+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iRingtoner 1.51. Ringtones on Windows WITHOUT JAILBREAK!!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Sure, use either Installer, iBrickr, or Breezy.
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,210 Posts

Sure, use either Installer, iBrickr, or Breezy.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Green Apple
    Thanks

nope im running windows xp pro.. vista is crap.. just for that reason.. haha and this is why i havnt upgraded to vista.. because half of the iphone apps dont work with it among another things...
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-06-2007 at 01:44 PM. Reason: language

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TOXiN View Post
    nope im running windows xp pro.. vista is ****.. just for that reason.. haha and this is why i havnt upgraded to vista.. because half of the iphone apps dont work with it among another things...
    That's funny. I've been running Vista since launch and all my iPhone apps work fine, along with about 99% of all my other apps. Perhaps it's not Vista?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Am I missing a step? because all I keep getting is an error

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works great for me. It did trigger my firewall for some unknown reason. Can the author of this software comment on that?

BTW if you want to remove ringtones that you added with this application just right click on them in the apps window and choose remove.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

I believe wally_wall is the author. And he has released the source, available in our downloads section. So I am fairly sure its ok.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burr1t0 View Post
    right when i launch the program with my iphone connected it just shutsdown and i get an error stating "iRingtoner has stopped working". my phone was modded before and i had to do a restore when the first update came out 1.0.1 but i haven't modded it since. any ideas?

heres a copy of my error log if this helps

Version=1
    EventType=CLR20r3
    EventTime=128334391737035542
    ReportType=2
    Consent=1
    UploadTime=128334391769335542
    Response.BucketId=78085146
    Response.BucketTable=5
    Response.type=4
    Sig[0].Name=Problem Signature 01
    Sig[0].Value=iringtoner.exe
    Sig[1].Name=Problem Signature 02
    Sig[1].Value=1.51.0.0
    Sig[2].Name=Problem Signature 03
    Sig[2].Value=46dcd5aa
    Sig[3].Name=Problem Signature 04
    Sig[3].Value=Manzana
    Sig[4].Name=Problem Signature 05
    Sig[4].Value=1.0.0.0
    Sig[5].Name=Problem Signature 06
    Sig[5].Value=46a6d8cd
    Sig[6].Name=Problem Signature 07
    Sig[6].Value=47
    Sig[7].Name=Problem Signature 08
    Sig[7].Value=70
    Sig[8].Name=Problem Signature 09
    Sig[8].Value=System.IO.IOException
    DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
    DynamicSig[1].Value=6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
    DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
    DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
    Looks like it might be the library I use to communicate with the iPhone. Unfortanatly I can't reproduce the problem on my end or any other computers I have access to. I've released the source and maybe someone will come up with a new version or a fix for it. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by jaderaven View Post
    Works great for me. It did trigger my firewall for some unknown reason. Can the author of this software comment on that?

BTW if you want to remove ringtones that you added with this application just right click on them in the apps window and choose remove.
    Hi, I do not access the internet in iRingtoner. The source is available for you to look at if you have any doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by ugapug View Post
    That's funny. I've been running Vista since launch and all my iPhone apps work fine, along with about 99% of all my other apps. Perhaps it's not Vista?

I have finally tried it on a Vista machine and it works fine for me. The only thing I can think of is that, when giving this program to local friends, they don't have all the updates on there computer. They have to download .NET 2.0 manually which should be installed with Windows Update. The only thing I would make sure you do is make sure your computer is updated using Windows Update, or at the very least, make sure all the .NET updates are installed, regardless of version.

This may fix all these people problems who can't seem to get the program working. If not though, unfortanatly I can't reproduce the problem you all are having.
    Last edited by wally_wall; 09-06-2007 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iringtoner not working
    Getting the following error

iphoneinterface.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Need help....

Thx
    yankee

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Getting the following error

iphoneinterface.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Need help....

Thx
    yankee
    Go to this link and download and install this and try again. Please post your results either way for us to figure out this problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool program

Thanks

wow great program
    I heard jailbreak isn't compatible with the lastest iTune
    keep up the good work!

soda

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default can't get ringtones to show up on phone
    i can drop mp3 files into iringtoner but can't get them to show up on the phone itself? i have the latest version of ituens and the latest software on the phone..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm having the same problem as "aliti". The program appears to be working and seems to be transferring the files but it isn't showing up on my phone.

Currently i'm running Windows XP, iTunes 7.3, iphone 1.0.2 and i had to download .NET v2.0 to get iRingtoner to work.

Anyone have the same problem with an easy solution? Thnx for any help.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Check this post. I got this from macrumors.com... Apparently iRingtoner and all others are dead

as from macrumors.com . . .
    -----

Since the original instruction is a bit light on details. Here is everything you need.

1. Convert the song you want to use as a ringtone to AAC 128kbps. OR if it is already in this format, duplicate it. Then, in iTunes, add an additional item to the title in the duplicate or new AAC (I just put "(ringtone)").

2. Drag the file onto your desktop. Click Apple+I (or right click get info). Change the file name from .m4a to .m4r. When asked if you want to change the extension, select "Use .m4r". Also change the file name to what you want it to show up as on your phone. For example, by default it will be "(song track number) (song track title)." I deleted the song track number.

3. Edit the file in another program. I have sound studio which is pretty easy to edit an AAC file and add a fade in/fade out. There is obviously a size limit on the file, but I don't know what it is. I usually edit the song down to about a 20-30 second clip and save it.

4. Drag the file into iTunes. Since the "Ringtones" feature isn't completely enabled yet, it won't show up anywhere in your Library, but once you Sync your phone, the ringtone will show up in a list under the "Ringtone" tab. You can manually delete the file from the Home > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music > Ringtones, but this won't delete it from iTunes. For that you will have to re-create your iTunes Library which will reset all play counts and dates added (I think). So just deal with the extra files.

5. After that, Sync it with your phone. If it doesn't show up on your phone, the problem seems to be that the file size is too large. Edit it down and try again.

Thanks

Can you make this to support other languages like Chinese and Japanese?
    It showed up ??? when I drag them over...

Thanks in advance,
    soda
    Last edited by soda97; 09-07-2007 at 11:12 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Clearly, every question i have asked in these forums has never been answered.

So...

Thanks!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks

Looks like you've asked one question. Every once in a while they get looked over in a busy thread. Always better to start a new thread when you have a question which is separate from the thread you're discussing in.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FrankieG889D View Post
    any confirmation that your phone isnt restored on a phone update?
    No, how could we know? There hasn't been an update since I released iRingtoner without hacking your phone. I'll assume that since there is not hacking (jailbreaking) involved you won't have to restore when the new firmware comes out, but we will have to wait and see . . . Sorry for missing your post.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i noticed that after i sync with itunes, all of my ringtones (from iringtoner) is deleted from my phone. is there any fix or reason for this? thanks! great software.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Disappearing Ringtones
    Any idea why the ringtones might disappear from the Sounds menu? I have transferred a number of my ringtones over to the iphone. They show up on teh iphone and I can even go into sounds and select a certain ringtone and play it. I set it to the one I want. Then when I get a call, it starts ringing using "Marimba". When I go into the list of ringtones, my custom ringtones are missing.

If I hook the phone back up to the computer and open iRingtoner, it shows that the ringtones are all still there. I go back into sounds and they reappear. WTF???

keiffer6