Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2.1 Does Not Play Fetch

2 guys in this thread said "gmail push"

since when does it support push ? or was ignorance about the correct terms and nothing more ? :P

my fetch doesnt work when sleeping either

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

mine seems to be on and off. sometimes i will get the email but other times i have to go in and refresh it. and as mentioned in post before i dont have it plugged in.

Mine works fine. I use it for my alarm and around 1:30am every night, I get my Dilbert E-mail delivered to my mailbox just fine. Its not plugged in either. So...sucks to be you guys.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Mine rarely pushes or fetches.......... bad dog.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

I've gotten my server emails days later (my server sends me emails at 3AM every night). It's ridiculous that it may sometimes work. So far on 2.1 I haven't had this issue but it was rampant before. Now I get my 11:50 email on the dot, I have my 3AM email waiting for me in the morning and I have my regular email coming through just fine. This may have to do with the fact that I have my work exchange server pushing email to me and it could cause my other accounts to fetch when I receive a pushed email.

All I know is it's working fine for me.

Thumbs down My iPhone Doesn't do $H!T with 2.1
    I get text messages late and my phone doesn't ring in sleep mode... i gotta be messing with it... then it'll ring... why the hell does apple only test the new SH!T and not make sure the old SH!T is STILL workin correctly...

i have 3 email accounts on this and i was thinking to myself before i wish that this would just automatically let me know when i get a new email but i have to go into the mail program and click refresh is this wrong?

Mine does not get new email while asleep and on battery power.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poorman1700 View Post
    Mine does not get new email while asleep and on battery power.
    HMmmmm I haven't paid attention the battery power thing, but I know when it is asleep it doesn't.

Actually it does when on battery power, you just have to wake it up.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Isnt there a defeat or work-around for this?? having to wakeup my phone to see if I have mail defeats the whole purpose of the fetch!! This was a STUPID thing for Apple to do in this update... especially not mentioning it, or providing a toggle for it!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12