+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cylay- The world's first fighting theft application for iPhone from iFonetec

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ifonetec If you paid $20 for MiVTones, you should get 180 days free to use Cylay. Contact [email protected] . HAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA OMG you are too funny! E-mail ifonetec
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

HAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA OMG you are too funny! E-mail ifonetec support?!?!?!?
    Possibly the funniest thing I've read all day. For the past two weeks I've been emailing ifonetec support with a problem that I've been having and for two weeks now I've been getting these mailer daemon return emails stating that the e-mail I sent was not delivered because the address "[email protected]" is not a valid email.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default two things
    first, i would agree that anyone who would steal or find an iphone most likely knows how to use one. Therefore this program would most likely be useless, plus if they know nothing about the phone and just wanted to sell it, the battey would die quickly leaving no time to find it.

second, if you are installing a program that has a trial period, 10 days, 30 days etc, try changing the date on your phone to the year 2020 or some later date before you install. In some cases your trial wont end till 10 days after the fake date of install.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed, restarted and tried testing on the cpanel. The map never changes and stays in the US although I am in Australia..... Cylar is functional on my phone according to the app but doesn't work with the web page.

Thanks

I think I have an idea for you guys who created this Application! It would help theft greatly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gsbba2k08 View Post
    I installed, restarted and tried testing on the cpanel. The map never changes and stays in the US although I am in Australia..... Cylar is functional on my phone according to the app but doesn't work with the web page.
    If you want to see iPhone location on the web, you have to report iPhone to lost status ( send sms with "lost,123456" or press Lost button on the cpanel), you will get confirmation sms. Send sms "locate,123456" to get iPhone location, you will get location sms and see it one the map.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tokyo's Avatar
    Thanks

This very safe and handy.

I'll be checking this out, great news.
    Get streetwear for cheap here.

Thanks
    Default Find lost iPhone location (3G iPhone only)
    Just installed Cylay and it worked immediately...

I just entered my brother's number coz I thought the SMS in case of theft should go to another number....and guess what?

My bro got an SMS reporting my cell number was using his iPhone (hehe)

Obviously if (God forbid) your iPhone gets stolen YOU immediately get a new SIM card with YOUR NUMBER and wait for the SMS's to start coming...

My question is (I have also e-mailed ifonetec) HOW IS THE iPHONE 3G actually tracked? Obviously with 3G but what feedback do you get? I get no iPhone Location (map is always same in the US) in Home : iFoneTec Cylay even though I declared my phone as lost and sent locate,123456 message....

Just wondering if ifonetec has another tracking method up their sleeve....or this is an active feature only after you buy? Also is the iPhone tracked wether or not the person who has your iphone uses GPS features? Would appreciate feedback on this...

Apart from that I think it's a MUST HAVE application for all the time and effort iPhone lovers have put in this incredible device....and I think I'll buy regardless if my little question gets answered...

Don't be fooled by rules,
    Don't be ruled by fools...
    Last edited by keysloser; 10-21-2008 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Screen Capture Happy?
    So can I give you a call? (cell number shown in screen captures)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by keysloser View Post
    My question is (I have also e-mailed ifonetec) HOW IS THE iPHONE 3G actually tracked? Obviously with 3G but what feedback do you get? I get no iPhone Location (map is always same in the US) in Home : iFoneTec Cylay even though I declared my phone as lost and sent locate,123456 message....

Just wondering if ifonetec has another tracking method up their sleeve....or this is an active feature only after you buy? Also is the iPhone tracked wether or not the person who has your iphone uses GPS features? Would appreciate feedback on this...

Apart from that I think it's a MUST HAVE application for all the time and effort iPhone lovers have put in this incredible device....and I think I'll buy regardless if my little question gets answered...

Don't be fooled by rules,
    Don't be ruled by fools...
    If you want to test locate function,you have to do the following of steps:
    1. set iPhone to lost status. send sms with " lost,password" to iPhone.
    2. send sms with"locate,password" to get location .
    Cylay will get location and send it to Cylay server, if it is fail, Cylay still try to locating iPhone until it is successful.
    You'd better bring iPhone outside and locate it with google map, then go to Cylay web to check .
    The location will help you to get iPhone back.

