Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google Preps iPhone-Tailored Ads

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Google Preps iPhone-Tailored Ads

AdWeek reports Google has been talking to ad agencies recently touting a new ad format - specifically for the iPhone. The guys at Google won't confirm, although they do say its something they're considering.

Google's love for the iPhone has been evident from their continued refinement of their iPhone version of the site. With over 10 million iPhone's sold in 2008, Google would do well to continue their focus on the device.

NYT

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

enjoi4586 (10-10-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Android iPhone anyone? Haha
    Do I brag about which phone I have in this space?

Enough ADs on the iPhone, really, Cydia, Istaller and many of the "free" programs on those installers and even the official APP Store have ads built into them and many of them don't tell you about before downloading them, which technically makes them "Adware" and thus illegal to offer for sell in California, all you have to do is clearly tell people when downloading the apps that there are ads (many of the programs do but a lot don't).

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cmwade77 For This Useful Post:

b3nny (10-10-2008), deenybird (10-15-2008), oliverhart77 (10-10-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
    Enough ADs on the iPhone, really, Cydia, Istaller and many of the "free" programs on those installers and even the official APP Store have ads built into them and many of them don't tell you about before downloading them, which technically makes them "Adware" and thus illegal to offer for sell in California, all you have to do is clearly tell people when downloading the apps that there are ads (many of the programs do but a lot don't).
    Wish this was a country wide law.

Thanks

is this going to turn into another complaint thread about ads in apps? come on, that horse has already been beat to death. if you don't like the ads, don't use the programs. its really that simple.

if you are saying that you've paid for apps that are riddled with ads, that is another story. i agree, those should tell you that they contain ads. i expect free apps to have ads though. how else are devs going to be compensated for their work? a big "thanks" doesn't really pay the bills for them does it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMario16's Avatar
    Thanks

I wanna have Google Chrome on the iPhone! Hell Yeah!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

all this whinin is givin me a headache. Anything apple makes is money driven. Deal with it.
    Do any of u realise we (USA) are on the verge of a depression, loss of all constitutional rights, martial law, and BILLIONS of deaths worldwide.

Livin the iPhone Life heath_rox's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    all this whinin is givin me a headache. Anything apple makes is money driven. Deal with it.
    Do any of u realise we (USA) are on the verge of a depression, loss of all constitutional rights, martial law, and BILLIONS of deaths worldwide.
    for once the fact that we (Australians) get everything late doesn't seem to matter any more
    "Its better to be a pirate than join the navy"Steve Jobs

Thanks

Billions?
    FUD.

maybe they should focus REALLY hard on the iPhone and give us some android love! Or even better, dual boot!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I'm not worried about it. Everything is relative and equal. Google produces ads driven towards the iphone, devs produce apps to remove them
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

its like i haven't seen enough google'S ads everyday already~~not cool~~what i want to hear is "COMING SOON!!! Andriod emu/firmware for Iphone!!!" LOL

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Depression yes.... martial law, BILLIONS of deaths? Where the hell are you getting this information from?

And ads aren't going to make a damn bit of difference, unless the government is getting all the profits to offset the spending our idiot President has ok'd. If there is anyone to blame its the fools that didn't see that the Bush administration needed to be stopped after the FIRST 4 years!
    Last edited by sziklassy; 10-11-2008 at 12:26 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Depression yes.... martial law, BILLIONS of deaths? Where the hell are you getting this information from?

And ads aren't going to make a damn bit of difference, unless the government is getting all the profits to offset the spending our idiot President has ok'd. If there is anyone to blame its the fools that didn't see that the Bush administration needed to be stopped after the FIRST 4 years!
    ummmmm, how about the richest people on the planet saying in a live press conference that they will reduce the population to 500 million by 2012, even if it means by force!
    last i checked, there are 7 billion people on the planet.
    who decides which 6.5 billion people die?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

ummmmm, how about the richest people on the planet saying in a live press conference that they will reduce the population to 500 million by 2012, even if it means by force!
    Do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Ah well, keep the posts coming. They give me a good laugh. See you in 2012, unless you are one of those who are irradicated by the billionaires LOL
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What you just said about mass genocide made my day. I hope those billionaires have pre-empted the possibility of the 6.5 billion on the 'kill list' going crazy and revolting? No? You either are very young or probably from the south of USA to be that naive. Do me a favour and don't vote for Bush's party again. Just don't. Barack Obama may be radical but I'm sure he isn't planning mass slaughter as his first act as President.
    Excuse me while I click 'post' and resume rofling.

That's an easy one!!!! The video "End of Ze World" sums it up for us nicely.

/quote

So now the U.S. is like, "****, we're dumbasses". Canada's like, "What's going on, eh?". Australia's still like, "wtf?" Mars is laughing at us, and some huge meteor is like, "Well f*** that"...

So, now we've got nuclear winter, everyone's dead 'cept Australia, and they're still like, "wtf?"...But they'll be dead soon. Ducking (woo iphone autocorrect~) Kangaroos.

/end quote

I guess in 2012, we'll have a bunch of kangaroos left to evolve back into the people who are wiped out by the rich. Totally better then a monkey. Maybe then we'll finally be able to super-jump like Mario. Monkey's failed us. I still can't hang from a tree by my tail. And prehensile thumbs are so over-rated when it comes to super-jumping. Viva le fireflower!
    Last edited by LeeDude; 10-11-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: some idiot forgot to put /b after Australia. He will not be around in 2012.

Thanks

Tattoojack seems to be living in a conspiracy novel.

Quote Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
    or probably from the south of USA to be that naive.
    We take no credit for him, and don't appreciate the statement.
    Last edited by 461am; 10-11-2008 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks

just when you think- "people can't possibly get any more absolutely f_cking stupid." Seriously, did you just try to tell us that rich people openly plan to kill 6.5 billion "poor people" by 2012? Lol!!!!!! At least I got a good chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by thestrangestick View Post
    What you just said about mass genocide made my day. I hope those billionaires have pre-empted the possibility of the 6.5 billion on the 'kill list' going crazy and revolting? No? You either are very young or probably from the south of USA to be that naive. Do me a favour and don't vote for Bush's party again. Just don't. Barack Obama may be radical but I'm sure he isn't planning mass slaughter as his first act as President.
    Excuse me while I click 'post' and resume rofling.
    it will be those "rich american infidel pigs" responsible, you'll see maybe that kid could kindly point us toward osama if we give him citizenship and some of our blood money.
    Last edited by skj8100; 10-11-2008 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

google likes the iphone more than their own G1 phone! =)
    Last edited by khaoticsquirrel; 10-11-2008 at 11:49 AM. Reason: misspell!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast