+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cylay- The world's first fighting theft application for iPhone from iFonetec

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
So... anyone tried it? It works? And what's the difference between having it for free and paying the 20 bucks per year? And what's the google server???
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So... anyone tried it? It works? And what's the difference between having it for free and paying the 20 bucks per year? And what's the google server???

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I installed it... resprung... rebooted... and I still don't see the Cylay settings under the Settings menu. Help....

Thanks

ditto. Nothing in settings for me either.

Thanks

Update: Added the specific cydia source... came up with a couple updates... installed... now I'm stuck on the boot screen... PERFECT!

Using iPhone Browser I can't find Cylay or Mivtones in my Applications folder... where did they install?.... maybe if I can delete them I can get back into my springboard?...
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-19-2008 at 04:10 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    mivtones is not spyware... and it doesn't try to sell you ring tones.. It is used for video tones.. try searching it. I already had mivtones so i didn't notice at all. But i promise it wont hurt ur phone i have bee using it forever. I guess just take your chances then, but don't be upset when ypur phone gets stolen and you cant find it.
    no offense. but when i install one app, i expect only that app to be installed, not an additional app for a site that tries to sell me ring/video tones (i checked the site out). in addition, if you try to remove mivtones, it takes out cylay as well. if you remove just cylay, it leaves mivtones.

in all, this is all a very shady practice. either be honest and up-front and inform the user you are installing both, and clean up both when either one is removed. or un-bundle the two and let me install them individually.

either way, considering i've had my 2g over a year without it getting stolen, i'd say this is more like snake oil than an app i need.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,439 Times in 706 Posts

I installed Cylay and I registered on the cylay.com site. I still do not see cylay in Settings
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cylay- The world's first fighting theft application for iPhone from iFonetec-cylay.jpg  

Thanks

just saw the update. But then I saw it's $20 per year. I already paid $20 for personalized MIVtones. There's no way I'm paying another 20 for a program I'll likely never use, no matter how much trouble went into creating it. I guess of depends on who you are and how much damage control you take.
    Last edited by adamnur; 10-19-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks

Deleted the ifonetec launch Daemon and that seemed to have fixed the problem.
    oh... and I had to delete the "/Library/dyModLoader/dyModLoader.dylib" out of my com.apple.springboard.plist file and reload it on.

Here is the website to edit a plist file if you need it: http://lesterchan.net/plutil/index.php
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-19-2008 at 04:38 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you are using the extended prefs hack through winterboard, you must disable to see the sttings of Cylay.
    Last edited by SiLeNtKiLLa; 10-19-2008 at 06:21 PM.
    - iPhone 8gig and 16gig 3G - 3.0 - JailBroken + Unlocked to T-Mobile Unlimited Plan & Total Internet Plan.
    - iPod Touch - UnJailBroken
    - XBOX 360 - Modded Firmware - XBL (my s/n)
    - XBOX - Software Modded - XBMC
    - Dell Inspiron 1521 - [B]Vista Ultimate and
    running Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.5.4 (YES! Mac OS on an Dell PC)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SiLeNtKiLLa For This Useful Post:

Sparblaze (10-19-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sparblaze's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I would download, but I don't want MivTones

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    just saw the update. But then I saw it's $20 per year. I already paid $20 for personalized MIVtones. There's no way I'm paying another 20 for a program I'll likely never use, no matter how much trouble went into creating it. I guess of depends on who you are and how much damage control you take.
    If you paid $20 for MiVTones, you should get 180 days free to use Cylay.
    Contact [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Sparblaze View Post
    Well I would download, but I don't want MivTones
    Remove both of them,reinstall Cylay now, you will not get MiVtones installed again.

Quote Originally Posted by beatoven View Post
    If you pay,you can clear lost iPhone information via SMS,forward sms,locate lost iphone and get call history of lost iPhone .
    Google Server: If you have gamil account, you may backup iPhone data to your Google apps, like Conatcts to Gmail contacts, call history and SMS to Google Docs...
    Last edited by ifonetec; 10-19-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Hmm... testing again... this time without the extended prefs in winterboard.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

Pure_Dc (10-19-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Hmm... testing again... this time without the extended prefs in winterboard.
    it works when you disable it

Thanks

Ok i got it up and running. I have a question about the disable restore. I assume this is so someone can't come along and restore the phone which would delete the Cylay program and render it useless. What if we have a problem modding our phone.. can't get into the springboard and need to restore... will it still go into DFU and restore?

OK... just read the manual I downloaded from their website... this doesn't disable an iTunes restore... so.... if someone steals my phone... then restores it in iTunes... the Cylay program gets erased... and then it's worthless?
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 10-19-2008 at 09:57 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok i got it up and running. I have a question about the disable restore. I assume this is so someone can't come along and restore the phone which would delete the Cylay program and render it useless. What if we have a problem modding our phone.. can't get into the springboard and need to restore... will it still go into DFU and restore?
    No, this restore is not restore firmware,it's only restore iPhone data which you have backuped using Cylay.

Thanks

if I found an iPhone, first thing I do is go through the restore process..duh. Cylay won't help.

Thanks

^just because you know that, doesn't mean everyone will. Despite this being a well known device, people just don't know. Take this forum for example, In the past week I've seen 3 topics about people asking how to restore.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmxtreme View Post
    if I found an iPhone, first thing I do is go through the restore process..duh. Cylay won't help.
    exactly what i was thinking

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't want MivTones, the workaround given above doesn't work!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

OK... just read the manual I downloaded from their website... this doesn't disable an iTunes restore... so.... if someone steals my phone... then restores it in iTunes... the Cylay program gets erased... and then it's worthless?
    @Poseidon79 my phone is stuck at the boot logo just like yours was. can you give me the steps you took to get it unstuck?