Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wider Landscape Keyboard Not One But Five!

Quote Originally Posted by unlockme View Post
    i dont use irealsms because i dont want another app for sms. i want landscape sms in the native iphone app. i cant believe i pay so much for this phone and cant have lanscape sms! i have fat fingers ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe steves fingers are nice and petite/pointy but mine are not!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i totally understand what your saying my friend but theres really nothing you, we, us can do about it. if you dont wanna pay for iRealSMS then your really SOL. i dont mean to be rude but the option is out there for people to try and $7 bux aint that much to spend u know. charge it on ur credit card, ull never know you bought it. im not like spreading the word because i work for irealsms or anything i just think that people have been complaining about something that has really been solved. sure its not perfect and can use some work, but it does the trick for me. i can text in landscape mode, thats all i ever wanted and i finally got it. sziklassy is soo right! there was never any competition. apple didnt need to speed stuff up cuz there was nothing that could beat it. but with the release of android, things might change. but until then, either buy the app that does what you want it to do or just be quite and wait like the rest of us. now....back to texting my friends, IN LANDSCAPE MODE!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    Ok.... with the money I won during the contest I bought these apps so that I could give back to this forum in some way.....

I bought Sideways.... after you install the app there is the directions in how to use it on the screen.... you can tap the recycle bin to delete the directions.... then you type your message and then tap the email text and it will load the mail program and everything that you typed will be in there..... I felt there was some hesitation within the keyboard with this app... not much but felt some....

Its nice and works well.... BUT ONLY WORKS FOR EMAILING!!!!!!

Now for TouchType.... after I installed it and loaded it the screen was blank and I could start right off my typing my letter.... then hit the email text everything went smooth as well.... when you are typing your letter with this program the typing was blue in color but once it was transfered to mail it was black.... with this program if you want to remove your typing and start over all you have to do is tap the clear button....

This program ONLY DOES MAIL ALSO.... but felt a smoother run with it..... no hesitation...

Over all both are nice if you need this type of keyboard and I like them but I like the TouchType better... and the best part for all of you is its the cheaper one!

I also have seen that the TouchType is selling better as there is more feedback for the two of these... probably because everyone wants what is cheaper.... and I also see within the feedbacks in itunes people are requesting that they make this work with SMS

BUT you must load these program first to use the keyboard in this fashion and then it will transfer you to mail..... you can not start your email message out first with mail.... as you will not be able to access the keyboard.....

Ok don't ask me what I am going to do with all these keyboard apps... LOL but bought Wide email as well....

It does the same thing as the other two... no hesitation within the app...... once again this is only for EMAIL.... NO SMS guys!

So far all three are really nice.... btw none crashed either on me....

Its really something that they come out with five all at once.... I wonder why this is? Now we are seeing a price war start.... whats next?

So far get the cheaper ones.... I am not disappointed at all with them...

I am sorry Rob.... I do not have winterboard or I would be more than glad to help you out here...... maybe some wonderful person will help add to this thread and give us input.....
    Props on a good review!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

thetoothfairy (10-08-2008)

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Honestly I would just give things a little more time. Sure Apple has had a lot of time already, but as of previous no competition. Now we ave android and BlackBerry Storm. Both coming out with guns blazing. (I need to figure out how to get myself a Storm). No ifs and or buts if Apple continues not giving what people want they will fail.
    You know I was thinking this myself as I have been getting tons of information on these two new phones that are coming out soon.....

The BlackBerry Storm may just win the hearts of many iPhone users.... I think many of us that started from the start are tired of waiting for what we feel is important on our iPhones.... and we all know if we want a nicer camera we will have to wait for the next iPhone to get that... but the other stuff people want shouldn't be hard to give us through software updates....

What really got me was the new Calculator... what the heck did I want that for? I have no use for it period... the original one was fine for me....

Just because the iPhone is the iPhone people will move on because the other phones will offer people more of what they want.... that is the hole thing about the competition of the phone world right now....

Who can come up with everything that consumer wants!

My son came over last week with his BlackBerry.... and I must admit... its a nice little phone.... I liked it because it didn't have Windows Mobile on it....

