Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wider Landscape Keyboard Not One But Five!

A quick easy fix for Apple to satisfy a lot of iphone/touch owners is to add an option in settings to use as portrait or landscape. This would move the status bar to the right or left side of the screen similar to when we are watching videos. The tech is there to do it so it couldn't be that hard. Lets start a petition. lol.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toothy17 View Post
    does anyone wanna crack these or kno of any one who did?
    Now now the dev's must make their money..... No cracking here... the only crack I know is the one between your butt cheeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nukie View Post
    Hey theetoothfairy,

Can you also give a test to the apps you bought and try the Reply feature? The apps state that if you reply to an email, hit the home button when the reply screen comes up, open the keyboard app, type your reply, and hit send to email, it will show up in your reply screen. Just wondering if that truly works. Sounds kind of wonky. Thanks in advance!
    Sure will give these the test you want... hold on have a phone call after I am done will let you know...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-08-2008 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok, I have to say it, no cracking, it's illegal plain and simple and discourages developers from creating more products.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cmwade77 For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (10-08-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nukie View Post
    Hey theetoothfairy,

Can you also give a test to the apps you bought and try the Reply feature? The apps state that if you reply to an email, hit the home button when the reply screen comes up, open the keyboard app, type your reply, and hit send to email, it will show up in your reply screen. Just wondering if that truly works. Sounds kind of wonky. Thanks in advance!
    I have tested all three apps with the testing you requested and all three do what you wanted to know...

You can reply to a email message, hit the home key, open one of these apps type what you want and then send to email and it works... all three worked like a charm.....

What gets me with all of these programs..... is they all act the same... each and everyone of them.... I would swear that the same person made these apps if I didn't know better......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

i would pay but the credit card that is on my itunes doesnt work
    Good theory. I don't have enough money to buy a Lambo, so I'll just steal it.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

does anyone wanna crack these or kno of any one who did?
    Yeah, you certainly wouldn't want to apply that crowbar to your wallet for the huge expense of actually buying one of these keyboards amd encouraging developers to keep up their good work...

Nitwit.

Then fix it.
    Last edited by Napoleon_PhoneApart; 10-08-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ok guys/gals the price wars are on.... Compose has also been reduced, this one was the most expensive one....... I have also purchased this one and it is like the rest that I have tested out....

Each and everyone one of them do the same thing including this one that I just bought....

I want to give each dev credit for these apps as they all work well... can't believe it myself... if I had to choose one of these I could not because they all do what they say.... so if you want a app like this go for any one of these that I have tried out so far.... because they all work...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 10-08-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Adding More Info

get a job loafer.

anyway, i cant wait to try these. not sure what to pick. proly the one that lets u reply to the email when pressing the home button. but i am waiting for a response from that user. anyway, u guys know that iRealSMS works just fine for texting in landscape and it only costs $7. trust me, get it. ull like it. it works fine and the dev will be updating it. just my 2 cents.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iman07 View Post
    get a job loafer.

anyway, i cant wait to try these. not sure what to pick. proly the one that lets u reply to the email when pressing the home button. but i am waiting for a response from that user. anyway, u guys know that iRealSMS works just fine for texting in landscape and it only costs $7. trust me, get it. ull like it. it works fine and the dev will be updating it. just my 2 cents.
    Each and everyone of these let you reply.... I have just tested all four of them out....

Quote Originally Posted by theetoothfairy View Post
    Each and everyone of these let you reply.... I have just tested all four of them out....
    and they all do it the same way correct? as in you must:

1) open mail

2) select message

3) click reply

4) close mail by pressing home

5) then open the landscape mail app

6) then click done, send to mail, etc

does this look pretty much correct?

^^ no need for petition. Just do what everyone else does when Apple shuts down their dreams....Go to Cydia =)

Quote Originally Posted by nimavafi View Post
    ^^ no need for petition. Just do what everyone else does when Apple shuts down their dreams....Go to Cydia =)
    lol so true.

TouchType has 16 reviews and 4 stars. This app has the most reviews. Proly the one I will buy.

Thanks

and they all do it the same way correct? as in you must:

1) open mail

2) select message

3) click reply

4) close mail by pressing home

5) then open the landscape mail app

6) then click done, send to mail, etc

does this look pretty much correct?
    Yes...

Open your mail...

Find a message to reply to and select it and tap on reply so that the reply screen is there

Then hit the home button

Load one of these programs

Type your reply message

Then hit the send button... each one has a little different icon within the program

It will then take you back to the mail app and you will see your reply message

Then tap the send button within mail.....

Default Release date
    Did you see the release date of WideEmail?!!!

August 25th

BTW - how do you find "new" apps on the AppStore nowadays?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hamfast View Post
    Did you see the release date of WideEmail?!!!

August 25th

BTW - how do you find "new" apps on the AppStore nowadays?
    Go to the AppShopper site...

AppShopper: iPhone App Deals and Discovery

would it be possible for the devs to get their hands on these apps files and disect them for an idea to make something like this for sms? Might be worth a try.

with the release of SDK almost anything is possible. I'm positive the devs can make SMS in landscape no problem but that don't mean apple will let them post it up on the appstore. Guess no one wants to take my advise and use iRealSMS.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont use irealsms because i dont want another app for sms. i want landscape sms in the native iphone app. i cant believe i pay so much for this phone and cant have lanscape sms! i have fat fingers ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe steves fingers are nice and petite/pointy but mine are not!!!!!!!!!!!!

with the release of SDK almost anything is possible. I'm positive the devs can make SMS in landscape no problem but that don't mean apple will let them post it up on the appstore. Guess no one wants to take my advise and use iRealSMS.
    who said anything about putting in the crAppstore CYDIAhhhhh!!!!lol

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly I would just give things a little more time. Sure Apple has had a lot of time already, but as of previous no competition. Now we ave android and BlackBerry Storm. Both coming out with guns blazing. (I need to figure out how to get myself a Storm). No ifs and or buts if Apple continues not giving what people want they will fail.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast