+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clearer Calls for the iPhone with QB-EM Shielding?

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone AppleChic's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Clearer Calls for the iPhone with QB-EM Shielding?

Anyone who has owned or used an iPhone near electronic devices, such as car radios, computer speakers, or various audio receivers has probably experienced some degree of interference or static between the iPhone and the other electronics.

The company, QuickBridge Solutions (QB), has promised to solve this annoying problem with the release of its newest product, the QB-EM shield. What is more, is that this shield only costs a meager $3.99.

The QB-EM shield functions by blocking the electromagnetic impulses coming from the iPhone. The issue of interference is most problematic with first generation iPhones and the iPhone 3Gs that reverted back to the EDGE networking instead of the 3G networking.

QuickBridge says that the root cause of the interference problem are the electronic devices that do not meet the FCC’s standards or do not have the proper EMI and RFI shielding. QuickBridge also boasts claims that 80% to 90% of all interference will be blocked.

The QB-EM shield itself is pretty nifty. It is shaped just like as business card, and all an iPhone owner has to do is put the QB-EM shield at the back of the iPhone case or docking station near the bottom. The shield has to cover the black stripe on the lower back section of the iPhone. Also, QuickBridge manufactures the QB-EM shield in three different designs; Leopard Skin, Lightening Bolt, and Space Cloud.

I have to admit though…I am somewhat unsure. This issue of interference is by no means new. It has been around since the 1990s when all the GSM phones first started coming out. I am just curious why no one has thought of this sooner. And for only four bucks, it sure is promising a lot.

Source: ipodnews
    AppleChic

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AppleChic For This Useful Post:

enjoi4586 (10-13-2008), NakedFaerie (10-13-2008)

KelvinalF
    nice thanks for the info

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont know about that... it seems too good to be true though. why is it that this does not do on my gf's blackjack2? i mean to me, i guess to the untrained eye, the bj2 doesnt have that much insulation as much as my 1st gen iphone and it doesnt have that interference that my iphone give. oh and i notice this to some stock car radio. it doesnt do it on my avic n1.

OLD INFO I forgot where to get this again. Link?

iPhone? More like MyPhone elr0y7's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, it does seem to good to be true, there must be SOME drawback besides having to either hold it behind your phone or buying a case that can hold it.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

hmmm... a 2D Faraday cage.

Thanks

probably works quite well if you put it in your docking bay. search google, people can build these out of a soda can. most of the time you're causing interference with your computer speakers and it's when your phone is in the dock by your computer. cut up a can and prevent all the noise..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to scottjl For This Useful Post:

bpender69 (06-01-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone dillonsmith9147's Avatar
    Thanks

also notice the BJ2 has horrible signal along with all samsungs, i imagine all it is gonna do besides give you peace and quiet is lower your signal
    just my .02
    Last edited by dillonsmith9147; 10-13-2008 at 06:08 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Who is this AppleChic and how did she become so awesome? I have new articles to read like, all the time now. And it's awesome! Means i'm not spamming refresh for no reason at all. She's feeding my addiction!! Awesome by my book. So is this in any way related to the same issue as interference in my car stereo when I plug my 12v cigarette lighter charger in? When i'm listening via my iPhone through the stock jack, it sounds horrible when my phone is charging. =(

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm very curious as to how that could possibly fix this problem. For instance, when I plug in my iPhone to my head unit, sometimes
    I will experience this issue on my speakers...

Thanks

Shouldn't Apple be responsible for this fix?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

awesome, thats what I needed for a long time...

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

so wait, does that mean no more GSM buzzing with this? that'd be amazing...

(not to mention that old school FM transmitters would work again...)

edit: after watching the video... that seems to be the case. i may just be the guinea pig here and order one.

edit #2: ordered one. ;-)
    Last edited by billchase2; 10-13-2008 at 10:51 PM.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol might have to order one, my proffesors are getting irritated because of the buzzing noise comming from the speakers like every 5min.

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

just ordered 3...even it it doesnt work..i'll be ok with the $12 bucks in the hole. But i think i can return them if they dont work...hihihihi.

Great XMas gift i might add.....hahahahaha.

Thanks
    I hope this really works. I'm a cashier at a bookstore and I'm always playing on my phone when I have no customers lol. And the second I try to connect to the internet it starts freaking out the registers and the scanners start making a loud quick-pulsing noise. Also whenever I'm listening to it in my car (via the FM transmitter) sometimes my phone will, for whatever reason, start having some kind of internet activity and that pulsing noise blares through my car stereo.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

i have tested this theory personally.
    in my test i have noticed the interference is not emitting from the bottom back of the phone. My home stereo goes nuts when the iphone is laying on my desk with the sim tray pointing at the stereo. But that is the only time i get interference. If i hold the phone vertical and point the sim tray towards the ceiling (back of phone facing stereo) no interference. This is true with all directions. Only interference when top of iphone is pointed directly at stereo.
    Not sure how aluminum foil on the lower back will prevent this.
    good try tho.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

"The shield has to cover the black stripe on the lower back section of the iPhone."
    if you don't have the phone docked isn't this blocking the antenna ?
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Green Apple
    Thanks

looks cool!

iPhone? More like MyPhone MaxRabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Doesn't putting the phone in Airplane Mode fix it?