any other way to removed Cydia, .
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 03-04-2008 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Hi Saurik,
    Been trying to download Cydia for over 4 times now, but cant get it to install on my 1.1.3 iphone, wanted to know how to clean up the downloaded files onthe iphone and why even when the package downloads completely and I click on install,it does not install ( I have the auto-lockout disabled)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to merovee For This Useful Post:

iPhoneArt (04-19-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocchiararo's Avatar
    Thanks

i like Cydias better in every way of course, faster, easier to search, easier to update, easier to browse apps u want to install :P

one day it will be installable without installer i guess (in an easy way, maybe its easy now, but i didnt bother to search cause i had installer on my iphone anyways).

But, it is a FACT that i cant install iphisics cause it ask for ither BSD or Cydia, and i have (or had) both, there is NO fake bsd package available (cause i had BDS, so installer still thinks bsd is there).

I think that the problem must be with iphisics newer version, cause all other apps work fine or are installable tho :P

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

So any suggestions/gotcha's on uninstalling cydia ? can I just rm -f it ?
    since it monkied with things what do I have to put back ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Default Is there a CRON function?...
    Hi Saurik,

Not sure if this is a Cydia/Teleshoreo issue or not...

I restored to 1.1.4 & installed Cydia/Telesphoreo/Fake BSD directly so have never had BSD Subsystem.

Now trying to get an app called Pericam to work, which automatically takes pictures at regular intervals. The developer has indicated that the app is not yet compatible with 1.1.3/4 but others have got it working via the method described in the Pericam topic.

For some reason this method doesn't work for me as the app seems to be expecting a crontab file which is not there (see this post on the Pericam topic for more details about my specific problem).

A suggestion there, is that the following two paths/files should exist but they don't on my system...

/var/cron/tabs/
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.cron.plist
    Last edited by fastdump; 03-05-2008 at 04:21 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    ssh into your phone.
    issue the command:
    apt-get update
    This did not work. I restored my phone and started from square one. All looked good. Have been running fine for the last couple days and then...VOILA. Again Cydia crashes to the home screen whenever I try to run it. I tried this command again and nothing. Keeps crashing.

To me I dont think Cydia is worth it if it doesnt seem to work reliably for any amount of time. And you cant uninstall it!!

Thanks

i tried to unistall Cydia with this commands but i keep getting stucked with this message:

"Host has not answered for moe tham 15 Seconds. Still waiting etc.etc..etc..

i tried this 3 to 4 times still same result and now when i launch Cydia it crashes back to the Springboard. will appreciate any help..been contemplating on doing a restore just now but i', afraid my Applications will not be on the default Applications folder like the last time time i restored.
    Last edited by Aws3ya; 03-04-2008 at 11:38 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by francis View Post
    @buckles08:

This issue has now been fixed, refresh in Cydia (the button at the top-right corner of the screen) and then, under Changes, hit Upgrade All.

[snipped]
    I did this (upgrade all) and Cydia locked up on "refreshing sources". When the process had not completed after more than ten minutes, I pressed the home button. Now Cydia crashes back to the desktop each time it is opened.

I reinstalled Cydia but it still crashes when opened.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this?

Thanks.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Earendil View Post
    I did this (upgrade all) and Cydia locked up on "refreshing sources". When the process had not completed after more than ten minutes, I pressed the home button. Now Cydia crashes back to the desktop each time it is opened.

I reinstalled Cydia but it still crashes when opened.

Any suggestions on how to get out of this?

Thanks.
    This is exactly how my problems started. It would sit there refreshing forever. I hit the home button and now Cydia crashes right back to the home screen whenever I try running it.

I dont think I have any other choice but to restore for the second time due to Cydia and stay AS FAR AWAY as I can from this unstable application.

Installer has worked fine for me from 1.0.2 all the way to 1.1.4 so why change? Especially when things are so unstable right now. I think I will wait until Cydia is tried and true, because right now it isnt.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastdump View Post
    Hi Saurik,

Not sure if this is a Cydia/Teleshoreo issue or not...

