Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MobileChat, new iPhone Chat Client

sorry if i sound noob, but is it possible to install Installer.app on Windows, because i cant even seem to login to Winscp, and everytime i try to log on it says erry either if it is reconnect or quit, where do i go for help? some one help this noob out

i would assume that it doesnt use any of your SMS messages... i mean you are connected through Edge and not using any text - not sending anything to a phone #... right?

also, hopefully they can also add the thing where if you type long messages, that it will auto scroll down so that you can see what you are typing... well, its still in the beginning stage so it should be all good later on... hopefully.

ok, well i installed the installer.app and i don't see that chat app on the list. is there anything i am missing?
    Never mind, i guess i have to learn how to read
    Last edited by xplod4202; 09-04-2007 at 11:34 PM.

anyone have a comparison between this program and apolloIM version 0.1.1?

Pros/Cons?

I've been messing around with it this morning, it seems pretty solid. One of the features I like is you can still get messages/notifications when you put your phone to sleep , but does anyone know how much of the battery life it will kill?

Is it constantly connected to the aim server or is it a push im client?

Really nicely done for the first version.

Default curious...
    is there a way to turn the sound off? i messed with it briefly but didn't see an options menu or anything like that...i'm at work lol, and i can't keep getting IMs with the sound on. other than that it looks great. i'm using Apollo 0.1.1 right now and it looks ok, but i like the UI of MobileChat more ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by rianbattle View Post
    is there a way to turn the sound off? i messed with it briefly but didn't see an options menu or anything like that...i'm at work lol, and i can't keep getting IMs with the sound on. other than that it looks great. i'm using Apollo 0.1.1 right now and it looks ok, but i like the UI of MobileChat more ^_^
    i don't think theres an option for that just yet. I haven't tried putting the whole phone into vibrate, but I hope that it does vibrate if the phone is in vibrate.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bluaeon For This Useful Post:

rianbattle (09-05-2007)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a question about this app. I tested it out this morning and it seems when I get new messages I get the popup notification but the IM doesn't actually appear in the IM window.

My IMs that I type appear but the ones I receive don't, they only appear in the notifications.

i canít get mine vibrate... it will only make an audible sound..

Quote Originally Posted by bluaeon View Post
    i don't think theres an option for that just yet. I haven't tried putting the whole phone into vibrate, but I hope that it does vibrate if the phone is in vibrate.
    first of all i want to say thanks for replying, lol.

this was the first thing i tried, after noticing there is no options menu or anything...doesn't work. even with the phone in silent mode it still makes the sounds. hopefully they include this in the next update...it seems to be such a silly thing to leave out.

they should just copy beejive, that is a great IM app.

not working with AIM accounts that end with .mac! That's crap!

what sound files are used for this app? I want to change them as they are very low volume.

Default Sound files for MobileChat
    Where are the sound files located for this app?

There is no built in way to silence them so I need to either remove them completely or replace them with a silent track.

Thanks

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneroeth View Post
    not working with AIM accounts that end with .mac! That's crap!
    AIM accounts that end with .Mac aren't AIM accounts at all. They are .Mac accounts. Just because iChat on your Mac uses both doesn't mean they're the same thing. One connects to Apple's network, one connects to AOL's network...

I don't think that's true. Yes, it's from Apple but Apple uses AIM for iChat so in one way they are indirect AIM accounts.

Any idea when msn support is coming?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

swweet I like the new update BUT only thing i noticed so far i don't like is how it keeps showing that i have a new msg when i've already checked it and it pops up a notification even if u are in the aim chatting. weird. but i'm sure it'll be solved soon

edit yet again, seems liek ti wont let you click on a link sent in a msg
    Last edited by Alperovich; 09-13-2007 at 01:06 PM.

cant see my buddies??? can someone help ?? or do u just see them wen they r online?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Just when they're online.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

radigroove (09-17-2007)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast