+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wider Landscape Keyboard Not One But Five!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by coachballfirm some of you need to learn how to read>>>>> i tried to delete my post because i saw the answer right after i posted.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coachballfirm View Post
    some of you need to learn how to read>>>>>
    i tried to delete my post because i saw the answer right after i posted.

Green Apple
    Thanks

BTW, one should also consider WritingPad as an input method. Instead of typing, you trace the outline of the word on the keyboard. Works very well. Works the same way with email, no SMS. Has it's own memo storage. Free.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i don't understand why apple did not release the email and text landscape from the start. that was (one of) their big things was the rotating screen, but they just kept it to safari. now when i download the new FWs, i always turn my screen in hopes that it will surprise me, but it's a no go =(

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aresinferno View Post
    I was amazed when i came across these on app shopper in netnewswire on my iphone. I saw one, then another, and then the others and they were all right after each other. WTF. Anyway, i go for looks over functionaility TBH. Alot of them seem to do exactly the same, maybe some kind of dev breakthrough maybe. I would say sideways as it looks best but i would wait for better ones first as they have all seemed to appear today, how many do you expect to see in the future?

I'm sorry, but whenever I hear anyone actually admit they go for looks over functionality esepcially with anything technical I can't help but ROFLMAO. It's like saying "oh, it's raining out, but I'm going to where my canvas sneakers instead of my boots anyways because they look prettier." The way it looks means absolutely nothing when it comes to technology, function always and only.
    Last edited by f_itunes; 10-11-2008 at 11:19 AM.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

7,091 Views at this thread at this time.... this only shows Apple how much we want this on our iPhones and how they should have included it with it right from the start.....

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thetoothfairy For This Useful Post:

dale1v (10-12-2008), makondo (10-11-2008), OneRing2Rule (10-12-2008)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    maybe if i knew how to make apps i would get greedy and put a price tag on them.
    I don't agree with that. I think allot of thought,time and energy goes into developing apps and these guys have to eat, I think they should charge for their hard work. I don't agree that it is greedy, they are just making a living like everyone else. Not trying to invoke anyone's anger, I am not a developer. I just support buying apps to encourage more apps.How can anyone expect quality apps if there is no incentive to build them. Saying they are greedy is like saying I am greedy for expecting a paycheck at the end of the week. I would not work if I were not getting paid, why should they? As it was said above the solution is there if someone really wishes for it. If someone wants a free solution then why don't they put the time and energy into creating one?

Rip
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

...and take a look at the price of Pocket PC apps over at Handango. You'll find very little for 0.99 over there. I sometimes feel embarrased at the value I get from apps that cost so little.

Incidentally, who got FireMail while it was free? An excellent landscape mailer, better than the ones I paid for, and it includes predefined text entries.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I been looking for apps that use landscape till i finaly gave up and decided to take my phone in. My keyboard does not work unless its in landscape mode. More mainly for changing to numbers. Kinda sucks but anyway i got biteSMS from the darkside of the iphone and was glad it worked. Their whole front is to use their SMS service to buy credits. But you can change the setting to Use Carrier and it will send it like a regular text. Landscape mode, Totaly free works just like the original SMS in the iPhone. But you do have to have Cydia to get it i hate to say. I looked in the App store too i just did not like what they had. No trial or anything. There were some but i just wanted basic SMS.

And when i get my replacement iPhone I think i will still use it. It is kinda a shame we have to go "find" programs to do what we want to do but i guess if Apple was going to release it they would not allow the Apps on the AppStore since it would infringe on something apple does or in the future will do...

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234