I restored to 1.1.4 & installed Cydia/Telesphoreo/Fake BSD directly so have never had BSD Subsystem.

Now trying to get an app called Pericam to work, which automatically takes pictures at regular intervals. The developer has indicated that the app is not yet compatible with 1.1.3/4 but others have got it working via the method described in the Pericam topic.

For some reason this method doesn't work for me as the app seems to be expecting a crontab file which is not there (see this post on the Pericam topic for more details about my specific problem).

A suggestion there is that the following two paths/files should exist but they don't on my system...
    /var/cron/tabs/

SUCCESS!!!

I found a downloadable zip of BSD Subsystem and noticed that all of the following existed in BSD but not in my clean Cydia install...
    /var/cron/tabs/
    /usr/bin/crontab
    Once I had created/uploaded these onto the iPhone, Pericam started working correctly!

As an added bonus, Showtime finally started saving videos!

YAY!

Perhaps this can be included in an update to Cydia?...
    Last edited by fastdump; 03-05-2008 at 04:21 AM.

Thanks
    Smile Cydia
    Hi,
    Am a huge fan of modmymoto n i[phone forum and have had a loooot of fun with my moto fone's, now i have the iphone and wanted to have some fun with it as well, have tried downloading cydia 4 times and every time it does not install, just brings back my home screen, pls help n advice on how to resolve this,
    2) installer has a new version, but my iphone will not update to the 3.01 ver, says I need to free @least 512 kb of space n Ihave checked I have 6 GB space left and in the system area, I have used only 198 MB, seeking help in this regard as well,
    3) EDGE is not getting active on my iphone, Ihave taken manual settings from my service provider, and done as they say, however still EDGE is not active, but I can browse etc.

Pls help me get a bit confortable with this new baby, so I can start to have some fun with this,
    cheers
    Merovee

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Been using this a little over a 2 week now , very cool.

Banned
    Thanks

is this cydia for programmers or something? i see that everyone loves this program but i dont think its for the layperson. i have no idea what 90% of these apps are! :P

i like installer. rarely any problems. very straightforward

Thanks
    Default problems with Cydia
    I download themes from cydia, but they do not install into Summerboard.

Is something missing...do I need a patch or what? - Please advise.
    I'ts nice to be important, but more important to be NICE!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Cydia
    I was wondering if Cydia will give us the chance to finally have a fully featured SKYPE running on our toys ....

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Cydia Problem
    I had cydia installed working properly when today out of the blue I launch it and it kicks me right back to the springboard. I of course, assume this to be a permissions problem and set my permissions to 777 on the necessary files, so I decided to uninstall using
    apt-get uninstall cydia
    and then I try to reinstall and I get this error

Couldn't register with bootstrap server unknown error code (0x44f); failing...
    383: ABORT: Unable to register "UnknownPurpleApp" port, 1103 unknown error code

I tried using installer and I get Main Script Execution Failed

any Ideas?

EDIT: After uninstalling with that code the icon was still there so I pressed it... now it runs again... so odd but Im glad it works
    Last edited by vito687; 03-10-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: fixed problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

messed up my iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks

I love this app! I actually install right after unlocking my newly restored iPhone instead of the BSD Subsystem. I am still using installer as well so I kinda have the best of both worlds.
    pngster

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SWeET Installing it noww

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just want to point out that I also had the repetitive "Main script execution failed" error when installing things via Installer after trying to use Cydia without installing BSD Subsystem first.

It doesn't work, guys. Everyone should be aware of this. Some kind of permissions-related thing happens when you install BSD Subsystem that Cydia doesn't do. So, while Cydia is awesome and all, you should really install BSD Subsystem and then Cydia ON TOP of that.

Why do I know that something permissions related happens? I launched Installer from the command line from ssh logged in as root and all of my Main script execution errors went away. When I logged in as mobile, I got errors about how the script couldn't write to directories. Caveat emptor.