Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
iPhone Newsforums, a part of the
Sure, use either Installer, iBrickr, or Breezy....
09-05-2007, 03:35 AM #21
Sure, use either Installer, iBrickr, or Breezy.
09-05-2007, 06:43 AM #22
nope im running windows xp pro.. vista is crap.. just for that reason.. haha and this is why i havnt upgraded to vista.. because half of the iphone apps dont work with it among another things...
Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-06-2007 at 02:44 PM. Reason: language
09-05-2007, 11:23 AM #23
09-05-2007, 12:43 PM #24
Am I missing a step? because all I keep getting is an error
09-05-2007, 08:59 PM #25
Works great for me. It did trigger my firewall for some unknown reason. Can the author of this software comment on that?
BTW if you want to remove ringtones that you added with this application just right click on them in the apps window and choose remove.
09-05-2007, 11:07 PM #26
I believe wally_wall is the author. And he has released the source, available in our downloads section. So I am fairly sure its ok.
09-06-2007, 10:34 AM #27
I have finally tried it on a Vista machine and it works fine for me. The only thing I can think of is that, when giving this program to local friends, they don't have all the updates on there computer. They have to download .NET 2.0 manually which should be installed with Windows Update. The only thing I would make sure you do is make sure your computer is updated using Windows Update, or at the very least, make sure all the .NET updates are installed, regardless of version.
This may fix all these people problems who can't seem to get the program working. If not though, unfortanatly I can't reproduce the problem you all are having.
Last edited by wally_wall; 09-06-2007 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
09-06-2007, 11:30 AM #28iringtoner not working
Getting the following error
iphoneinterface.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
09-06-2007, 12:22 PM #29
09-06-2007, 03:06 PM #30
09-06-2007, 03:55 PM #31
wow great program
I heard jailbreak isn't compatible with the lastest iTune
keep up the good work!
09-06-2007, 10:05 PM #32can't get ringtones to show up on phone
i can drop mp3 files into iringtoner but can't get them to show up on the phone itself? i have the latest version of ituens and the latest software on the phone..
09-07-2007, 02:27 AM #33
I'm having the same problem as "aliti". The program appears to be working and seems to be transferring the files but it isn't showing up on my phone.
Currently i'm running Windows XP, iTunes 7.3, iphone 1.0.2 and i had to download .NET v2.0 to get iRingtoner to work.
Anyone have the same problem with an easy solution? Thnx for any help.
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM #34
Check this post. I got this from macrumors.com... Apparently iRingtoner and all others are dead
as from macrumors.com . . .
Since the original instruction is a bit light on details. Here is everything you need.
1. Convert the song you want to use as a ringtone to AAC 128kbps. OR if it is already in this format, duplicate it. Then, in iTunes, add an additional item to the title in the duplicate or new AAC (I just put "(ringtone)").
2. Drag the file onto your desktop. Click Apple+I (or right click get info). Change the file name from .m4a to .m4r. When asked if you want to change the extension, select "Use .m4r". Also change the file name to what you want it to show up as on your phone. For example, by default it will be "(song track number) (song track title)." I deleted the song track number.
3. Edit the file in another program. I have sound studio which is pretty easy to edit an AAC file and add a fade in/fade out. There is obviously a size limit on the file, but I don't know what it is. I usually edit the song down to about a 20-30 second clip and save it.
4. Drag the file into iTunes. Since the "Ringtones" feature isn't completely enabled yet, it won't show up anywhere in your Library, but once you Sync your phone, the ringtone will show up in a list under the "Ringtone" tab. You can manually delete the file from the Home > Music > iTunes > iTunes Music > Ringtones, but this won't delete it from iTunes. For that you will have to re-create your iTunes Library which will reset all play counts and dates added (I think). So just deal with the extra files.
5. After that, Sync it with your phone. If it doesn't show up on your phone, the problem seems to be that the file size is too large. Edit it down and try again.
09-07-2007, 04:34 PM #35
Can you make this to support other languages like Chinese and Japanese?
It showed up ??? when I drag them over...
Thanks in advance,
Last edited by soda97; 09-08-2007 at 12:12 AM.
09-08-2007, 01:22 AM #36
Clearly, every question i have asked in these forums has never been answered.
09-08-2007, 01:27 AM #37
Looks like you've asked one question. Every once in a while they get looked over in a busy thread. Always better to start a new thread when you have a question which is separate from the thread you're discussing in.
09-09-2007, 06:49 AM #38
09-15-2007, 05:57 PM #39
i noticed that after i sync with itunes, all of my ringtones (from iringtoner) is deleted from my phone. is there any fix or reason for this? thanks! great software.
09-17-2007, 01:04 PM #40
Any idea why the ringtones might disappear from the Sounds menu? I have transferred a number of my ringtones over to the iphone. They show up on teh iphone and I can even go into sounds and select a certain ringtone and play it. I set it to the one I want. Then when I get a call, it starts ringing using "Marimba". When I go into the list of ringtones, my custom ringtones are missing.
If I hook the phone back up to the computer and open iRingtoner, it shows that the ringtones are all still there. I go back into sounds and they reappear. WTF???