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Props on a good review!
    Thank you!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-08-2008 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked it because it didn't have Windows Mobile on it....
    Windows mobile is the greatest abomination this (cell phone) world has ever seen -_-
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

i just played with the demo of irealsms...its a really great app but im a college kid and i dont have a job right now because im too busy with baseball after class so i dont really have a lot of extra money to spend on something like this even though i would like to...and i know 8 bucks isnt that hard to come by but its not really a necesity for me to have this. So the only thing i dont like about this is the price tag... I hate how most of the good apps now are requiring purchase... I liked it better when jailbreaking was just getting started and everything was free because it was a just big happy modding community and everyone enjoyed sharing apps with each other... just my thoughts though, maybe if i knew how to make apps i would get greedy and put a price tag on them.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by howlett15 View Post
    i just played with the demo of irealsms...its a really great app but im a college kid and i dont have a job right now because im too busy with baseball after class so i dont really have a lot of extra money to spend on something like this even though i would like to...and i know 8 bucks isnt that hard to come by but its not really a necesity for me to have this. So the only thing i dont like about this is the price tag... I hate how most of the good apps now are requiring purchase... I liked it better when jailbreaking was just getting started and everything was free because it was a just big happy modding community and everyone enjoyed sharing apps with each other... just my thoughts though, maybe if i knew how to make apps i would get greedy and put a price tag on them.
    Very few people do anything for free once they know they can make a buck
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Default Sms sms sms sms sms
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped53 View Post
    Hello....what about for text messaging? It would seem so obvious.
    SMS Landscape!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAD THAT FOR AGES! U GUYS ARE SLOW!!!! look on Cydia for IREALSMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its champ!
    Last edited by Dingle777; 10-08-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle777 View Post
    SMS Landscape!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAD THAT FOR AGES! U GUYS ARE SLOW!!!! look on Cydia for IREALSMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its champ!
    Would like to try this out myself but my iPhones are virgins... never modded either one of them yet.....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    +1
    +1

Would like to try this out myself but my iPhones are virgins... never modded either one of them yet.....
    time to pop those cherries my friend. your missing out!

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    yea man everyones doing it!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i totally understand what your saying my friend but theres really nothing you, we, us can do about it. if you dont wanna pay for iRealSMS then your really SOL. i dont mean to be rude but the option is out there for people to try and $7 bux aint that much to spend u know. charge it on ur credit card, ull never know you bought it. im not like spreading the word because i work for irealsms or anything i just think that people have been complaining about something that has really been solved. sure its not perfect and can use some work, but it does the trick for me. i can text in landscape mode, thats all i ever wanted and i finally got it. sziklassy is soo right! there was never any competition. apple didnt need to speed stuff up cuz there was nothing that could beat it. but with the release of android, things might change. but until then, either buy the app that does what you want it to do or just be quite and wait like the rest of us. now....back to texting my friends, IN LANDSCAPE MODE!

i tried irealsms and wasnt all that impressed with it. i have no problem paying for apps, especially 7 bucks, i just like the simplicity of the native app. i'm gonna try out irealsms again because that might be the only cure for the non-landscape sms blues!

Thanks

As much as I try to help this forum out I would not know where to even start to mod my phones here..... LOL

And I do not like to ask questions either as it upsets some.... and I would have to know exactly what to do before I even took a chance... LOL

I know... what am I doing on a mod forum? There is tons of other info that I have picked up here and shared as well.....

Can this be use for text messages because i barely use my email only texting
    Last edited by wildgene789; 10-09-2008 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Didnt read

some of you need to learn how to read>>>>>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildgene789 View Post
    Can this be use for text messages because i barely use my email only texting
    No... this can not be used for text messages.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so why the he11 cant they make one for sms????

who gives two p00ps about email?
    email, i sit and think about what i want to type.
    sms is a quik and instant message. i need to do it fast! like with the sidekick!
    WHAT THE CRAP APPLE????

i just use iRealSMS it work great. landscape texting all day

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gbarielmoreno For This Useful Post:

realiphone (10-09-2008)

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

I have the wide mail keyboard not a big fan of it to much work if you ask me it's a good thing I didn't pay for it

Thanks

oh come on APPLE give me a break!! this should of came with the FW update or should of came with in the first place..alot of people wanted this but now you have to pay for it.. disappointed

this just shows you how money hungry they are!!!!!!
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast