+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Play Puzzllotto Win up to $30,000

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
United Lemur Inc. the creators behind the AppStore game Puzzllotto are having a contest where you can win up to $30,000 by solving the puzzle. The contest started earlier today.
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,273 Times in 652 Posts

Default Play Puzzllotto Win up to $30,000

United Lemur Inc. the creators behind the AppStore game Puzzllotto are having a contest where you can win up to $30,000 by solving the puzzle.

The contest started earlier today. Every day that no one has solved the puzzel $1,000 is added to the prize for up to 30 days. The idea is that people will be strategizing and even if someone solves the puzzle in 10 mins they'll wait to submit the solution so the prize money and winnings can increase.

Puzzllotto is in the same spirit as Zort or Myst. You are given no instructions for gameplay and have to figure out everything yourself including the solution to the puzzle. The game is set in the jungle and there are a few creatures in the game: Lemur which is your guide as you walk through the forest discovering secrets, Fosa which are terrifying and should be watched out for and Butterflies which are worth their weight in ariary (Madagascar currency).

If you want to play and try to win you can buy Puzzllotto from the app store for $4.99. 10% of the price of the game is donated to the Madagascar Fauna Group. Not all people can participate in the contest for official rules click here.

Every day it will be announced at 12 noon Pacific Time if anyone has won yet on Twitter.

Get your game on!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well when i finish what i guess is the first level i get this weird message.

Arahabaina
    lano no tena kinga
    saina indrinda...
    (time here)
    sarotra kokoa noho
    tamin ny ezaka mafy
    aminny ezaka mafy.

then i get a list to choose from:
    ovay
    manomboha
    mijanoa

Any help?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

rofl creepy game

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, I tried all tree options. Ovay just repeats the first puzzle and the two others give you the same puzzle with rearranged eyes positions. When solved the same message screen is presented. I don't know what comes next. http://modmyi.com/forums/images/smilies/confused.gif

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well when i finish what i guess is the first level i get this weird message.

Arahabaina
    lano no tena kinga
    saina indrinda...
    (time here)
    sarotra kokoa noho
    tamin ny ezaka mafy
    aminny ezaka mafy.

then i get a list to choose from:
    ovay
    manomboha
    mijanoa

Any help?
    after doing some google looks like that the language is "MALAGASY "
    but i couldnt find any good online translator to understand it
    here is the best i could find out

Arahabaina = To be greeted, to be congratulated

tena =The self; the very thing; the body

saina indrinda... = Especially , The mind, the intellect

u could try teh rest of the words here
    malagasyworld.org
    its the best site i found for it and its not amazing
    good luck man

Green Apple
    Thanks

this seems like the biggest scam in the world

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

^Lol, I was going to say the same thing.
    I'm thinking one of the people that scam through email must have gotten onto the AppStore some way or another.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Solved, and I got the same message, I think that message means, "Go and tell your friends about my app, so they can buy it and I can get my $30,000.00"
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Thanks

I have the o

I have the order to click on "eyes" to get all of the butter flies on each "level" but i just goes into a loop. Any clues on what to do now?
    Last edited by nateman360; 10-25-2008 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    u have to figure out the pattern.......in the description it says,,,first its like trial and error, but a pattern will unfold

Thanks

ok, i got all the four levels finished also all under 10 seconds and at the end i got a new screen with a lot of eyes and a Lemur hugin a Fosa but it doesnt give me a button or something anyway i try to get into de App Folder and it has mobclix.db and thats advertisement. Apple iPhone Analytics and Monetization why the insert advertisement that we dont see? thats a Violation right?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yea i got there too. I think there is a code that tells u how to win between all those eyes and lemurs. I just dont know what the code is. I am so confused, is there even a solution. Or is it just nothing, there is no question to solve. O_o

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this is driving me nuts... i did the 4 levels... (really 2) they are just flipped and inverted... but now i have this crazy morse code type looking thing... did i do the puzzle incorrectly? what am i missing?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i haven't finished in under ten seconds on each but here's how i figured out about the pattern. I assigned each set of eyes a number between 1 and 8. when it flops sides on the second level i reassigned my numbers based on the same pattern. in level three which is a return to side one, the pattern changes. in level 4, which flops back to side 2, the pattern is the same as in level 3. so basically i think about it as side 1 and 2, with pattern A and B. i'm given the three options ovay, manomboha, mijanona, and ovay is the one that lets me progress (i know this because it flashes the grid of eyes, lemurs, and butterflies), until i complete level 4, then ovay disappears and you can touch mijanona to get the grid flash, but it starts back at level one.

I'm stumped. I've line my version of the code up and tried dialing it as a phone number but no bones. also, i've considered that it could be some kind of cipher, but I think that's thinking to complicated. In the comments section of a techcrunch story on the game someone suggested reverse engineering it. the developer responded that he was an engineer and not a puzzle guy and it would be easier to solve the puzzle than try to out engineer him.

Thanks

Haha. Hope everyone who paid for this app got their money's worth!
    To live, you have to lie

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

someone who has gotten as far as us...something i didn't know, when you get to two options (after level 4), you can touch elsewhere on the screen to see the grid that is flashed between levels.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFVzLKBhQ7A]YouTube - Puzzllotto[/ame]

here's a screengrab of "the grid"

photo.jpg
    Last edited by captainblack; 10-28-2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

As point of clarification, I thought I'd chime in and let you all know that we have worked with professional promotions attorneys and have impartial third-party judges running the competition. This promotion is 100% legit, and it's all a matter of wit and skill. There is nothing random about it.

Good Luck!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Seems like a good way to sell Apps

Thanks

This sounds like a Win-Win situation...money from the app sales to the developer and money to Apple for all the smashed Touch and iPhones

Thanks

well it didn't go for long...
    from the puzzllotto.com website:

Puzzllotto Prize: Claimed!

Dave H, from Portland, is our new Puzzllotto Champion! Once the independent judges are done verifying, Dave will receive the Champion's Trophy and $8,000 in prize money. Congratulations once again to Dave!