+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PwnPlayer is out and it's pretty Shweet

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
intelliscreen users, in order for the gesture controls to work you have HIDE intelliscreen. In the latest version of IS you do this by swiping left to right on the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

intelliscreen users, in order for the gesture controls to work you have HIDE intelliscreen. In the latest version of IS you do this by swiping left to right on the time display. once hidden you will see a small banner beneath the time that says "Intelliscreen"

you just click on the banner to bring up intelliscreen again, anyway while its hidden you can tap anywhere on the screen to bring up gesture controls, you dont have to doubletap home..or maybe it just doesnt work with double tap, regardless just tap anywhere on the screen once IS is hidden and gesture controls should come up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone else confrim that u can listen to both librarys, because i can only do eithor or not both( dtunes or mewseek). can someone HELP

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    whats the source for this cuz i cant find it in search in cydia? thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Coverflow alpha by album name makes a lot more sense to me because you are after all looking at the albums. This apps greatest feature however will always be the filesystem support. Not having to use iTunes anymore is such a relief. So many hours of headaches caused by apples terrible programming.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

for some odd reason the lock screen controls are not showing up

Thanks

Seems pretty cool. Just some conflicting things.

dtunes/mew store music in different folders, so you have to enter var/mobile and navigate from there in the library section.

Also, when adding mew songs to playlists, they have no names in the list. Just blank.

Other than that, this is an awesome program, props to the devs

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

works ok for me but i do agree on the lock screen controls.

iPhone? More like MyPhone b3nny's Avatar
    Thanks

if you're having problems with the lock screen controls, make sure you're aren't charging... mine didn't work cuz i was charging when i first installed. once i unplugged, the lock screen controls worked, and NOW they work even when charging... and the lock screen controls are AWESOME intuitive "in the pocket" swipe controls, WITH elegant os x-like graphics? sweeeet this and mewseek kick arse!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone JK1234's Avatar
    Thanks

This program sucks. I seriously tried every way of getting it to recognize my Music in my file directory from Dtunes but it wont.

By default from dTuns my music gets saved to var/mobile/library/downloads

and I SSHd into it and my music was in there.

Then I tried to switch the filesystem directory to that and I did and it still wont find the music?

This app needs alot of work.

Its hard enough to even edit the filesystem directory with the keyboard in the way.

I appreciate the effort but this needs tons of fixes.
    Who uses signatures these days???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jiniej View Post
    I would use this if it supported the button on my headphones, but it seems that when i click that button it paused PwnPlayer and starts playing music in the stock iPod. That sucks... once this feature is supported I will definitely use PwnPlayer.
    Same here, I always use my headphone button to skip songs, go back etc when I am on the move at work. Hopefully the devs can add this feature.

Other then that, it is great, nice work!

0.o
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    how come i cant find it on cydia?!?! =\

edit: nvm 1 reboot and its there!!

my lock screen controls arnt comiing up.....is this because of status notifier?

yes it was status notifier. i uninstalled it and works nicely now
    Last edited by 0.o; 10-27-2008 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I was very excited to see this app as I've wanted a more feature-rich music app for a while. Especially one with search. Overall, this app has potential, but simply can't replace the stock app for me yet for one main reason - it doesn't have any of my itunes playlists. I LOVE the ability to make a list on the phone, but there's no way I'm recreating all of my lists I already spent enough time making in itunes. Until this app can import the itunes playlists, there's just no way I can use it. If I've somehow missed a way to import these, someone please let me know!

The secondary main reason that I can't use this app yet, is that it takes far too long after you click a category in the library section (artist/song/albums) for it to load the list. For me, it's about 3 seconds for "Artist," about 13 seconds for "Song," and about 5 seconds for "Albums." Even 3 seconds is a very long time when comparing it to the instant loading for the stock app - and 13 seconds is just ridiculous. When I'm looking for a song, I don't want to be waiting anything longer than a second, but preferably as fast (instant) as the stock app.

And a couple other nuances I've noticed so far:

- I wish the search was live updating (every time you press another letter, like contacts, app store, quickgold, and basically everything else on the phone). It's better than nothing, and I love the category search/sort aspect, but I wish it was live just the same.

- It would be nice if the song lists used the new style of listing that apple implemented with 2.1, where it lists the song in bold and then lists the artist/album in the same line just under it in the lighter grey text. I actually love how simplify media does this part, even better than apple with 2.1, because it doesn't list the album (I don't think, or at least it lists artist first, I can't check it now, either way it's better than apple). The problem with the way that apple did this is that if the album title is too long, you can't see the artist. And I don't know about you guys, but I would much rather see the artist name than the album name if it's a choice. This was a huge oversight (and possibly a mistake?) by apple, IMHO.

- I don't listen to many podcasts, but I do listen to some. They don't seem to be there yet. They might come with the video update or whatever, I just haven't seen this mentioned yet. I don't listen to any audiobooks, but this is another that isn't implemented yet, for those who care.

Like I said, overall, this app has a ton of potential. A feature rich music player replacement is a blessing, and I'm sure this is eventually going to replace the stock app for me. He just needs to work out some of the kinks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skizo's Avatar
    Thanks

What video file types does this support?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Yes, Intelliscreen is it. You aren't missing much though. Just the ability to start/stop...fastforward/rewind...and volume up/volume down.
    I've got IS, and the gesture controls work, you just have to get IS out of the way - at the top(across the time of IS works for me), swipe from right to left, IS will minimize, then use pwnplayers gestures, tap the IS text just under the time to get IS back..
    filed under the "it works for me category"

Thanks

now that this is finally out , its your move now Dtunes! how will make this happen lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

FINALY SOUL SEEK IS BACK...and also is there a way to link the download file and the deafault music file on the iphone....like could you make the "ipod" application and pwn player pull from both of the files or at least make pwn player pull from both files

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i cant see my dtune downloads i see itunes...??? i followed the edit in settings..

The lock screen play,pause,etc also does not work.???
    Last edited by coachballfirm; 10-27-2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Only step backwards I noticed, I don't think it has genius playlists. I'm sure it is hard to implement though so let's not worry about that for now, great work devs! Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goodluck4287 View Post
    Only step backwards I noticed, I don't think it has genius playlists. I'm sure it is hard to implement though so let's not worry about that for now, great work devs! Thanks!
    Did yours have your regular playlists?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys just to clarify, i have an original iphone, however im not having the problem of changing track and volume and pausing the music on my iphone or even my brothers ipod touch....I am a little confused as to why you guys are saying that you are having problems and why there is a need to create an application for it??

All you do is lock the screen then double click the home button then the following screen appears.....

If you already knew this cool....lol...but thought id let you know cause a guy in the apple shop said it to me and he was like woah i never knew it could do that lol....

cheers
    mmoi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PwnPlayer is out and it's pretty Shweet-img00043.jpg