There is one real story owner recoveried his iPhone installed Cylay 1.0 ( fw 1.1.4), he just called the number which Cylay sent ,even if Cylay 1.0 had simple functions( report number and backup data).

Thanks

Hey ifonetec, I know this is way off topic but here is the email that I've been trying to send to [email protected] for the past month and a half that won't go through because apparently that email address is not valid. Maybe you can help.

"I purchased the full version of MiVtones a few weeks ago, unfortanately my iphone was defectective and I had to bring it to the apple store to be swapped out for a new one. Now when I try to log into MiVtones it says that I can only have one device on my account. My new replacement iphone however is the only iphone I have. Can you please update my device id on your system so I can now use MiVtones with my new iPhone. Thanks in advance"

Green Apple
    Thanks

Interesting idea. It would be awesome to hear someone actually use the features in a real-life theft situation.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    Hey ifonetec, I know this is way off topic but here is the email that I've been trying to send to [email protected] for the past month and a half that won't go through because apparently that email address is not valid. Maybe you can help.

"I purchased the full version of MiVtones a few weeks ago, unfortanately my iphone was defectective and I had to bring it to the apple store to be swapped out for a new one. Now when I try to log into MiVtones it says that I can only have one device on my account. My new replacement iphone however is the only iphone I have. Can you please update my device id on your system so I can now use MiVtones with my new iPhone. Thanks in advance"
    Please send your username to [email protected] ask for transfering account

Thanks

I have the vip account and it keeps telling me when i locate phone that its in russia. I live in st louis,mo....way off. Is there a fix?

Thanks

What is going on with your customer support email addresses? I tried sending that address an email also and I get the same return email back stating that the email address I'm trying to send to is not valid. Here, I'll quote the message in the return e-mail

"The original message was received at Tue, 21 Oct 2008 22:21:06 -0400 (EDT)
    from root@localhost

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
    delivery. The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
    labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could
    not be delivered. The next line contains a second error message which is a
    general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to the e-mail
    administrator or Postmaster at that destination.

--AOL Postmaster

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    [email protected]>

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    451 [email protected]>... ifonetec.com: Name server timeout
    Message could not be delivered for 2 hours
    Message will be deleted from queue"

This is F*ckin rediculous man.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    What is going on with your customer support email addresses? I tried sending that address an email also and I get the same return email back stating that the email address I'm trying to send to is not valid. Here, I'll quote the message in the return e-mail.
    Dizz,
    Your email was rejected since it was in the blacklist of gmail server, ifonetc mail sever is based on gmail, so change your email to send,or go to ifonetec.com ,send your request through online form.

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    I have the vip account and it keeps telling me when i locate phone that its in russia. I live in st louis,mo....way off. Is there a fix?
    Cylay read iPhone location data ,send it to Cylay server and sms.so the problem is gps location error.
    To test,you'd better bring iPhone outdoor and locate it with google map, then locate it with Cylay again.
    Last edited by ifonetec; 10-22-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifonetec View Post
    Dizz,
    Your email was rejected since it was in the blacklist of gmail server, ifonetc mail sever is based on gmail, so change your email to send,or go to ifonetec.com ,send your request through online form.
    OK So I sent another e-mail yet again. This time I used my Gmail account. Let's see if I finally get the help I've been waiting almost 2 months for.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Permission
    I just learnt this :

You cannot HIDE SMS commands with iRealSMS installed.

When iphone recieves the locate command, it asks for permission to use GPS ... this is bad for several obvious reasons .. I have emailed support regarding this, and hope they have a solution to this.

regards

Update(29.10.2008) :
    Support got back to me :Next version of Cylay will not ask for permission upon using localization. Release very soon
    Last edited by baltazar72; 10-29-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: update

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Constant messages will not stop
    I tried out cylay couldn't get the mapping to work, oh well,
    uninstalled.
    NOW I GET CONSTANT MESSAGES EVERY HOUR!

How do I make this stop???????

Thanks

ok i just bought it, love the app

but i dont understand which number i put in?

my mobiles no is xxxxxxxx866 (which i use in the iphone)
    my dads number (whos never changes) is: xxxxxxxx430

so what do i need to change to get the sms texts to go to his phone if my sim is changed etc?