+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Firmware 2.2 Beta 2 Adds Google Street View

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Earlier this evening firmware 2.2 Beta 2 was seeded to developers. In this firmware version Google Street View is enabled. Firmware 2.2 beta 1 included the APIs for Street View
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,274 Times in 652 Posts

Default iPhone Firmware 2.2 Beta 2 Adds Google Street View

Earlier this evening firmware 2.2 Beta 2 was seeded to developers. In this firmware version Google Street View is enabled. Firmware 2.2 beta 1 included the APIs for Street View but the feature wasn't enabled.

Other things like push still haven't been confirmed but we expect to see push supported before the public release of 2.2. What are some features you want to see in 2.2?

Something else new that appears in 2.2 Beta 2 could be more options when getting directions via Google Maps. According to someone on iphoneyap bus and walking directions are now options in firmware 2.2 beta 2. It appears in the photos below that the bus directions even include bus schedule times.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Since we're talking about navigation, I'd like to see an option to select one of multiple suggested routes instead of being given one with no choice.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It would be niceif they stop giving us features that are advanced like this and giving us features that even the basic phones and smart phones have.

I have a love and hate relaionship with my 3G but more hate because I now know I should have waited to get the Bold.

I want MMS, Cut/Copy/Paste, Push to work as they advertised it would, ability to click on a number from a webpage and have option to TEXT not just CALL, Data Storage, and Word/Excel/Powerpoint utilities to create and edit....all of this I could do bar the Push on a phone I had about 4 years ago.

On a side note will the street view just be for USA users or for all users in the official iPhone countries.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aumz For This Useful Post:

Gustavo Saliola (10-25-2008), MattMac (10-26-2008)

Thanks

not really that interesting

Thanks

Well, i think its a good thing to expand on the maps feature. While there isnt turn by turn, street view makes the iphone a contender tot he G1 in that arena, google maps.

Yea, I much would rather have some basic cell phone feaures, like forwarding text messages, MMS, sending multiple text more easily, bluetooth headphones, bluetooth file transfers + data sharing, a productivity suite to create office docs, etc. But hopefully those features will come with time.

Thanks

They're probably going to do the apple special:

All the features we want and that really should have been included from the beginning will be featured on the 3RD GEN IPHONE. Thanks steve!

Thanks

I wish the miles and time till you reach the destination would automatically update, so I know exactly how far I have left in a trip without having to press edit, route, while driving just to update it.

Seems like that would be an easy feature to add on

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I want them to fix fetch, doesn't work in stand-by for me in 2.1.

Street view looks good, the google car went by my house about 2 months ago, so hopefully it will be on it soon!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    man, apple giving insignificant features more priorities.... this sucks. so disappointed.

Thanks

not interested, im still waiting for telenav though

Thanks

I love the fact they implementing more features into google maps. But how about the basics apple. As states before cut/copy/paste shouldve been added. I'm a college student & I would like something that would edit/create a microsoft word document. In my opinion. I think this is something standard. But apple makes the call. So we get what they dish out.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Idc about new features as long as 2.2 is a really amazing update as my Mail app doesn't download mail when push is on, iPhone is constantly crashing and rebooting and the App Store doesn't show any new updates I got!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

grand theft google maps (street view gives you that gta look with the map orb in the corner)

Green Apple
    Thanks

apple just never wants to give what people want, they just want to dish out stuff that they think are "nifty". Things the iphone need will probably never be addressed and that's why our iphones are cool, but it always feel short of something. One thing the iphone needs is landscape email/texting, god damn this should of been there since day one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Idc about new features as long as 2.2 is a really amazing update as my Mail app doesn't download mail when push is on, iPhone is constantly crashing and rebooting and the App Store doesn't show any new updates I got!
    Have you tried restoring your phone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Two words.......Landscape Texting!

Thanks

Here are some enhancements that Apple needs to make: Most wanted ever | Please fix the iPhone . Hopefully SJ and his staff will take a look at this and provide many of these basic smartphone features!!

Thanks

bout time

Thanks

I love the street view option. I miss turns all the time because the signs are hidden or just not there. It should be very useful.

Mms would be cool, but I've gotten used to not having it. LOL

I'd still love to have the cut/paste features.

Thanks

Instead of adding new features, it would be nice if the turd spits at Apple would fix all the lag problems that are still there on 2.1. It's still painfully slow compared to the super responsive 1.0 firmware on the first gen iphone.