Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple is iPhone - Quarterly Results In

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Default Apple is iPhone - Quarterly Results In

Apple's fiscal 4th quarter has been released with increases across the board. During the quarter Apple made $7.9 billion making for a profit of $1.14 billion during the quarter. This is up from $904 million in the same quarter last year.

Much of this success is centered around the iPhone 3g. In the quarter Apple sold an incredible 6.9 million iPhones which means they have already reached their 10 million iPhone goal for 2008 and there are still two more months of sales left.

The iPhone now accounts for 39% of Apple's business. Nice move entering the mobile phone market Apple. Not only is the iPhone a dominant part of Apple now it is also rising up the charts in mobile phone sales versus all other companies. The iPhone outsold Blackberry devices by 800,000 in the quarter.

Other Apple products are also doing well. Mac sales were up 21% and iPod sales were up 8% for the quarter.

[via bbc]

i wish i understood how the stocks worked on etrade, i got an account but i have no idea how to put money in it and when or how to pull it out X(

since they're sound so well, maybe they'll have a sale for the non contracted users!!! :-)

If anything Steve Jobbs...is gonna improve on whats already making his company more money...next year there will be a "better" iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

I remind my dad, every time we get a chance to talk, that I told him to buy Apple stock years ago. I believe it was only 5 or 6 years ago that Apple stock was around $14 a share! Geez, I wish I would've had some money to invest then.

iphone 39% of their business now? smart business decision I'd say

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultimatexpka View Post
    i wish i understood how the stocks worked on etrade, i got an account but i have no idea how to put money in it and when or how to pull it out X(
    Apple stock was at 174 this time last year... its down to 96 at the moment... Apple's profits are at an all time high and they are worth 44% less than this time a year ago. It just doesn't make sense...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

It may just be that Apple is down right now because of the cost of developing their new machines. If the laptops do well, then after the initial cost of R&D is recouped, their stock should go up as well.

Apple is down because we are in a global market recession. Unfortunately, many day traders shorted apple stock at its highest point earlier this morning while the Dow sunk for another day of loses.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Apple stock was at 174 this time last year... its down to 96 at the moment... Apple's profits are at an all time high and they are worth 44% less than this time a year ago. It just doesn't make sense...
    Stocks are priced today on the expectation of future earnings. So, if there is a perception that earnings could might be affected in the future, then the price will be pressured downward

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

It was cool that the market plunged 500 points yesterday but apple raised 5, haha. Geez.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mrsidewayzz's Avatar
    Thanks

i know nothing about stocks but the "recession" is sucking big time. im glad i dont really feel the effect of it as civilians do.
    mrsidewayzz
    iPhone 2G 16GB, iPod Classic 120GB
    MacBook 13.3" 2.0ghz 250GB 2GB
    YNSA, USN